Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 08:09 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Are you sure that your name isn't Warden Diotrephes??? Anyway, you may be a little more credible if you can find me accusing someone of being sinful without also realizing my own shortcomings. Shall I list them for you? Hey, why don't we start a confession thread, that way we know for sure how much better than everyone else you are?! Do you even know who John McKellar is?
He's the guy who wrote: The movement to liberate same-sex love began because people loved each other. Somehow, through convoluted digressions, it has become a tyrannical octopus seeking to control life and death itself.

The Rubicon was crossed when the gay movement sided with human trafficking; graft-ridden dirty deals with warlords for orphanages; bio-engineering, baby-farming, and emotional deprivation of innocent children by forcing them to replace a biological parent with a fictional same-sex partner.

Now ask me about his credibility.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:43 AM

85 posts, read 67,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But HONEST as the day is long..and just saying what everyone else is thinking......

says way too much about others as haters of diversity, don't ya think?

so which was it--did you pray for peace and prosperity of to be "converted" and cured?
Diversity is great. Allow it to be great. Always think the best in people, assume the best. Assume truth over a lie. Are you always so negative and hateful?

Old 03-18-2016, 08:52 AM

1,204 posts, read 872,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Great stuff Romulus. Orientation/gender identity absolutely cannot be changed. Through social pressure it can be suppressed, but when you do that to someone you kill their soul. I was spiritually dead for most of my life, before I came out, and God woke me up inside. That song by Evanescence "Breathe Me To Life" means so much to me because of that. I think of God reviving me when I listen to it.

Funny that you say this, as this is exactly how Jim and I felt when we were finally married. Had been together 38 years(I think--gotta do some math here) and got married in a spiritual ceremony in Aug 2014. There are times when we look at each other and I swear we are staring into and feeling the soul of the infinite universe. That may sound a bit odd but really cannot describe it other than to say it is almost out of body.

Not to say that it is actually "God" that provides us awakening. It could actually be the Great Spirit, the Force or Physics that woke us up and provide a level of understanding and joy never felt before.

Enjoyed greatly enjoyed reading your posts.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
Diversity is great. Allow it to be great. Always think the best in people, assume the best. Assume truth over a lie. Are you always so negative and hateful?
Only when I post something intended for those who have ears but refuse to hear..they call me the progressive version of trump...

So tell us, did you pray for peace and prosperity or was it a prayer for her conversion to be "normal" like a good mindless evangelical christian?

An answer would be nice?

Gay couple dowsed in boiling water

Two 21-year-old Georgia men were severely burned after a mother’s boyfriend scalded the sleeping couple with hot water in what may be called a hate crime, reports the New York Daily News.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
So, which was it?

Old 03-18-2016, 09:37 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Gay couple dowsed in boiling water

Two 21-year-old Georgia men were severely burned after a mother’s boyfriend scalded the sleeping couple with hot water in what may be called a hate crime, reports the New York Daily News.

What MAY be called a hate crime??? This is why we can't have nice things. To think that it possible that there was NOT hate in that man's heart is ludicrous.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
What MAY be called a hate crime??? This is why we can't have nice things. To think that it possible that there was NOT hate in that man's heart is ludicrous.
You lost me on the curve. What is "why we can't have nice things?"

Old 03-18-2016, 09:46 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You lost me on the curve. What is "why we can't have nice things?"
Nothing more than an expression of disbelief, similar to WTF or SMH. Apologies for any confusion.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:21 PM

Thank you. Never heard it before.....interesting expression.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:46 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
My worst sin has already been confessed on CD. And it's worse than anything you could bring up.

But I'm tired of listening to bovine excrement from foolish posters who desire a god as ugly as themselves. Christ came to set us free from the ravings of Pharisees.
Christ also didn't excuse or condone sin. He was firmly against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.