Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 05:26 PM

85 posts, read 67,609 times

Advertisements

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
Being persecuted again?? It's not all about you. This me me me prevents salvation.
Quit worrying about PEOPLE. Study the scriptures, discuss them. Learn them. Pray and let GOD be God.

You are actually serious.

Listen carefully....Quit worrying about scriptures, study the PEOPLE, discuss them, learn them, pray for understanding and caring.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:28 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

I called you crazy in an earlier post. That wasn't right, and I am sorry.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:29 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You can't make this stuff up, folks.
I can understand why the atheist threads often invict vitriol. If I grew up hearing some of this, man... Lol

Old 03-18-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Listen carefully....Quit worrying about scriptures, study the PEOPLE, discuss them, learn them, pray for understanding and caring.
Is scripture the word of god to you? The truth?
If not, why be here at all? Do you not like The children of God?

Galtians 3:26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
I deleted that post, can you respond to the other one?
No. This thread is not about my beliefs about the Bible and God and I've no desire to play 20 Questions.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-18-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

That's it right there, Nate. We're right here. We're not in a book written a couple thousand years ago. Look at our lives. See into our hearts.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:31 PM

Gal 3:24-29
Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Is scripture the word of god to you? The truth?
If not, why be here at all? Do you not like The children of God?

Galtians 3:26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Nate loves his fellow man/woman. Which is why he chooses to look at our lives right here, right now. We're not in the Bible, Kim. The same Christ that is in you, is waiting to be encountered in us. If you'd just see us.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's it right there, Nate. We're right here. We're not in a book written a couple thousand years ago. Look at our lives. See into our hearts.
The forum is Christianity, read above.

Even by the secular definition, if you don't believe in this, why are you here? Is it just to oppose Followers of Christ and his teachings, those that adhere to scripture as their truth?

Christianity | Definition of Christianity by Merriam-Webster
Christianity

play

noun Chris·tian·i·ty \ˌkris-chē-ˈa-nə-tē, ˌkrish-, -ˈcha-nə-, ˌkris-tē-ˈa-\
Popularity: Top 40% of words
Simple Definition of Christianity

• : the religion that is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ

Full Definition of Christianity

1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity