Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 08:35 PM

440 posts, read 377,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Likewise, I don't care what you do in your own bedroom, but I do care when you try to take away the religious freedoms of Christians.

Futhermore, why is even a fight anymore? You won gay marriage. I thought that was the end of it. But apparently that's not enough. You still beat this drum that rights are being denied. What rights?
I hate reading these things.

LGBT people, as a collective, who have been persecuted by christians for so long during history only want fundamentalists to stop harrassing them and fighting to deny the same rights.

There is no intention to prevent you from practising your myths; you are being told "stop harrassing us, stop vilifying us".

It's really annoying reading christians always wanting people to tolerate their beliefs over respecting people's nature.

By the way, gay marriage was not won; it was REGAINED because before christians monopolised this human practice same-sex unions already existed all over the planet.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:44 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukur View Post
I hate reading these things.

LGBT people, as a collective, who have been persecuted by christians for so long during history only want fundamentalists to stop harrassing them and fighting to deny the same rights.

There is no intention to prevent you from practising your myths; you are being told "stop harrassing us, stop vilifying us".
Really, so tell me, this never happened then?

Quote:

A Christian husband-wife team in Iowa who turned down a recent request from a gay couple to hold a wedding ceremony at their Gortz Haus Gallery business has now been subjected to harassment, threats and vulgar emails, as well as being targeted in a state Human Rights Commission complaint.
Christian couple harassed after saying no to gays' marriage request - Washington Times

I'm sure you'll find some way to justify harrassing and even threatening Christians.

Quote:

It's really annoying reading christians always wanting people to tolerate their beliefs over respecting people's nature.
Then don't read it. We have a right to preach the truth about immoral behavior.

Quote:

By the way, gay marriage was not won; it was REGAINED because before christians monopolised this human practice same-sex unions already existed all over the planet.
How can you regain something you never had in the first place? This country was founded on the bedrock of traditional marriage. Your side took that away.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
... that's not what was stated, so why pervert what was said by insinuating something else?
The message of Christ is in the Bible. And that message includes being against sexual immorality. Which includes homosexuality.

Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Quote:
Why wasn't there a much louder voice of injustice about employment over SSM?
If you want people to respond..... please type a coherent sentence. Thanks.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Preferably expressing a rational thought.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then don't respond instead of making snide little insults. It certainly doesn't make you look like the better person.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:40 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
God also COMMANDS we LOVE our neighbor as ourselves..

Claiming to follow ONE commandment and ignoring the rest is called hypocrisy...
Only that Jesus put loving God comes first
1) ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’;
and,
2) ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Therefore to love God first is to follow the rest from God “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”

To love God is to listen Jesus:
Jesus defined marriage as 1 man + 1 wife (woman) being married ("united") and the two (1 man + 1 wife) will become one flesh.
To love your neighbor is to repeat Jesus.
Jesus defined marriage as 1 man + 1 wife (woman) being married ( "united") and the two (1 man + 1 wife) will become one flesh.
That is why sexual immorality including same sex is declared by God as idolatry (the breaking of the 1st Commandment)

Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 PM

228 posts, read 112,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Forget about that stupid word "sin". Rather, tell me ...is having sex with the same sex wrong? if so, please explain WHY it's wrong. Thank you.

Its a sin if you are not married. Bible says so.

No ifs, ands or buts about it, eh? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

See above

Well, it rather seems like the Kingdom of God is going to be inherited by those ones who keep throwing that passage of scripture around for the sole purpose of demeaning others. If so, it's really not the kind of place I want to inherit. They can have the Kingdom of God all to themselves . . .!

Have a feeling you will be changing your tune at the time of judgement.

I have no idea what 'sin' is. As for right and wrong, right and wrong differ from person to person and culture to culture.

I would suggest reading a Bible if you want to discuss things in a Christian forum. It outlines what is sin

I'll give a LOL simply for the way you asked this silly question . . .

lmao

'Sinful lifestyle' indeed! Who are YOU to determine who is living a lifestyle that is 'wrong'?

Hmmm . . .how come it's often the ones who so piously advise others to 'become a new person in Christ' who rather come across as seriously falling short of this concept themselves ...?

I didnt decide it. God decided it. I am only educating folks on his word.

Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
The message of Christ is in the Bible.
So, you have no personal take on this topic at all ...it's all "Bible", eh? Sorry, I don't buy that. You don't care for gay people and so you 'legitimize' this by bringing Jesus into it. You're not the only one, of course. That said, it must really frustrate you and yours that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality whether you care to lump homosexuality in with sexual immorality or not.

Quote:
And that message includes being against sexual immorality. Which includes homosexuality.
Well, that's what YOU say ...not Jesus.

I can't help but feel that we never get beyond square one with this discussion. It just goes on and on and on without either side making much headway if at all. If we could just figure out what it is, precisely, about homosexuality that is more 'immoral' than heterosexuality that might be a help.

AS far as I'm concerned, the Bible (otherwise known as "God" to some) isn't nearly as against same-sex intimacy (if at all beyond pagan idolatry practices) as "fundie" Christians would have us believe. So, the Bible is really not the issue here at all. It really isn't! It's 'people' and THEIR aversion (even if feigned ) that appears to be the problem. They rather use the Bible ("God") as a means with which to justify a personal prejudice. THAT is what I believe so this is pretty much 'case closed' for me with regard to the Bible involvement on this subject.

So, I ask those who are giving their personal attention to the subject, what IS IT about homosexuality that irks you so much? Could someone clarify once and for all what is 'the wrong' of homosexuality and how does this differ from 'the right' of heterosexuality?

Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 PM

6,791 posts, read 2,900,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Forget about that stupid word "sin". Rather, tell me ...is having sex with the same sex wrong? if so, please explain WHY it's wrong. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medellin Paisa
Its a sin if you are not married. Bible says so.
Really? Chapter and verse ...please.

Quote:
No ifs, ands or buts about it, eh? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Quote:
See above
Also see above. Chapter and verse ...please.

Quote:
Well, it rather seems like the Kingdom of God is going to be inherited by those ones who keep throwing that passage of scripture around for the sole purpose of demeaning others. If so, it's really not the kind of place I want to inherit. They can have the Kingdom of God all to themselves . . .!
Quote:
Have a feeling you will be changing your tune at the time of judgement.
Nah ...I feel pretty confident that I'll be okay.

Quote:
I have no idea what 'sin' is. As for right and wrong, right and wrong differ from person to person and culture to culture.
Quote:
I would suggest reading a Bible if you want to discuss things in a Christian forum. It outlines what is sin
I really don't need you to lecture me on reading the Bible. This is not to mention that YOU are not the Bible and it's YOU and YOUR words that I'm addressing here.

Quote:
I'll give a LOL simply for the way you asked this silly question . . .
Quote:
lmao
Don't do that. I had to look up what the 'a" stood for. How come one of the traits of a Christian fundamentalist is that they come across as being rather nasty when confronted? By the way, the "a" stands for "arrogant" for those who didn't know.

Quote:
'Sinful lifestyle' indeed! Who are YOU to determine who is living a lifestyle that is 'wrong'?

Hmmm . . .how come it's often the ones who so piously advise others to 'become a new person in Christ' who rather come across as seriously falling short of this concept themselves ...?
Quote:
I didnt decide it. God decided it. I am only educating folks on his word.
I know I keep bringing this up but my hand is always forced whenever anyone mentions "God's word". This is how ludicrous THAT particular statement is. So, here I go again. "God's word" instructs us to execute disobedient children. "God's word" instructs us to put to death adulterers. "God's word" instructs that non-virgin brides be killed. "God's word" tells us to stone to death those who profane the Sabbath. Note: This means that 95% of evangelical Christians are to be stoned to death according to "God's word".

Are you sure you want to educate folks on "God's word", Medellin? I'd give this more thought if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity