Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 04:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ok, then don't judge me.
Really? You judge the LGBTQ community but you don't want to be judged?

Well, aren't you special. Wait. No you're not. You're a typical fundamentalist carrying around a bag of rocks..... ignoring Jesus so you can chuck as many as possible at the LGBTQ community. Then deflecting attention from yourself by crying, "Don't judge me. "

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-18-2016 at 04:20 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 04:11 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then you should stop sinning.
Quote:
Always gotta turn it against me personally huh? Are you sin free? Ok, then don't judge me.
Don't tell us you CANNOT stop sinning? But if one be a new creation in Christ, old things are put away and you are a NEW creation in Christ. IF YOU ARE SAVED BY TH BLOOD OF THE LAMB--GO AND SIN NO MORE--that is what Jesus always said--GO AND SIN NO MORE.

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

So you are saying YOU still SIN? So Jesus must have LIED about leaving your life of SIN? Seems it cannot be done?

Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Christ was always about people looking internally at their own sin. He partied with them, laughed with them, rubbed shoulders with them. It was RELIGIOUS people He sought to avoid--those out to kill Him from the beginning. It was "bible-believers" that accused Him of being in league with Satan, of being a drunkard and glutton because of who He mingled with, for failing to place those OT laws that called for capital punishment for sins above the love and mercy that God desired.

jeff, you have the heart of the Pharisee, always pointing at someone else's sin while clinging to your own and not extending the same mercy, grace, and kindness that you self-indulgently find for yourself.

No matter how sinful someone else is, a Christ follower sees his own sins as the worst. But, oh, that's right, following Christ isn't your goal, protecting your idol is. The consistency of your finger-pointing is tiresome in its attempt at self-justification.
The only thing I do is speak the truth which is that homosexuality is a sin. If someone takes that as a personal judgement, that's their problem. I'm not going to stand before God on judgement day and tell him that I was willing to let people live in deception from Satan and say nothing because I was afraid of not being politically correct and offending them! That would be you. They may like you in this lifetime, but they sure won't be praising your name in the afterlife.

A mark of a true Christian would be someone who doesn't love the world or seek praises from men.

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them." 1 John 2:15

Old 03-18-2016, 04:12 PM

85 posts, read 67,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That is the problem with YOUR perspective--insisting on calling the LGBT community SINNERS when it is just the way God made people..

So is is safe to say you did NOT pray for her prosperity, HUH?
Christ paid the ultimate price for me, I do not define myself by a former sin
I walk in the light, just as Christ did. Sin doesn't master me anymore
And most importantly, I am reconciled to our Heavenly Father now
Died and risen with Christ who was tempted IN EVERY WAY
So knows the feeling of all temptation and is not partial to any specific sin.
he covered it for everyone who wants to turn from darkness to light

From having Satan, the ruler of this world as our father, to having Almighty God as our father now

More people will be saved during the tribulation than at any other time. Join them now.

Otherwise maybe Next week you'll be partial to the Alcoholics being persecuted by the Non Alcoholics.

Or the beastality group who doesn't get the rights of the homosexuals in the workplace. Why is that btw??

Or the liars club who also wants equal rights.

Good god it won't end....

Just WALK IN THE LIGHT and take on that new identity so you can be adopted as sons into HIS family.

Last edited by KimmieGibbler; 03-18-2016 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Don't tell us you CANNOT stop sinning? But if one be a new creation in Christ, old things are put away and you are a NEW creation in Christ. IF YOU ARE SAVED BY TH BLOOD OF THE LAMB--GO AND SIN NO MORE--that is what Jesus always said--GO AND SIN NO MORE.

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

So you are saying YOU still SIN? So Jesus must have LIED about leaving your life of SIN? Seems it cannot be done?
Well He certainly didn't say and ye shall be sin free for the rest of your days. It is an impossible standard because we are so far removed from the perfect righteousness of God that we can commit sin every day and not even realize it. However, the Holy Spirit does make us more sensitive towards sin and hate it like God does. All you are doing is cherry picking a verse to try and trap me. Pathetic.

"If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us."

1 John 1:8

Christ was the only human that achieved this standard.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Well, aren't you special. Wait. No you're not. You're a typical fundamentalist carrying around a bag of rocks..... ignoring Jesus in favor of your anti-LGBTQ agenda.
Being persecuted again?? It's not all about you. This me me me prevents salvation.
Quit worrying about PEOPLE. Study the scriptures, discuss them. Learn them. Pray and let GOD be God.

You cannot blame everyone else all the time. Time to man up and realize death is real, as is suffering.
Take part in rejoicing instead of wallowing in "persecution" as if everyone cares about who your genitals are lusting after.
No one who is saved cares. They care about YOU.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:

Well, aren't you special. Wait. No you're not. You're a typical fundamentalist carrying around a bag of rocks..... ignoring Jesus so you can chuck as many as possible at the LGBTQ community.
Nope, I only express my opinion about homosexuality and gay marriage. I don't call you out by name and run you down personally. That's something you and all your friends here do to me.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
Being persecuted again??
Actually.... I have never....EVER....claimed I'm persecuted. I have no idea where you pulled that from. Nor do I have any idea what the rest of your post was about.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-18-2016 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I don't call you out by name and run you down personally.
Lol.... sure you do, Jeffy. You call me out every time I suggest you enroll in a community college or get a library card. You call me out every time I encourage you to further your education.

Which makes no sense to me, since I think education is a good thing....but it is what it is.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Actually.... I have never....EVER....claimed I'm persecuted. I have no idea where you pulled that from. Nor do I have any idea what the rest of your post was about. Lusting genitals? Okey dokie then.....
Many or most of your posts are accusing others of having issues with the gay lesbian community which is defined as a sexual attraction (hence genitals) to the same gender. Sex involves genitals. Personally I don not need to know who your genitals prefer.

I need to know who you prefer, Jesus Christ or Satan.

Your heavenly father or the ruler of this world.

I do not want to know your sexual attraction. Please do not define yourself by it. Keep it to yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity