Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2016, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Christ also didn't excuse or condone sin. He was firmly against it.
Then you should stop sinning.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:07 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's ok. Jesus died for Jeff's sin, so Jeff can keep on sinning. Homosexuals don't have the same privilege for some reason.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's ok. Jesus died for Jeff's sin, so Jeff can keep on sinning.
Well, that's the handy dandy excuse some people give themselves. Which leaves them plenty of time to point out the people they think are sinners and chuck a few rocks.

Jesus said something about that too. I think someone ripped those page out of Jeff's Bible.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:28 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Christ also didn't excuse or condone sin. He was firmly against it.
Christ was always about people looking internally at their own sin. He partied with them, laughed with them, rubbed shoulders with them. It was RELIGIOUS people He sought to avoid--those out to kill Him from the beginning. It was "bible-believers" that accused Him of being in league with Satan, of being a drunkard and glutton because of who He mingled with, for failing to place those OT laws that called for capital punishment for sins above the love and mercy that God desired.

jeff, you have the heart of the Pharisee, always pointing at someone else's sin while clinging to your own and not extending the same mercy, grace, and kindness that you self-indulgently find for yourself.

No matter how sinful someone else is, a Christ follower sees his own sins as the worst. But, oh, that's right, following Christ isn't your goal, protecting your idol is. The consistency of your finger-pointing is tiresome in its attempt at self-justification.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:37 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Funny that you say this, as this is exactly how Jim and I felt when we were finally married. Had been together 38 years(I think--gotta do some math here) and got married in a spiritual ceremony in Aug 2014. There are times when we look at each other and I swear we are staring into and feeling the soul of the infinite universe. That may sound a bit odd but really cannot describe it other than to say it is almost out of body.

Aww....that's so awesome. I hope to find that someday. That doesn't sound odd at all, that is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post

Not to say that it is actually "God" that provides us awakening. It could actually be the Great Spirit, the Force or Physics that woke us up and provide a level of understanding and joy never felt before.

Enjoyed greatly enjoyed reading your posts.

I think when you find the one you can't live without that you "wake up" to things you could never experience before. Either that or I've seen WAY too many chick flicks I haven't found that yet, but I hope to someday as I said up there.

Thank you for enjoying my posts, that makes me happy to know.

Old 03-18-2016, 03:58 PM

85 posts, read 67,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's ok. Jesus died for Jeff's sin, so Jeff can keep on sinning. Homosexuals don't have the same privilege for some reason.
Actually they don't. Because they don't want that priveledge or they wouldn't be defining themselves by that which damns them to hell. They'd have a desire to walk into the light and be the light. Be called according to the new man they've been re-born into. theyve went from Sinner to Saint.

People who define their personhood by their sin instead of by the new creation they've become are clinging to darkness. Even defining themselves by their pet darkness. All we can do is hope they turn to the light, pray for them, develop a positive attitude and teach the word. Encourage them to open the truth up. THis victim mentality accusing everyone of such things against them gets old.

We can't make someone get saved to become a SAINT. If they want to be a Sinner, God allows them to be such. Homosexual, Drunkard, Thief, etc...always linked to the unsaved, the ungoldy. Of course Saints sin but that is what the blood is for, they walk in the light and carry the title of saint. They do not wallow in darkness nor the title for such. Sinners will get their wish, their title, and be damned to hell.
I don't understand it nor like it.

If they pray, accept Jesus as their Savior, and WANT to be reconcilled with their Holy FATHER then they need to do alot of meekly praise and asking. Repent, confess sins and allow Christ to be LORD and Savior. The son of our Holy Father. In order to become wise in CHRIST which in turn is what saves us, they need to know him via his word. In fact, it is only THRU his word that we even know his name. Don't stop there, keep reading to know MORE about Salvation through this man called Jesus so you can count yourselves one of them. Otherwise your heavenly father will let you be to your self appointed title.

How nice it will be in heaven to rejoice and praise our Heavenly Father with more of our family members.

Last edited by KimmieGibbler; 03-18-2016 at 04:14 PM..

Old 03-18-2016, 04:03 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Always gotta turn it against me personally huh? Are you sin free? Ok, then don't judge me.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:06 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post
Actually they don't. Because they don't want that priveledge or they wouldn't be defining themselves by that which damns them to hell. They'd have a desire to walk into the light and be the light. Be called according to the new man they've been re-born into. theyve went from Sinner to Saint.

People who define their personhood by their sin instead of by the new creation they've become are clinging to darkness. Even defining themselves by their pet darkness. All we can do is hope they turn to the light, pray for them, develop a positive attitude and teach the word. Encourage them to open the truth up. THis victim mentality accusing everyone of such things against them gets old.

We can't make someone get saved to become a SAINT. If they want to be a Sinner, God allows them to be such. Homosexual, Drunkard, Thief, etc...always linked to the unsaved, the ungoldy. Of course Saints sin but that is what the blood is for, they walk in the light and carry the title of saint. They do not wallow in darkness nor the title for such.They will get their wish, their title, and be damned to hell.

If they pray, accept Jesus as their Savior, and WANT to be reconcilled with their Holy FATHER then they need to do alot of meekly praise and asking. Repent, confess sins and allow Christ to be your LORD and Savior. The son of our Holy Father. In order to become wise in CHRIST which in turn is what saves us, they need to know him via his word. In fact, it is only THRU his word that we even know his name. Don't stop there, keep reading to know MORE about Salvation through this man called Jesus so you can count yourselves one of them. Otherwise your heavenly father will let you be to your self appointed title.

How nice it will be in heaven to rejoice and praise our Heavenly Father with more of our family members.
That is the problem with YOUR perspective--insisting on calling the LGBT community SINNERS when it is just the way God made people..

So is is safe to say you did NOT pray for her prosperity, HUH?

Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 PM

85 posts, read 67,609 times
Quote:
That would nullify Christs sacrifice for us which offers us a new identity in Christ and leaves the Sinner identity behind, buried and dead, along with Christ. As we rose with him, we rose to a new person. To have our heavenly father actually be, our FATHER. Reconcilled to an eternal spiritual family

Abram to Abraham
Saul to Paul
Sarai to Sarah
Sinner to Saint (no longer mastered or obsessed with sinning but a desire to walk in the light instead)

Old 03-18-2016, 04:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieGibbler View Post

We can't make someone get saved to become a SAINT. If they want to be a Sinner, God allows them to be such. Homosexual, Drunkard, Thief, etc...always linked to the unsaved, the ungoldy. Of course Saints sin but that is what the blood is for, they walk in the light and carry the title of saint. They do not wallow in darkness nor the title for such.They will get their wish, their title, and be damned to hell.

If they pray, accept Jesus as their Savior, and WANT to be reconcilled with their Holy FATHER then they need to do alot of meekly praise and asking. Repent, confess sins and allow Christ to be your LORD and Savior. The son of our Holy Father. In order to become wise in CHRIST which in turn is what saves us, they need to know him via his word. In fact, it is only THRU his word that we even know his name. Don't stop there, keep reading to know MORE about Salvation through this man called Jesus so you can count yourselves one of them. Otherwise your heavenly father will let you be to your self appointed title.

This folks, is what happens to your brain when it ODs on bible babble -- spiritual devolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity