Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Weel, I for one do not feel demonized at all??
No reason you should Z-man.

Keep those posts about a loving Jesus comin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 06:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why woud you? You are one of the more vocal demonizers here. All you'll ever talk about is hatful and bigoted Christians and mock their God as a "god in a tiny box".
THANK YOU, any attention from the Pharisaical crowd means I am walking with LOVE in the arms of Jesus..

One day that god-in-the-tiny-box of the evangelical will grow up, break out of that box and EMBRACE humanity and SHOUT FROM THE CHOIR LOFT--LOVE, LOVE AT LAST, LOVE AT LAST....

And that is christians, with an extremely SMALL "c"

Old 10-05-2015, 06:55 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Weel, I for one do not feel demonized at all??
I do not feel demonized either. Which Christians are demonized, Finn??? The only demonizing I have seen has been of those people who are bigoted toward Gays, whatever their religion is.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I do not feel demonized either. Which Christians are demonized, Finn??? The only demonizing I have seen has been of those people who are bigoted toward Gays, whatever their religion is.
Why would they demonize you? Did the pharisees demonize each other? No, they demonized Jesus. Later His followers were demonized and it continues today, just like Jesus said it would.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Why would they demonize you? Did the pharisees demonize each other? No, they demonized Jesus. Later His followers were demonized and it continues today, just like Jesus said it would.
But, but, but . . . I am a follower of Jesus, Finn. Why are they not demonizing me for it??? I think you are mistaking the demonization of bigots against Gays for the demonizing of Christians. They are not the same thing.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
But, but, but . . . I am a follower of Jesus, Finn. Why are they not demonizing me for it??? I think you are mistaking the demonization of bigots against Gays for the demonizing of Christians. They are not the same thing.
I just told you. They don't demonize you for the same reason the pharisees did not demonize each other. You are in their team. They demonized Jesus and His followers, just like you do. I remember you called me a baal worshipper because I did not agree with your new age views. Jesus said His followers will be hated, and He couldn't have been more right.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Good post.

However, Mercer shot people regardless of their religion. It seems as if he shot those who said they were Christians in the head to spare them suffering. Nobody really knows. According to the latest account of what happened during that horrific, senseless attack, the shooter said "Good, because you’re a Christian, you’re going to see God in just about one second."

I don't think any of his victims knew how to answer, since he shot others in the legs, back and stomach. The heroic military veteran who tried to stop the shooter was hit 7 times and was never asked about his religion. The media jumped on the statement made by a young woman to her Dad before undergoing spinal surgery and is now trying to turn this tragedy into a war against Christianity. Extremists like Pamela Geller are using this sad event to promote her agenda. Obviously the 26 year old student was violent and mentally deranged. However, there's no indication that his shooting rampage was targeting Christians.

By the way, the professor he shot in the head when he walked into the classroom was Jewish. His name was Larry Levine.
Thank you for this post, justNancy. It clears up some things I didn't know.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I just told you. They don't demonize you for the same reason the pharisees did not demonize each other. You are in their team. They demonized Jesus and His followers, just like you do. I remember you called me a baal worshipper because I did not agree with your new age views. Jesus said His followers will be hated, and He couldn't have been more right.
Are you implying that I am a liar, Finn??? I said I am a follower of Jesus, a devout one. I consider that I have personally encountered His beautiful consciousness in deep meditation. I spread His Gospel of love unambiguously without favoritism or bias, as He did. I do not remember ever calling you a Baal worshiper, Finn. If you can find the cite, I would rescind it. I did say that many of our ancient ancestors WERE Baal worshipers and threw their babies alive into fires in worship. I did that to point out their barbaric nature because you did not think they were barbarians.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Are you implying that I am a liar, Finn??? I said I am a follower of Jesus, a devout one. I consider that I have personally encountered His beautiful consciousness in deep meditation. I spread His Gospel of love unambiguously without favoritism or bias, as He did. I do not remember ever calling you a Baal worshiper, Finn. If you can find the cite, I would rescind it. I did say that many of our ancient ancestors WERE Baal worshipers and threw their babies alive into fires in worship. I did that to point out their barbaric nature because you did not think they were barbarians.
I didn't say anything about your 'following'. Judas followed Jesus too. I am simply talking about your behaviour here. It is very hostile towards many Christians. You might want to take a look at your own posts.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Exactly, he sounds just like the atheists to me except for the occasional mention of "agape love".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity