Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 05:00 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
As you keep asserting the same lie, there's really nothing for me to do but put you on ignore.
I quoted all your posts on this thread that had a few bible verses in them...... unfortunately none of them STATED we are saved from eternal hell, you know this too, and that is why you refused all along to re post them. Now can you tell me what the lie is that i am asserting or please refrain from calling me a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
You need to let this so-called "fundy" thing go, it is distorting all you hear and see.

I'm going to assume, because you still refuse to cite passages, that this is from Acts 16. As such you most likely have no idea of the context and scenario of when and where this transpired.

Just because the scriptures do not have the wording you want it to have, doesn't negate what salvation is and for whom.

The verse states;
The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

Paul and his group answered;
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Even this ignorant jailer understood what Paul and his fellow missionaries were preaching, so why don't you?
As you seem to lack the basics, try reading the following. It MAY help you.
What is salvation? What is the Christian doctrine of salvation?
You along with all fundamentalists have added the words "eternal hell" to such scriptures. You are in fear of it and use it to keep folk in fear and to use it to win new converts.

It does not say or imply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved from eternal hell.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:12 PM

339 posts, read 195,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The truth is there, but evidently you couldn't see it, or comprehend it. There are only two places in the New Testament where "Aidios" is used. And they speak to that of his "eternal" power and divine nature that goes beyond the "lip service" and false teachings of men.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power - and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God, nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile; and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.
Now, let's see if you can find the other one?
Who are you trying to impress, and what is your point?

Do you know how many times αἰώνιος (aiōnios) is used in the NT? Do you know what it means?

You have this nasty habit of striving about WORDS, to the subverting of the hearers. (I'll let you find that verse seeing as you purport to know so much about the NT.)

Old 10-12-2015, 03:22 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Do you know how many times αἰώνιος (aiōnios) is used in the NT? Do you know what it means?
You have this nasty habit of striving about WORDS, to the subverting of the hearers. (I'll let you find that verse seeing as you purport to know so much about the NT.)
He is trying to educate you about the difference between aidios and aionios. The only one of those words that actually means eternal is aidios, NOT aionios. Aionios means age-during or of the eons. The translators you rely on deliberately mistranslated it to conform to the "precepts and doctrines of men" Christ warned us about.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:52 PM

339 posts, read 195,021 times
I don't expect those that I have put on my ignore list to read the following, but for those who DO want some education/perspective on proper hermeneutical exegesis of the NT, this is a good start.

BIBLE STUDY MANUALS: WORD STUDY ON AIONIOS, 'AIONIOS' LIFE MEANS ETERNAL LIFE

Old 10-12-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I don't expect those that I have put on my ignore list to read the following, but for those who DO want some education/perspective on proper hermeneutical exegesis of the NT, this is a good start.

How convenient putting the posters who made you hot under the collar with their questions on your ignore list.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:23 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He is trying to educate you about the difference between aidios and aionios. The only one of those words that actually means eternal is aidios, NOT aionios. Aionios means age-during or of the eons. The translators you rely on deliberately mistranslated it to conform to the "precepts and doctrines of men" Christ warned us about.
Quote:
Posting those very translators who mistranslated aionios as eternal accomplishes nothing, Stan. They are still wrong. Aidios is eternal, NOT aionios.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
How are we supposed to know who is on your ignore list?

Wait..I know! Spidey powers!! My awesome spidey powers say your link will support your argument because your sure as heck aren't going to put up a link that says, "Stan is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Ignore everything he says. And ignore the carm links too because the aptly-named Slick is a loon."

Old 10-12-2015, 05:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The truth is there, but evidently you couldn't see it, or comprehend it. There are only two places in the New Testament where "Aidios" is used. And they speak to that of his "eternal" power and divine nature that goes beyond the "lip service" and false teachings of men.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power - and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God, nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile; and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

Now, let's see if you can find the other one?
Quote:
The point is obvious to anyone who can read, and it is not about impressing anyone.
If, I am not mistaken, you were informed that I have an interest in linguistics.

Quote:
I am fully aware, even, if you have been taught differently?

Quote:
You have this nasty habit of striving about WORDS, to the subverting of the hearers.
(I'll let you find that verse seeing as you purport to know so much about the NT.)
Fundamentally, it is you who endeavors to undermine and mislead the hearers.
Perhaps, it is time to set aside the Pharisaical; self-righteous eye of religiosity?

Again, I am fully aware, as are others, however, you apparently are not.
You merely spew forth a few quotes or verses - as if it impresses people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He is not interested in learning anything.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
"The right seed sown in our mind from a correct heart will mature; but the wrong thoughts will destroy any growth."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity