Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 04:49 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, my question was answered. I found out that you do not understand and that you are intent on believing things that don't make sense.
That is one of those general statements that seems to apply to virtually ALL fundamentalists, Pleroo. I admit I do not understand how it is even possible, but it abounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is one of those general statements that seems to apply to virtually ALL fundamentalists, Pleroo. I admit I do not understand how it is even possible, but it abounds.
Jerwade voice:

A closed mind resists sense.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:02 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Sampling:
#151: Gospel authors put words in Jesus’ mouth to sell fear to the masses
I've been saying this for the last year before I stumbled onto this article. I didn't need to read this fact elsewhere to know it was the truth.
If you read even the first page of 200 reasons you will come away convinced today's Christianity is a totally false religion and should be done away with.
Some parts may advocate atheism which I do not support. I am not atheist. I just maintain Christianity as it has been constructed over the millennia by evil churchmen should be seriously reformed to stop the hemorrhaging of Christians filled with disgust over its policies from shunning belief in God altogether. A good start would be using the Thomas Jefferson Bible.
Please remember there is a BIG difference between the teaching of the Bible's hell and non-biblical hell teachings.
The Bible's hell is: just the temporary grave for the sleeping dead.
- References: Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14
In other words, the day Jesus died Jesus went to biblical hell or the grave until God resurrected the dead Jesus out of the temporary Bible's hell.
If biblical hell was permanent Jesus would still be in hell.
- Acts 2:27, 31-32; Acts 3:15; Psalm 16:10

Since the dead are in a sleep-like state they are Not in pain - Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14
So, it was Not the gospel writers, but rather when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted their false theories and philosophies about the dead. Thus, false teachings about the dead spread - Acts 20:29-30

Remember too that there was No postmortem penalty for Adam.
Adam simply returned to the dust - Genesis 3:19
A person can Not return to a place he never was before, so Adam simply returned to where he started to non-life.
There is No double jeopardy for sin but the price tag that sin pays is: death. Nothing beyond death.- Romans 6:7
Since we can Not resurrect oneself or another we need someone who can do that for us.
Jesus has the keys to unlock biblical hell ( grave ) and death for us - Revelation 1:18

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-32 - when humble people alive on earth can remain alive on earth, and continue living on earth, right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Some people are resurrected to heaven - Revelation 20:6; 5:9-10, but the majority of mankind will be resurrected back to healthy life on earth during Jesus' millennium-long day of governing over earth. That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.........'

Those like Daniel and King David - Acts 2:34 - who are still asleep in the grave will be brought back to healthy physical life on earth with the opportunity to continue living on earth forever - Psalm 37:11,29; Matthew 5:5

Our ' last enemy death ' will be brought to nothing - 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
' No more death ' means No more biblical hell which is the temporary grave for mankind.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I believe I mentioned in another thread that non-thinking is what draws some, and keeps many, in fundamentalism.

All they need do is regurgitate scripture.

Rinse.

And repeat.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's a tall order to full, Pleroo. I can't say comprehensively what is right with Christianity. I only know, based on common sense and proven historical proof, what is wrong with it. For starters I'd like to see the doctrine of eternal torment without reprieve totally rejected as non-Biblical--something that was later fabricated to win more converts.
Yes, false shepherds ( dressed in sheep's clothing ) began to fleece the flock of God - Acts 20:2-30; 2 Thess. 2:3-8
So, almost as soon as the apostles were off the scene apostasy set in.
The fake ' weed/tares ' Christians grew together over the vast centuries with the genuine ' wheat ' Christians, and they would do so until the ' harvest time ' or the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth of Matthew 25:31-32.

Jesus warned us that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false in Matthew chapter 7.
As an identifying mark Jesus said that the genuine could be recognized by having the same self-sacrificing love as he had.
- John 13:34-35

So, wrong teachings, do Not make the Scriptures as wrong, but makes the wrong teachers as wrong. - Matthew 15:9

Jesus rejected eternal torment - John 11:11-14 - because Jesus taught ' sleep in death ' as do Psalms 115:17; 146:4.
The dead know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5

Old 10-10-2015, 05:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I believe I mentioned in another thread that non-thinking is what draws some, and keeps many, in fundamentalism.

All they need do is regurgitate scripture.

Rinse.

And repeat.
When you think you know all truth because you believe the bible and are learnt in the doctrines of men and then equate them as being the essential foundation part to having a relationship with God........ then you know you are up against the closed minded who rejected the essence of the message of Jesus Christ.

Thanks be to God that i was delivered from this.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How does God communicate to your spirit ? Is there a bible involved ?.
There definitely was Scripture involved when Philip communicated with the Ethiopian official at Acts 8:28-35.
So, through:
* prayer - Luke 11:13 B,
* through the pages of Scripture - 2nd Timothy 3:16-17,
* and God's people then God communicates with us.- Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

Old 10-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If only we learned to share what we have rather than the bible, any Tom, Dick or Harry can quote the bible....for heavens sake even the devil quotes it.
Silver and gold have i not..... but what i do have
Often Jesus quoted or referred to the Scriptures. Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written "
Meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus based his beliefs and teachings on Scripture.
See Luke chapter 4.
Jesus shared what he had - Luke 4:43 - which was the good news about God's kingdom government.
Jesus wants us to share that same good news gospel message but on an international scale - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8

Old 10-10-2015, 05:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Admittedly, I don't think of him often, but when I do devote a brain cell or three to Jesus, I think of him as a person who swam upstream - who thought for himself and said what he thought - even if it went against the prevailing sentiments of the time or place.

A person who had time for others, listened to their stories and dispensed hope in a time and place where it was in short supply.

A rebel who believed in his cause.

Not a close-minded, clapped-eared, robotic spouter of scripture.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Often Jesus quoted or referred to the Scriptures. Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written "
Meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus based his beliefs and teachings on Scripture.
See Luke chapter 4.
Jesus shared what he had - Luke 4:43 - which was the good news about God's kingdom government.
Jesus wants us to share that same good news gospel message but on an international scale - Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8
This is not true, in a 3 year ministry he hardly quoted the scriptures. He corrected the fundamentalists too on their misunderstanding of the scriptures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity