Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 06:51 AM

689 posts, read 494,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
This only proves He has not revealed Himself to you which shows you do not keep His commandments since He said He would reveal Himself to those who love Him and keep His commandments.

Furthermore no one comes to the Father except by the son so this shows you cannot have heard His voice.

Only the One who comes from God has seen the Father. Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.

So therefore whoever has seen me comes from God.

My sheep hear my voice. My sheep keep my commandments are of the truth and hear my voice.

Follow me and see the kingdom of God.
Sheep are easily led. Goats have much more going for them, I would sooner be thought of as a goat rather than a sheep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 07:46 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Sheep are easily led. Goats have much more going for them, I would sooner be thought of as a goat rather than a sheep!
Then you will get a goats reward.

Matthew 25:31
"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,
33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left.
34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, "Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;

41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, "You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;

Old 12-07-2015, 07:51 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It sounds like something written by someone who is
under the influence of a mind-altering drug.
I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious.
You always say that...LOL

You must have had some great drugs back in the day.
I completely understand, it does sound like that to the everyday normal head space.

That's why mystics are called mystics...it is a mystery to the everyday, average
worldly mind...that could not possibly
understand that there is another force at work in this world that can be tapped into...
altering your perspective of life here.

I don't expect you to believe in this unseen force, why would you?
What I would wish is you just
wonder about it and maybe that small little opening
would allow you to glimpse a teeny moment of it...like a child's heart.

BUT, at the same time...I don't spend my time wishing things for people...
I'm too absorbed in myself.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It sounds like something written by someone who is under the influence of a mind-altering drug. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm dead serious.
Does it? To me it sounds like something written by someone who is enlightened. Who has been exposed to, and holds, beliefs other than....say.... Christian fundamentalism.

MANY enlightened people do not take drugs, BTW. Many people with alternative beliefs do not take drugs.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:21 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Do you hear what I hear? Said the fundie to the poor?

Do you hear what I hear? Said the fundie to the hungry?

Do you hear what I hear? Said the fundie to the homeless?

Cause if you did, you would no longer be poor, hungry or homeless, proclaimed the fundie to the crowd.

And the fundie took his fish and his loaf and left

Old 12-07-2015, 10:26 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You always say that...LOL

You must have had some great drugs back in the day.
I completely understand, it does sound like that to the everyday normal head space.

I think Freak says that because his religious experience is limited to Christian fundamentalism. In their world mystical/alternative beliefs = drugs..... or the devil.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Are these in anyone's everyday vocabulary?

Sublime
Ecstasy
Exquisite pain
Burning heart
Heart on fire
Passionate yearning
Unbearable compassion
Longing
Divine Love
Living, conscious Universe
Grace
Divine Presence

If not...I wish they were...they are a daily experience you can have.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:13 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Are these in anyone's everyday vocabulary?

Sublime
Ecstasy
Exquisite pain
Burning heart
Heart on fire
Passionate yearning
Unbearable compassion
Longing
Divine Love
Living, conscious Universe
Grace
Divine Presence

If not...I wish they were...they are a daily experience you can have.
Sounds like 50 Shades of Grey...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity