Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:31 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
thanks, but i was kind of holding out to hear what electron has to say.

anarchists are all the same---always looking for a way to subvert authority with personal opinion of how being disestablishmentatianistic is total freedom..is this a Pete Kropotkin quote?
Wait. Am I understanding you to say that the only alternative to god's law is no law? Am I further understanding you to say that the only way to moral behavior is through legal codification?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:24 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
BTW, bawac, what you call a Dominionist is what I have been calling a dispensational Zionist. You nailed it very well.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
One thing I have been thinking about regarding Dominion theology is how evangelicals only make up a little over 25% of Christians in the United States. Many of the more controversial laws and comments from politicians regarding "God's law is above man's law" are laws that suit evangelicals but may not suit the remainder of Christians in the United States. Is the evangelical interpretation of the Bible to be the supreme law of the land when that particular interpretation isn't even shared by the majority of Christians in the United States?

I am thinking particularly issues like prayer in schools, homosexuality, creationism/intelligent design, climate change, war, alcohol/marijuana prohibition, reasons for supporting Israel, etc, that evangelicals want to enshrine their views into law when mainline Protestants and Catholics hold different views on some of all of those issues, and they believe their views are God's views.

If God's law is to be the supreme law of the land in the United States, which God? When people ask this question, they typically jump to Islam and the theocracies in the Middle East, but in America I think a much better way to approach the topic is to discuss the differences in how mainline Protestants and Catholics approach controversial issues as opposed to evangelicals/fundamentalists. If evangelicals had their way on some of these issues, they would be infringing on the rights of non-fundamentalist Christians, not just atheists and non-Christians.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,789 times
I think it's a worldview issue. LOL, I call them "warvangelicals". Claim to follow the Prince of Peace, and will prove it by bombing a third world pit into the stone age.
Alcohol is legal, but I don't drink anymore. If pot were legal, I still wouldn't smoke pot. The stance on prayer in schools is an attempt to Christianize a secular humanist operation. To quote my favorite pastor- "If we continue to send our children to Caesar for their education, we need to stop being surprised that they come home as Romans." If I hold to a biblical worldview, then it is MY responsibility to educate my kids.
Israel? They have no eschatological significance for me. Old Testament Israel is not a geo-political entity.....and the US is NOT the new Jerusalem, lol.
Pray for unity and obedience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity