Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 04:45 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times

Advertisements

Vizio, I have another question for you... Do you believe that believers (i.e. people like you) will eventually be made part of a single "being"? Or will each person always continue to exist an an individual being?

Old 02-27-2016, 07:15 PM

802 posts, read 454,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have a Master's in Theology. I am not going to reveal where it was because I really don't care to on this message board.
RESPONSE:

Anybody can make such a claim and then refuse to furnish the name of the university.

In fact, I'm thinking of applying for a PhD based on my life experience!

From an on-line ad:

"The degrees that we offer - are called "life experience" degrees. It's a REAL degree from a REAL
college that gets you REAL credits and REAL credibility. You can hang it on your wall, present it
to employers and use it on job applications."

But I am not going to reveal where it is because I really don't care to on this message board.

Last edited by Aristotle's Child; 02-27-2016 at 07:35 PM..

Old 02-27-2016, 07:31 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Vizio, I have another question for you... Do you believe that believers (i.e. people like you) will eventually be made part of a single "being"? Or will each person always continue to exist an an individual being?
I know you asked Vizio, but my experience would suggest the latter.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
There is disagreement from--Jesus--Paul--Peter--John

All are 100% in agreement--Jesus has a God-his Father--John 20:17, Rev 3:12-- 2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28--1Peter 1:3--Rev 1:6--- so tell us you would have to teach--God has a God--yet one God--how can you explain that?
John 17:1-6,26--Here Jesus clearly teaches--the one who sent him( John 5:30=Father) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- and one must know him and know Jesus to get eternal life--verse 6= YHWH(Jehovah) 26 = YHWH( Jehovah)
Hallowed be thy name= YHWH(Jehovah)
John 4:22-24= YHWH(Jehovah)

So by teaching a trinity God--all that do call Jesus a liar.
The trinity was created at Catholicism councils--it does not exist.
I just saw this post ^^^^
and kjw47 you can believe what ever you choose !
Another thing to be so bold in saying that "There is disagreement from--Jesus--Paul--Peter--John" LOL, that truly is hilarious to say the least !

Just so you know kjw47, God knows my heart and the motive, NOT YOU ! Sorry but you don't have that privilege !
Boy you really live dangerously to insinuate that what the Holy Spirit revealed to me and others according to the Trinity is a lie and also to say that "all that do call Jesus a liar" WOW, I would really not be so prideful in what you think you know and what you actually know and ought to be very careful in what you accuse others of especially accusing the Holy Spirit what He taught me is a lie .

All I can say is you are just a mere man/woman on a computer believing you have the authority to be so bold in saying such when you have no idea whatsoever with what God does in the lives of others and there will definitely come a day that you will be face to face with God and boy will you find out just how wrong you were in your so called interpretations of what is His Truth and what He reveals to the lives of ppl in their personal relationship with Him!!

So therefore go peddle your JW belief somewhere else !!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 02-27-2016 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-28-2016, 12:15 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
When did the teaching on the Trinity begin

The concept goes all the way back to Babylon.
Which was called Babel (or that of confusion).

... and why?

To reconcile the various beliefs into One.
And control the masses of the people.....

... through a syncretistic belief system.

Old 02-28-2016, 12:24 AM

How many worship the other god of Christianism through that of Nimrod, and the tower of Babel?
You should really think about that, especially those who believe in a place of eternal torment.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:46 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
I just saw this post ^^^^
and kjw47 you can believe what ever you choose !
Another thing to be so bold in saying that "There is disagreement from--Jesus--Paul--Peter--John" LOL, that truly is hilarious to say the least !

Just so you know kjw47, God knows my heart and the motive, NOT YOU ! Sorry but you don't have that privilege !
Boy you really live dangerously to insinuate that what the Holy Spirit revealed to me and others according to the Trinity is a lie and also to say that "all that do call Jesus a liar" WOW, I would really not be so prideful in what you think you know and what you actually know and ought to be very careful in what you accuse others of especially accusing the Holy Spirit what He taught me is a lie .

All I can say is you are just a mere man/woman on a computer believing you have the authority to be so bold in saying such when you have no idea whatsoever with what God does in the lives of others and there will definitely come a day that you will be face to face with God and boy will you find out just how wrong you were in your so called interpretations of what is His Truth and what He reveals to the lives of ppl in their personal relationship with Him!!

So therefore go peddle your JW belief somewhere else !!!

I guess what you are saying--throw Jesus truth away and believe dogma--not a wise choice. No matter what 8 billion mortals say--Jesus said--the Father is the only true God. John 17:3)
I know exactly how God deals with everyone. The only truth that comes, comes through--the faithful and discreet slave( Jesus' real teachers)
The HS would be calling Jesus a liar if it taught a trinity.
Undeniable fact--- From Moses on up until today--the Israelites served a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) --the God Jesus went to the synagogues and temples to be taught about and worship. So how is it all of a sudden when God does not change, he became a trinity--it occurred at the councils of Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3)--no trinity was taught at the first council of Nicea--it was added later.
It would surely be wise to know facts before discussing a matter.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:56 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle's Child View Post
RESPONSE:

Anybody can make such a claim and then refuse to furnish the name of the university.

In fact, I'm thinking of applying for a PhD based on my life experience!
Well, if you're Aristotle's Child, you've certain been around long enough to do so.

Quote:
From an on-line ad:

"The degrees that we offer - are called "life experience" degrees. It's a REAL degree from a REAL
college that gets you REAL credits and REAL credibility. You can hang it on your wall, present it
to employers and use it on job applications."

But I am not going to reveal where it is because I really don't care to on this message board.
That's a shame. I really want to get one of those degrees! (And then not tell anyone where I got it.)

Old 02-28-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Vizio, I have another question for you... Do you believe that believers (i.e. people like you) will eventually be made part of a single "being"? Or will each person always continue to exist as an individual being?
Good question.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:44 AM

802 posts, read 454,250 times
Quote:
Well, if you're Aristotle's Child, you've certain been around long enough to do so.

That's a shame. I really want to get one of those degrees! (And then not tell anyone where I got it.)
RESPONSE:

I'm just repeating Vizio's statement. Actually, you can find a number of such degree ads on line.

Actually, I'm trying to locate one called Osgood U., because I like their fight song.

I'z good,
You're good,
Everybody's good,
Ra! Ra! Ra!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity