Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times

Advertisements

When Jesus said that the son of man came eating and drinking He defines him as the servant of God because He knew that scripture said the servant of God eats and drinks. Let's not forget that He said the son of man would be revealed. Well I am revealing Him. That is why Jesus spoke in the third person because there are more servants coming.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

Can you be him? I am.

"The son of man came eating and drinking"

"My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 07:42 AM

"Didn't your Father eat and drink? He did what is right and just and it went well with him because he judged the weak and the poor it went well with him. Isn't this knowledge me, says the Lord"

Last edited by Peacegiver; 02-09-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 02-09-2016, 07:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
When Jesus said that the son of man came eating and drinking He defines him as the servant of God because He knew that scripture said the servant of God eats and drinks. Let's not forget that He said the son of man would be revealed. Well I am revealing Him. That is why Jesus spoke in the third person because there are more servants coming.

Can anyone prove otherwise?

Can you be him? I am.

"The son of man came eating and drinking"

"My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty."
Whos servants?...

Old 02-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Whos servants?...
Isaiah 65:13

Therefore thus says the Lord God: My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;

Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 AM

802 posts, read 454,352 times
Quote:

Therefore thus says the Lord God: My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;
QUESTION:

Do you really believe that all those "Thus says the Lord God" sayings were really spoken by God?

Have you examined what many of them claim?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:20 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle's Child View Post
QUESTION:

Do you really believe that all those "Thus says the Lord God" sayings were really spoken by God?

Please give an example.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle's Child View Post
QUESTION:

Jesus quoted the prophets so that is good enough for me. Those who are of the world cannot know the secrets of the kingdom of God.

"Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks."

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

Old 02-09-2016, 07:20 PM

Luke 17:20-30

Once Jesus was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, and he answered, "The kingdom of God is not coming with things that can be observed;
nor will they say, "Look, here it is!' or "There it is!' For, in fact, the kingdom of God is among you."
Then he said to the disciples, "The days are coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.
They will say to you, "Look there!' or "Look here!' Do not go, do not set off in pursuit.
For as the lightning flashes and lights up the sky from one side to the other, so will the Son of Man be in his day.
But first he must endure much suffering and be rejected by this generation.
Just as it was in the days of Noah, so too it will be in the days of the Son of Man.
They were eating and drinking, and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed all of them.
Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot: they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
but on the day that Lot left Sodom, it rained fire and sulfur from heaven and destroyed all of them
—it will be like that on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:

Again...Whose servants?...

Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:

13.Therefore, so said the Lord God, "Behold, My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; behold, My servants shall drink, but you shall thirst; behold, My servants shall rejoice, but you shall be ashamed.
Rashi's Commentary:

My servants: The righteous [of Israel].

but you: who rebel against Me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity