Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 02:36 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
god could have created human to not starve by letting us digest and survive by eating grass, or standing in the sun for a couple of minutes couldn't he? we are talking the creator/designer of all Jim.

he made it so we can't breath under water. surly it could make the sun a food source for humans, right?

I do more than your god with helping feed the poor. What does your god do? Please show your work... Jimmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God did exactly what you said, but we rebelled. Poverty is our fault.

What exactly do you do to help the poor?

Ah ah ah! show your work jimmie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 03:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Show me what your god has done and I'll show you mine.
In other words, you didn't lift a finger to help those poor children. Yet you feel you can put God down for supposedly doing nothing. That is what we call "hypocrisy."

Old 04-08-2016, 03:21 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I personally feel not blessed at all...to put it mildly. I feel cursed, and have for much of my life. Furthermore, there is awful death and destruction in the world that undeserving people have to spend a lifetime suffering through.

Prayer doesn't help. Or, does it?! God doesn't help or care. Or, does He?!
well, bad things happen because good people stand around and let it happen. prayer does help, but if you want magic shame on you. Thats not how it works.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:35 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Ah ah ah! show your work jimmie.
I asked you first. *I think you're afraid to answer.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:40 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
I personally feel not blessed at all...to put it mildly. I feel cursed, and have for much of my life. Furthermore, there is awful death and destruction in the world that undeserving people have to spend a lifetime suffering through.
While faithful Job was suffering he did Not conclude he should look away from God.
Satan challenges all of us - Job 2:4-5 - to touch our ' flesh ' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God.
Both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we.
Jesus did Not teach the bad world conditions as listed at Luke 21:11 were from God.
Bad conditions are forewarned at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13 and would occur before Jesus beings his 1,000-year rule over Earth.
Yes, God cares for you - 1st Peter 5:7; James 4:8

Old 04-08-2016, 04:14 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:

I understand your frustration at the deepest level. Yes, prayer does seem to work...on rare occasions. I've had someone heal my throat from being very sore by touching it and praying and that happened fairly recently....but at the same time, I watch a wonderfully strong Christian person (the kind that will do anything in their power to help the needy) that I love very much suffer needlessly everyday from a brain tumor and has been prayed over constantly with seemingly no effect.

Why did God potentially heal my minor throat ailment but let this other person suffer for years when they could do so much good for the world?..heck if I know...But I do know that God has the Incredibly difficult job of balancing the Free will of people and creation with his own plan for the ages. I tend to think he only intervenes or even grants prayers of healing if it serves a purpose in his ultimate plan somehow...which seems like a better argument when you're not watching someone you love suffer, but still...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity