Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 04:44 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
If I do not wash you, you will have no part of my inheritance.
Point to Christ... not to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 06:41 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Point to Christ... not to yourself.
The words do just that. Accept my words and you will live.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken, that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
The words do just that. Accept my words and you will live.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken, that's what will condemn him on the last day.
No they don't. And you know they don't. That's why you prefaced your remarks in the OP about drawing attention to yourself.

Look at your post that I quoted. Count the uses of "I" and "my". Now count the uses of the name of Christ. Tell me what you come up with.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
No they don't. And you know they don't. That's why you prefaced your remarks in the OP about drawing attention to yourself.

Look at your post that I quoted. Count the uses of "I" and "my". Now count the uses of the name of Christ. Tell me what you come up with.
You think like man not like God.

The I and the my are the son of man. Jesus, when He spoke of I and my was speaking of the son of man the servant of God same as I do. He wasn't speaking personally either. The I and the my are not personal like man thinks but as the servant of God.

I am not drawing attention to my human self but my spiritual self. It is about serving God. When I say that I am the gate anyone who enters by me will be saved, I am simply saying, serve God as I do and you will be saved. That is what Jesus was saying.

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:41 AM

Quote:
You think like man not like God.

I am a man. I am not God or Jesus Christ. Yes - I admit that.

Quote:
The I and the my are the son of man. Jesus, when He spoke of I and my was speaking of the son of man the servant of God same as I do. He wasn't speaking personally either. The I and the my are not personal like man thinks but as the servant of God.

I am not drawing attention to my human self but my spiritual self. It is about serving God. When I say that I am the gate anyone who enters by me will be saved, I am simply saying, serve God as I do and you will be saved. That is what Jesus was saying.

I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

The last sentence - no you are not saying what the Lord says when you call Paul a heretic. Jesus spoke directly to Paul on the Emmaus Road in Acts 9.

You are not saying what the Lord says when you are drawing attention to any part of yourself - as you stated in red above.

Look at the blue above... instead of using the coded language about you being the gate (which YOU are not) - why don't you just say "serve God"?

Jesus made those statement because he is the Son of Man. You are not the Son of Man. You are not the gate. You are not the bread of life. You are not the resurrection. Peter and John walked with Jesus for three years... they didn't refer to themselves in this manner.

You discredit yourself when you refer to yourself in this way. Maybe it makes you feel important or valuable... unless you start healing people or walking on water, people will not take you seriously when you talk about "I'm the gate".

Christ is the gate. Christ is to be lifted up.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:

The last sentence - no you are not saying what the Lord says when you call Paul a heretic. Jesus spoke directly to Paul on the Emmaus Road in Acts 9.

You are not saying what the Lord says when you are drawing attention to any part of yourself - as you stated in red above.

Look at the blue above... instead of using the coded language about you being the gate (which YOU are not) - why don't you just say "serve God"?

Jesus made those statement because he is the Son of Man. You are not the Son of Man. You are not the gate. You are not the bread of life. You are not the resurrection. Peter and John walked with Jesus for three years... they didn't refer to themselves in this manner.

You discredit yourself when you refer to yourself in this way. Maybe it makes you feel important or valuable... unless you start healing people or walking on water, people will not take you seriously when you talk about "I'm the gate".

God wants us to be Jesus, His son, not like Him but Him. You see, God hears words. He does not see with eyes but with ears. If He hears His words then He hears His son. Because He hears His word coming from my mouth I am son of man and son of God, the servant of God. So it is not what you think about me but what God thinks about me that matters. You see a man. God sees His son. That is why I said you think like man not like God. If you thought like God you would see His son is addressing you. You do not accept my word therefor you do not accept Jesus' word because they are the same words. Remember, I do nothing on my own. So even though I may say something that is not the word of God, God does not hear it He only hears His word. Since He only hears His word then I am perfect as God is perfect. This is not so much my doing but Gods doing. It is His rules.

Christ means anointed. There are more than one anointed but only one kind of genuine anointed same as there is more than one son as scripture says. I know it's hard to believe. I have been where you are and had to give in to all the evidence I found that mainstream Christianity is flawed. I really didn't find it, it was revealed to me by God because it is God who teaches those who seek Him in truth.

It is written in the prophets; "Everyone must be taught by God. Whoever has heard from the Father and learned from him comes to me." Remember what me is? Yes, the servant of God.

Christianity gets its Messiah subject from a people who failed to understand God's will. They continue in fallen Israel's misunderstanding of the Messiah as a single individual and fail to see that the Messiah is God's chosen servant. That is why scripture reads; "The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed (Messiah)."

"No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."

By the way I do heal people because I am God's word which heals all.

I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me.

Who is me ? The servant of God, Israel His son.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

He is a lost cause, DRob. His delusion is strong and unflappable. Mental illness can be like that, very uncompromising and irrational.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He is a lost cause, DRob. His delusion is strong and unflappable. Mental illness can be like that, very uncompromising and irrational.
Your the one with the delusion.

Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
God wants us to be Jesus, His son, not like Him but Him. You see, God hears words. He does not see with eyes but with ears. If He hears His words then He hears His son. Because He hears His word coming from my mouth I am son of man and son of God, the servant of God.
There is nothing biblical to support this line of thinking.

Quote:
By the way I do heal people because I am God's word which heals all.

I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me.

Who is me ? The servant of God, Israel His son.
John wrote that whoever has the Son has the life. He did not say we become the Son. We posses the Son through receiving the Holy Spirit, who comes through our faith in the gospel of Christ.

Jesus told the disciples that He would never leave them. He did not tell them to become Him.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do - but whatever spirit is telling you to be the Son is leading you down the wrong road.

Old 04-22-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
There is nothing biblical to support this line of thinking.

John wrote that whoever has the Son has the life. He did not say we become the Son. We posses the Son through receiving the Holy Spirit, who comes through our faith in the gospel of Christ.

Jesus told the disciples that He would never leave them. He did not tell them to become Him.

Obviously I can't tell you what to do - but whatever spirit is telling you to be the Son is leading you down the wrong road.
Nothing biblical to support my way of thinking? Actually it is the word of God that says so. It is hard to grasp for those who rely on the NT as their main source of belief. Jesus even says so in a way that is veiled so that only those who choose to do God's will as He did and the prophets before Him did as well can grasp.

If someone is a teacher and gives you His words to teach as He did isn't that becoming that teacher. Jesus said that whoever accepts a child in His name accepts Him. Now one can say that He was not saying to become Him but you can say that He meant they are Him. At least that same kind of teacher. I never say I am Jesus but I am the same kind of teacher because I accept His word and use it. One can accept His word as genuinely from God and put faith that He will save you or one can accept His word and go into the world and spread it as He did which is what He stated to do. There is much to learn for those who do as He did. The word opens up in a different way from mainstream Christianity. The reason being is that God wants all to serve Him in Spirit (the word) and truth (the word).

When Jesus said He would never leave His followers He was saying that they are His followers as long as the truth remains in them. The truth of course is the word of God. That is what never leaves the disciple of God, the truth. God said pretty much the same thing in saying He would not abandon Israel. Israel is the servant of God who spreads God's word. Same thing. As long as God's servant spreads His word He will always be with them because God is his word and his word is His spirit.

In Mark 9 Jesus says this ;"Mark 9:41 "For truly I tell you, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in my name because you are messiah will by no means lose the reward."

That is my translation most say "because you belong to Christ but if you see it in the original words with their meanings it says what I put down. Christianity translates it to fit its belief.

The Lord says this; "I shall change and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

Last edited by Peacegiver; 04-22-2016 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity