Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Then why does Christianity use the Jewish Torah if they are not an Abrahamic religion?...
We use the Bible in the Christian forum, not the Jewish Torah.
So if you don't like it, take Moderator cut: deleted[mod somewhere else, Moderator cut: deleted
'

Last edited by june 7th; 04-28-2016 at 06:14 PM.. Reason: Offensive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 04:46 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sorry, I don't really see that in your posting. Paul was a Pharisee, a Jew's Jew, circumcised on the 8th day, a student of Gamaliel, of the tribe of Benjamin. He was an expert in Judaism. He testified that Jesus was your Messiah, and he was willing to die for it.
Quote:
Ok...So you believe whatever you read...Prove that he was a student of Gamaliel...And you forget about the Benjamite wolf?...Hmmm...
Richard, you are funny. My guess is you don't accept the NT as truth, since that is what Vizio more or less quoted.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
You have no understanding what Satan is, do you?...There is nothing in the Torah that defines a devil...It doesn't exist...It is something made up by Christianity.....
Ever read the book of Job? Or Isaiah 14?

Old 04-28-2016, 07:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ever read the book of Job? Or Isaiah 14?
Yes, I have....And there is no devil....Isaiah 14 is regarding the King of Babylon...It was a parable against him...

Last edited by Richard1965; 04-28-2016 at 07:48 PM..

Old 04-28-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
If you don't believe the Devil actually exists, then your chances of being
fooled by him substantially increase. Perhaps this is part of the reason
why most Jews failed to please God, and still fail today.
Now, did Jesus ever mention the devil?....

Old 04-28-2016, 07:29 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:

He told people they were speaking by the spirit of their father Satan because we are all born of a beastly nature that we must die to{I think}. I don't see the Christian Satan either but who knows, I am going for Rosie O'Donald she who rides a beast and the false prophet is Matt Damon and Mel Gibson just might be Satan.

Unless it's a woman, and then for sure it's Rosie.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL!

Sanctimonious claptrap.
Hmmm....Indeed....Let's take this Jewish sect that had a Rabbi named Jeshua and rename him Jesus, sprinkle a little paganism here and there, re-define the leader as a demi-god and force this theology on as many people as possible through terror and voila.....We have Christianity....

Old 04-28-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have....And there is no devil....
Really? Job

One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
So we have this in the OT. Did you miss this? Perhaps so..

Quote:
He might have: In Matthew 4:

Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

So wadda you say?

Old 04-28-2016, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Those who truly serve the Lord and walk in His name are Jews not a person of the world who is thought of as a Jew because of a human bloodline.

Salvation is from the Jews as it is written.

"Sing to the Lord a new song, sing to the Lord all the earth. Bless His name, announce His salvation day after day. Tell His glory among the nations, His wondrous works to all people."
And here we are folks....Replacement theology....

Old 04-28-2016, 07:34 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
We use the Bible in the Christian forum, not the Jewish Torah.
Have you ever read the Bible? Have you ever read the Five Books of Moses (otherwise known as the Pentateuch or in it's original language the Torah)? Do you know what forum you are in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity