Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 06:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

"Normal" should not mean "the average," but "within the range of natural variation."

Old 06-01-2016, 07:00 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Your comment exactly depicts the destruction of all morals and values. You are saying that anyone who feels that homosexuality is not normal is crazy. It was exactly the opposite up until 50 years ago when this disease crept in.
That's not what I said at all. I really hate when people on these types of forums claim I said something I never said as a way of saying something they want to say. What I said was that your post was so funny it sounded almost satirical. You are going on about cow sex, for God's sake. Oh, and guess what? Gay people have been around for longer than 50 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Btw, I am not some born again Christian. I am an everyday Catholic, whose religion believes what I just wrote. Sorry the normal world does not fit into your sick, demented life style. Good luck with that.

What sick, demented lifestyle would that be? I am a straight woman in my fifties, with a grown daughter, recently retired from a long career and going back to work part time. I haven't even dated in a long time. Let's see...I write a bit, I read a lot, I garden, and later today I'm going to the beach. I'm active in a local church and sometimes help out at a local soup kitchen. What is sick and demented about my lifestyle, exactly?

Ah, I see. I am divorced, and you are Catholic and you don't like that. Got it. Nice to know that your judgmentalism is not confined to gay people.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:12 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,673 times
MAYBE we should concentrate on murder mayhem and starvation rather than this extreme focus on modulating translations of what sex is? If there is a God and I truly believe there is - I am certain that what people are doing with their genitals or who they believe they love is of minor importance......This subject is not related that much to Christianity but more to the Old Testament - which is ancient Jewish tribal history.

These wandering desert tribes needed to be as large as possible to compete....so to paraphrase. Do not lay down with a man and pretend he is a woman. OR do not spill your seed on the ground...in other words do not masturbate and waste sperm...make babies....which is natural....it was not about some moral standard or great evil.

God basically commanded the ancients to go forth and multiply. We do not take into account that some gays are simply people who are not meant to breed. They are just not designed to reproduce. Then in the alternative there are common lazy woman hating Sodomists who take advantage of asexual gay males....it is all very understandable once you remove the political pandering.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:22 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You are the latest uneducated bigot to hit the Christian CD thread. One of the biggest deciding factors for the Supreme Court was what they learned about and from the children of same sex couples.

From the politics page of the June 15, 2015 Washington Post:

When she was a child, Jenny Rain couldn’t help but wonder whether there was something wrong with her family. There were the jokes on late-night television. The sermons in church. The time those boys hurled slurs on the Virginia Beach boardwalk, her two dads strolling obliviously as she boiled inside.

As she grew older, it dawned on her that it would be up to people like her — the children of same-sex couples trying to forge families in a skeptical world — to show the United States just how normal her upbringing was. But she had no idea that her own situation would be part of the evidence considered by federal judges in their ruling on same-sex marriage.
One person's individual story proves nothing.

Quote:
---------
So, despite your undocumented and unsubstantiated charge about differences in the development of children raised in gay families it apparently didn't appear before the Supreme Court last year like the above did. The biggest problem faced by children in gay families has been ostracism by children from families like yours. That's why many of them are afraid to talk about their parents---because they know you and your ilk have contaminated the minds of their schoolmates with your bigotry.
And that is a problem that will continue to exist because despite all the propaganda, there will always be a significant portion of society who does not see it as normal. The European countries where SSM has existed for over a decade still report the same kind of bullying and ostracizing.

Quote:

You haven't read much on the animal sexuality either. Wikipedia reports:

"Bonobos, which have a matriarchal society, unusual among apes, are a fully bisexual species—both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for female–female homosexuality in particular. Roughly 60% of all bonobo sexual activity occurs between two or more females."

In other words the females are MORE likely to display homosexual behavior. Two male penguins in the San Diego zoo were famous for their longtime association with one another. One impregnated a female and after an egg was laid the two males ran the female off and incubated the egg.
Why do you keep bringing up the animal argument? Do you really believe human beings are animals? Do you even think God created humans? I struggle to find anything remotely Christian about your beliefs. Animals do all sorts of things that we would find immoral.

Quote:

I'm simply amazed at the level of ignorance among people--or maybe I should not say "people" but fundamentalists posing as people in order that their cult be accepted as community.

Until recently the only children many homosexuals could adopt were the physically or mentally disabled because of the bigotry of people like you. They did so. Jeffbase40 stated they would be better off remaining in an orphanage. That's how ugly your fellow cultist is.
I am simply amazed at the level of arrogance in your statements. So now we are less than human and a cult? A cult implies a small insulated group often cut off from the world. Our beliefs are shared by some of the largest Christian denominations in the world. This article lists about 50 Christian denominations worldwide. Look at the chart and you'll see a whole lot more red than green. And only about 7 that will marry a gay couple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality

Quote:

The fact remains that if you do not consider redheads to be anomalies of nature, neither are homosexuals who outnumber them. There has even been studies of twins where one grows up gay and the other straight. Same parents, same environment, same schooling but different sexual attraction.

Sexual orientation is not a physical trait. A person could wake up one day and decide to change their orientation, or be bisexual and just switch on and off. Then there is the fact that lesbians usually have a history of a male partner. I certainly can't imagine something like peer pressure would drive me to engage in a homosexuality.

Quote:

Every gay child ever born came from a heterosexual relationship. Increasing numbers are being found in right wing extremist religious families who in know way would have "brought the child up to be gay."

Kathy Baldock wrote this blog in 2011. It can be found by searching CANYONWALKER CONNECTIONS:

"I am one of you; I am a parent. I have two adult children, Andrew, 25 and Sami, 24. This is a picture of us on Mother’s Day. You and I well understand the depth of love a parent has for a child; it is unmatched in any other relationship. We parents all quote from the same “handbook” saying that we would give our lives for these, our offspring. Nothing holds more value than our children.

Some of you have been given children that are not quite what you pictured on the day they were born. You are a parent to a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) child. Some of you have accepted your children and take no issue with their orientation. For some of you, however, things are not going very well. There’s distance, frustration, anger, shame and even fear.

You are the ones I am addressing.

First, the disclaimers: no, I am not L, G, B, or T; I am straight, and always have been. Both of my children are straight. I am a devout Jesus-follower, no weird beliefs, got the marked-up, written-all-over Bible, was saved twenty seven years ago, have gone to the same church for over twenty years, attend weekly Bible studies and live what would be considered an admirable “Christian lifestyle”. You might even like me; I am pretty normal.

Ten years ago, I was firmly planted in the can’t-be-gay-and-Christian camp. I had the answers, kept the rules, and could go toe-to-toe with most people on any verse. And then, events in my life knocked me off that know-it-all pedestal. Concurrently, God, the Great Orchestrator, placed Netto, an agnostic lesbian, on my hiking trail. Not many people used that trail regularly and we began hiking together.

It took an additional five years for God to crack my deposit box of assuredness open so I could even consider that I might possibly be wrong about sexual orientation as it relates to Christianity. All to say, I understand the arguments and opposition when dialoguing about faith and sexual orientation/gender identity. Believe me, I have held most of those opposing views as my own.

For more than five years now, I have been advocating for understanding, acceptance and inclusion of LGBTChristians within the church. I am vocal, I am visible and your kids find me: on Facebook, YouTube, The Gay Christian Network and on my blog.

Several times each week, I receive communications from LGBT youth whose parents reject them at some level due to their sexual orientation. Your kids are coming to me because they are seeking a parent figure to listen to them, encourage, to love and accept them. During the single greatest struggle of their early life, many of these youth are at risk of having the three things every person needs–love , acceptance and security–withdrawn from them in varying degrees by their own parents; all because of their sexual orientation or gender identity."
------------
The true anomaly in this nation is a real Christian who has learned love and acceptance of others. The pretend Christians have become so numerous that God is now raising up atheists like TroutDude and Pleroo (I think now atheist after escaping the fundmantalist cult) to speak the message of Christ regarding His LGBTQ children.
Blogs prove nothing. I could easily present a blog of someone who has left the gay lifestyle and become a
fruitful Christian.

Quote:

I believe God has brought about every single homosexual or transgender person for an important reason---to divide out those claiming to be Christ followers as the goats crying "Lord, Lord" while practicing the same divisiveness of their Pharisee ancestors.

So the real anomaly is people that claim to be Christian while rejecting their own gay children. It is the equivalent in the animal world of parents who eat their own offspring. Those are odd, unnatural, and above all, not Christian.
I believe Satan brought about homosexuality as a mockery of God's design and fast track way to destroy society. It will only create more division especially among the church and ultimately put an end to the notion of religious freedom which our founding fathers hoped was cemented firmly as the number one rule in the Constitution.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post

I believe Satan brought about homosexuality as a mockery of God's design and fast track way to destroy society. It will only create more division especially among the church and ultimately put an end to the notion of religious freedom which our founding fathers hoped was cemented firmly as the number one rule in the Constitution.
I'll ask you again, since you have yet to answer... What religious freedoms are you afraid you are in danger of losing?

Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
One person's individual story proves nothing.

And that is a problem that will continue to exist because despite all the propaganda, there will always be a significant portion of society who does not see it as normal. The European countries where SSM has existed for over a decade still report the same kind of bullying and ostracizing.

Why do you keep bringing up the animal argument? Do you really believe human beings are animals? Do you even think God created humans? I struggle to find anything remotely Christian about your beliefs. Animals do all sorts of things that we would find immoral.

I am simply amazed at the level of arrogance in your statements. So now we are less than human and a cult? A cult implies a small insulated group often cut off from the world. Our beliefs are shared by some of the largest Christian denominations in the world. This article lists about 50 Christian denominations worldwide. Look at the chart and you'll see a whole lot more red than green. And only about 7 that will marry a gay couple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality

Sexual orientation is not a physical trait. A person could wake up one day and decide to change their orientation, or be bisexual and just switch on and off. Then there is the fact that lesbians usually have a history of a male partner. I certainly can't imagine something like peer pressure would drive me to engage in a homosexuality.

Blogs prove nothing. I could easily present a blog of someone who has left the gay lifestyle and become a
fruitful Christian.

Better understand what the proverbial Satan really is. He is or was once called the "Accuser"- kind of like God's District Attorney. Evil as we know it has a purpose...to enforce goodness or Godliness. People who blame Satan for making our earthly existence hell should take responsibility for their own actions and understand that it is they not some devil causing the mayhem.

Here in CANADA we have a charter of rights - the preamble to this document states that the spirit of the following stems from - the supremacy of God and the rule of LAW there under...to para phrase.

The supremacy of God whether you believe in it or not has the effect of making all people equal....and the rule of law is just that - RULES. Progressives do not like rules. They like to make them up as they go along to quench their thirst for power. If you desexualize a population you destroy the very foundation of family and crumble the building block of an organized civil society. The pushing of all sorts of life styles is not about freedom. It is about gaining total control over the herd..

Those that expect us to give up our personal identity to satisfy the so called collective good are really not out to help or love us/// but to control us and get rid of our freedom and individuality.

Sure - people are all different like finger prints...so do NOT try to make us all the same. This social engineering and the plot to conquer will fail....I am a male.....others are females....a woman has a womb...until they can transplant a womb into a man...the man will NEVER be a wombman. This is not the progressive freeing of society - but the enslavement of society.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:44 AM

Oh and as for switching sexual preferences on and off...I have witnessed this...I have seen friends who as young men fathered children...then went of to be gay because they enjoyed it and they were not saddle with the responsibility of having to answer to a woman and family. People are all hedonistic to a degree and love sensuality and pleasure. This modern movement started back in the hippy hay day.

"If it feels good do it" - that is the key phrase. In two instance I knew young men who as boys were molested by older males...who preformed oral sex on them...This was the first exposure to sexual pleasure that these "straight" males had...so I guess they liked it....they were not all BORN this way....some are created.

Old 06-01-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Normal" should not mean "the average," but "within the range of natural variation."
Worth repeating.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:27 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
It's a by-product of sola scriptura. Once any man could decide what the Truth was with just him or her and his or her Bible, the fracturing and chaos began.

So if you want someone to blame on why homosexuals twist the bible, it's because there is no organization with any authority in the Protestant world. So I would start the blame with Martin Luther.
As a former conservative Lutheran (now atheist), I think you are correct.

Religion is fundamentally based on authority, and when Martin Luther successfully challenged the authority of the Pope, it was the beginning of the end. Luther thought the Bible could be the sole source of authority for Christianity, but he didn't anticipate the endless debates about how the Bible should be interpreted. So now there are 10,000 or more (conservative) Protestant denominations who believe that they alone have The One True Interpretation of the Bible. And then there are plenty of liberal Protestant denominations who don't seem to care about doctrine at all ("deeds not creeds" as the saying goes).

So we now have a situation where "Christian" can mean almost anything.

Last edited by Freak80; 06-01-2016 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-01-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
As a former conservative Lutheran (now atheist), I think you are correct.

Religion is fundamentally based on authority, and when Martin Luther successfully challenged the authority of the Pope, it was the beginning of the end. Luther thought the Bible could be the sole source of authority for Christianity, but he didn't anticipate the endless debates about how the Bible should be interpreted. So now there are 10,000 or more (conservative) Protestant denominations who believe that they alone have The One True Interpretation of the Bible. And then there are plenty of liberal Protestant denominations who don't seem to care about doctrine at all.

So we now have a situation where "Christian" can mean almost anything.
Praise Luther for loosening the shackles, even unwittingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity