Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2016, 08:33 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I look back too ... and see people like you folks were the minority and any posts like your crowd vomits would resided in the atheist \ agnostic forum instead of here.

So despite your wishful yet continual hateful narrative, if this forum was the sewer it has become back in 2007, there would be no reason to suspect anything different in my approach.

Nice try.
Or they were deleted into the dark hole of C/D !!
I so miss those days when you could come here and ppl (Christians and non-Christians ) could have a decent discussion without all the cesspool of anger, hatred, hostility, name calling, malice, etc. toward anyone who does not agree with their so called doctrine !! I mean real genuine talks !
Adults behaving like adults and being respectful so that one is able to learn and enjoy the witness of God from others rather then every time you share what God is doing in your little place in the world, you're having too defend your faith against the large group of passive aggressiveness with the heart of anti-bible, anti-Christian, anti-truth of God's will !

We should always be practicing, " Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4:29 (NASB) which we don't see or read at all happening !

As anyone who can read see that this forum has definitely become a very darkened cesspool, full of everything imaginable, vocalizing loudly such ugliness that sin could possibly produce in the human mind and heart .
This scripture should be taken seriously because it reveals what is really going on inside a person, "The things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man." (Matt.15:18)

Scripture to reflect upon,
James 3:2-10 (NASB)
2 For we all stumble in many ways. If anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body as well.
3 Now if we put the bits into the horses’ mouths so that they will obey us, we direct their entire body as well.
4 Look at the ships also, though they are so great and are driven by strong winds, are still directed by a very small rudder wherever the inclination of the pilot desires.
5 So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!
6 And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.
7 For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race.
8 But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison.
9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God;
10 from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way.

Luke 6:45 (NASB)
The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Believer, hang in there and onto the promises of God and He will bring it to pass for those who believe and love Him, amen !
Psalm 37:18-20 (NASB)
18 The Lord knows the days of the blameless, and their inheritance will be forever.
19 They will not be ashamed in the time of evil, and in the days of famine they will have abundance.
20 But the wicked will perish; and the enemies of the Lord will be like the glory of the pastures,
They vanish—like smoke they vanish away.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:03 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Praise Luther for loosening the shackles, even unwittingly.
Agree!

Martin Luther did more to free people from religion than Richard Dawkins could ever hope to do.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
One person's individual story proves nothing.

And that is a problem that will continue to exist because despite all the propaganda, there will always be a significant portion of society who does not see it as normal. The European countries where SSM has existed for over a decade still report the same kind of bullying and ostracizing.

Why do you keep bringing up the animal argument? Do you really believe human beings are animals? Do you even think God created humans? I struggle to find anything remotely Christian about your beliefs. Animals do all sorts of things that we would find immoral.

I am simply amazed at the level of arrogance in your statements. So now we are less than human and a cult? A cult implies a small insulated group often cut off from the world. Our beliefs are shared by some of the largest Christian denominations in the world. This article lists about 50 Christian denominations worldwide. Look at the chart and you'll see a whole lot more red than green. And only about 7 that will marry a gay couple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality

Sexual orientation is not a physical trait. A person could wake up one day and decide to change their orientation, or be bisexual and just switch on and off. Then there is the fact that lesbians usually have a history of a male partner. I certainly can't imagine something like peer pressure would drive me to engage in a homosexuality.

Blogs prove nothing. I could easily present a blog of someone who has left the gay lifestyle and become a
fruitful Christian.

I believe Satan brought about homosexuality as a mockery of God's design and fast track way to destroy society. It will only create more division especially among the church and ultimately put an end to the notion of religious freedom which our founding fathers hoped was cemented firmly as the number one rule in the Constitution.
One person's individual story proves nothing.

So the story Jesus told is really WORTHLESS!!!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:37 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,944,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Powerful post, Warden! Thanks for sharing. And thank you for fighting the good fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Again, proving WORDS are far mightier than any sword or weapon that has been formed against us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Once again, beautifully written truth by Wardendresden. Thank you.
Truth? Powerful? Where? I don't see it. I don't see any orgiginal thought there, only quoted anecdotes from others and all of it very, very subjective. I get that people with gay children or people in the throes of religious feel good will have their personal reasons for supporting lifestyles that differ from their own but to decide that those opinions are the ones that should hold sway fails as a compelling argument.

Two men cannot conceive a child. Neither can two women. They can raise a child. They can nurture a family. Does that mean that they should? If yes, should a distinction be made, for nomenclature or census purposes between the different kinds of households? Two gay men recently had to appeal to a judge in Thailand to force the surrogate mother they contracted with to give them the child they paid her for. She had reneged on her promise. Lucky for them the judge ruled in their favor. Lucky, or the fact that they were rich and American I won't speculate. But why were they even in that situation to begin with? This is when people get uncomfortable and try to change the subject. Jesus was raised by a Man and a woman if you want to go there. Jesus did not have two dads. Calling anyone who offers a countering argument a bigot is cowardly, and beneath a true advocate for a position.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Truth? Powerful? Where? I don't see it. I don't see any orgiginal thought there, only quoted anecdotes from others and all of it very, very subjective. I get that people with gay children or people in the throes of religious feel good will have their personal reasons for supporting lifestyles that differ from their own but to decide that those opinions are the ones that should hold sway fails as a compelling argument.

Two men cannot conceive a child. Neither can two women. They can raise a child. They can nurture a family. Does that mean that they should? If yes, should a distinction be made, for nomenclature or census purposes between the different kinds of households? Two gay men recently had to appeal to a judge in Thailand to force the surrogate mother they contracted with to give them the child they paid her for. She had reneged on her promise. Lucky for them the judge ruled in their favor. Lucky, or the fact that they were rich and American I won't speculate. But why were they even in that situation to begin with? This is when people get uncomfortable and try to change the subject. Jesus was raised by a Man and a woman if you want to go there. Jesus did not have two dads. Calling anyone who offers a countering argument a bigot is cowardly, and beneath a true advocate for a position.
Liar.

Jesus DID have two Dads: The psychotic one of the OT and poor, cuckolded Joseph.

Actually, three - if we count the holy ghost as another co-Dad.

Old 06-01-2016, 09:58 AM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Liar.

Jesus DID have two Dads: The psychotic one of the OT and poor, cuckolded Joseph.

Uh, uh. In the early days of the church, the holy ghost was referred to as a SHE. The Syriac word for spirit, ruha, was feminine. Only after the faith was slapped down by the patriarchal church leaders around 400 CE did they decide to make it masculine.

From an early Christmas hymn:

On this feast let everyone garland
the door of his heart. May the Holy Spirit
desire to enter in its door to dwell
and sanctify. For behold, She moves about
to all the doors to see where She may dwell.

See TroutDude? You're now smarter than you were when you got up this morning.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:01 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,232 times
Quote:
Liar.

And Marry was a virgin. well until jesus...

Old 06-01-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Truth? Powerful? Where? I don't see it. I don't see any original thought there, only quoted anecdotes from others and all of it very, very subjective. I get that people with gay children or people in the throes of religious feel good will have their personal reasons for supporting lifestyles that differ from their own but to decide that those opinions are the ones that should hold sway fails as a compelling argument.

That's a terrible shame. Perhaps someday your eyes will be opened.

The truth and the power was in the story he told of the woman who learned that love overrides everything else, including the rules set by humans based on their own feelings or societal norms.

We who advocate for the acceptance of gay people and reject condemnation of who they are do not do it because of our children (if you recall, the woman in the story stated that she is not gay and neither are her children) or because we are in "the throes of religious feel good", whatever that is supposed to mean, but because it is the right thing to do.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Uh, uh. In the early days of the church, the holy ghost was referred to as a SHE. The Syriac word for spirit, ruha, was feminine. Only after the faith was slapped down by the patriarchal church leaders around 400 CE did they decide to make it masculine.

From an early Christmas hymn:

On this feast let everyone garland
the door of his heart. May the Holy Spirit
desire to enter in its door to dwell
and sanctify. For behold, She moves about
to all the doors to see where She may dwell.

See TroutDude? You're now smarter than you were when you got up this morning.
That is pretty cool. Never heard that one. But it certainly makes sense to give an Omni-Everything God a female aspect as well as a male one.

So, the original Christian God was a hermaphrodite!

Someone should inform the fundies. They might stop trashing the LGBT.

Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
That is pretty cool. Never heard that one. But it certainly makes sense to give an Omni-Everything God a female aspect as well as a male one.

So, the original Christian God was a hermaphrodite!

Someone should inform the fundies. They might stop trashing the LGBT.
Or maybe Love just doesn't have a gender, but unfortunately our language does. And a faith that grew up in what for most of its history was a patriarchal society...SHE didn't stand a chance.

The Jewish tradition of referring to God as HaShem, or "The Name", makes a lot of sense.

But nah, they aren't going to stop trashing the LGBT anytime soon. Plenty more opportunity for you to have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity