Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 11:36 AM

45,545 posts, read 27,160,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Good point. But I believe the Judaizers were the ones in Acts 15. The same folks that Paul addressed in Galatians.
Just to clarify, it was some from the Pharisees that had come to believe in Christ.

Acts 15:5 - But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 11:49 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just to clarify, it was some from the Pharisees that had come to believe in Christ.

Acts 15:5 - But some of the sect of the Pharisees who had believed stood up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them and to direct them to observe the Law of Moses."
My bad! Thank you for correcting me. I realize I was wrong now. I sincerely do appreciate it.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
My bad! Thank you for correcting me. I realize I was wrong now. I sincerely do appreciate it.
Yes, it was the people who tried to retain the pharisaical observations who were the "Judaizers."

Old 05-25-2016, 03:30 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Actually circumcision have been abolished through Jesus Christ has cleanse the whole body for people who receive His Spirit by the judgment of the cross of Christ..................In the old covenant through the house of Isaac and the descendant's were told to circumcise themselves as a covenant token as God used it as a point of contact for obedience and God knew that these people did not take a bath and were unclean most of the time , so to prevent illness God used this ........ But through Jesus cleanses the whole body which represents this old token of circumcision which is now abolished ....... Still there may be religious sects which are based on legalism and do not hear from God and lean toward legalism , but Holy spirit will put off faith through legalism and prayers do not get answered

Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 PM

11 posts, read 7,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Circumcision was the sign of the covenant they were to keep, and as you know it was a symbol of having our hearts circumcised of the darkness of the flesh that covers the Christ Seed in us.

The people of Israel's sin in this case was having gentiles go into the sanctuary to make the prescribed offerings. It points to the fact that He has established a way to approach Him, and they violated that way. The sanctuary was the inner court realm of the priesthood, where the priests took the offerings such as the ones prescribed for sins, and had the person bringing the animal lay hands on it, symbolizing the transfer of their sins to the animal about to be shed for it's blood.

Now if you take this and relate it to what it means to us today, it's the same as those who are uncircumcised of heart (don't have Christ Seed being progressively revealed) trying to take people to G-d through their vain imaginations that are NOT of the pattern He established. We can only come to G-d through the Christ Seed of the inner court pattern, which is the same as the kingdom of heaven.

This is why Jesus speaking to Nicodemus said in essence, I'm standing here talking to you, but I'm in heaven. The firmament above the waters below it, is heaven, and heaven is the Spirit of Christ. This is why when we are baptized into Him (for real, not water baptism only), Paul could say, our conversation is from heaven. You can't speak from a place you're not.

Thanks for bringing up something other than gay "rights". Refreshing. Peace
This speaks to me. And also confirms to me that much of the babbling and arguing in the cyber world and the "real" world are a waste of time. We should be better stewards of our time than to argue with those who cannot hear or receive the deep things from the Holy Spirit.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:50 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Ezekiel 44:6-9

6 “Now say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “O house of Israel, let Us have no more of all your abominations. 7 When you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to defile it—My house—and when you offered My food, the fat and the blood, then they broke My covenant because of all your abominations. 8 And you have not kept charge of My holy things, but you have set others to keep charge of My sanctuary for you.” 9 Thus says the Lord God: “No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter My sanctuary, including any foreigner who is among the children of Israel.
Ive heard this passage brought up many times, especially by the Hebrew Roots community stating one must be circumcised of heart and physically circumcised of the flesh to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Since Pentecost circumcision is spiritual - Romans 2:28-20

Please notice at Ezekiel 44 between verses 4 to 9 is about regulations regarding 'foreigners' in ancient Israel.
That is followed by the regulations regarding the Levites and priests at Ezekiel 44:10-31

Remember: All who died before Jesus died were Not offered heaven. - John 3:13
That includes King David - Acts 2:34, and John the Baptizer - Matthew 11:11
All the faithful of Hebrews chapter 11 will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on Earth - Heb. 11:13,39
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that ' there is going to be ' a resurrection......
A resurrection on Earth when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill under his coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 PM

23,139 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Ezekiel 44:6-9

6 “Now say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “O house of Israel, let Us have no more of all your abominations. 7 When you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to defile it—My house—and when you offered My food, the fat and the blood, then they broke My covenant because of all your abominations. 8 And you have not kept charge of My holy things, but you have set others to keep charge of My sanctuary for you.” 9 Thus says the Lord God: “No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter My sanctuary, including any foreigner who is among the children of Israel.

Ive heard this passage brought up many times, especially by the Hebrew Roots community stating one must be circumcised of heart and physically circumcised of the flesh to enter the kingdom of heaven.
No stranger will enter the city, gentiles are sent home in the last day, and to be found in the gentile court is weeping and gnashing of your teeth. We have a chance to be redeemed into Israel but the stranger who does not adopt the ways of the God of Israel stands in the court until he will seek to be Israel.

Gentiles come up to celebrate the feast of Tabernacles for 7 days, but they are circumcised from the congregation after 7 days, gentiles are sent home.

After the gentiles are sent home, the true brethren and only the true brethren are asked to stay an extra day out of time.

As the gentiles are making they way home, they are missing out on the Most important day of the year, the most important day in history, they are circumcised on the great eighth day of Sukkot.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearrtsong View Post
This speaks to me. And also confirms to me that much of the babbling and arguing in the cyber world and the "real" world are a waste of time. We should be better stewards of our time than to argue with those who cannot hear or receive the deep things from the Holy Spirit.

Yes, I am about to agree with you. On the other hand, I did meet some who can hear on here, and that is always a blessing to find and a treasure to keep. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity