Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:22 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Oh good grief, you are living it all now. Glad I never read any bible except parts about women being persecuted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 12:23 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I do not want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven for certain reasons. I think it's inevitable that when we pass into the kingdom we would no longer have any biological urges that we enjoy on Earth like sex and procreation, eating and so on. I almost believed that I'd rather go to hell. No one Christian is going to be convinced. Even if they want to convince themselves they're going to have a hard time making a case for it. 99.9% Christians believe that sex is dirty anyway. If there is supposed to be sex or any other Chosen and then the sky supposed to be purple.

Still, I would rather not burn in Hell for eternity. How do other people feel? I'm convinced that you cannot be a true Christian and believe that when we cross over we would still be biological people with urges. And anyone who says that we don't know what heaven is like is wrong.
There are 3 sections of the kingdom of heaven, one is the greatest, one is the least, and one is between the 2.

The final goal to reach the ultimate prize is that you also become a son of God and you receive all the promises spoken about Jesus, you also receive.

These promises to Jesus is that he would go down to an Earth where he would die and be resurrected to obtain a bride. Jesus rules the nations from within, not as one who sits on a literal throne. The promise to the overcomer is that he himself will rule all the nations and this promise is not shared with anyone else. He becomes a brethren who will go down to an Earth already created for him. He will go down and do just what Jesus did on this earth. I think Hell is knowing that you did not obtain the prize and you weep and gnash your teeth with your salvation but with no reward.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:26 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
No worries. Neither place is real. Both places are completely imaginary.

There's as much evidence for heaven and hell as there is for leprechauns, fairies, invisible moon lizards, and giant space crabs.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:33 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
I do not want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven for certain reasons. I think it's inevitable that when we pass into the kingdom we would no longer have any biological urges that we enjoy on Earth like sex and procreation, eating and so on. I almost believed that I'd rather go to hell. No one Christian is going to be convinced. Even if they want to convince themselves they're going to have a hard time making a case for it. 99.9% Christians believe that sex is dirty anyway. If there is supposed to be sex or any other Chosen and then the sky supposed to be purple.

Still, I would rather not burn in Hell for eternity. How do other people feel? I'm convinced that you cannot be a true Christian and believe that when we cross over we would still be biological people with urges. And anyone who says that we don't know what heaven is like is wrong.
Well, if you are convinced of these things, and you are convinced that hell is the only alternative, it seems you are destined to be miserable either way. That's unfortunate, but I don't think anything can be done for you as long as you remain convinced.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:45 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No worries. Neither place is real. Both places are completely imaginary.

There's as much evidence for heaven and hell as there is for leprechauns, fairies, invisible moon lizards, and giant space crabs.
With or without heaven, believing in heaven and it's rewards is a reward within itself because you are building a treasure in heaven by doing good deeds and not taking the credit and this sort of thing brings very much happiness. I seriously doubt that there is a greater happiness found other than doing good works.

But who in their right mind would want to live their whole life with no hope or dreams of an afterlife? I mean, I get it, you don't believe but I cannot imagine living my life without the magic of hope, that magic really exists.

Thinking from a scientific view, let's say that

The probability of a civilization developing on a potentially habitable, alien planet would have to be less than one in 10 billion trillion — or one part in 10 to the 22nd power — for humanity to be the first technologically advanced species the cosmos has ever known.

But even that guess — ''one chance in a trillion'' — implies that what has happened here on Earth with humanity has in fact happened about 10 billion other times over cosmic history."

An Estimated 10 billion habitable earths if Earth is one in a trillion.

10 million years ago there was an Earth habited by aliens, humans that evolved because evolution takes place.

To say there is nothing out there, to say there is no design, or no God, is to say that no other habitable earth exists.

I would go with the odds that say there have been 10 billion earths before us that was advanced in technology a million years in front of our technology. Who is to say that the God of the bible didn't come here as a very advanced species who had evolved?

That's my opinion, saying there is no God or no heaven implies that there are no other planets with people living on them and the reason I say this is because the goal of the Bible is to become a son of God and to be given an entire planet to reign and rule within the hearts and minds of all the people on that planet.

When Jesus said he goes to build a place for us to live, I would say that he has gone and prepared many planets for the coming of sons of God.

To say there is no heaven is to say that there are no other habitable earths in the universe because habitable earths is the promise to the few overcomers.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:14 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:

So what if "Heaven" could be exactly what you want it to be, instead of what various Christians tell you it's going to be? What kind of a Heaven would you be okay with? Unless we simply cease to exist at death (which is, of course, what many people believe will be the case), an afterlife of some sort is inevitable. So, what would the perfect afterlife be in, in your opinion?

Old 05-26-2016, 03:04 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
There is more to life than sex , as you need to grow longer in the world , going to heaven would be thousands of times better than not going because of some human animal sex interest , which would be an idol substituting God

Old 05-27-2016, 06:30 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
No...we really don't. Sex is a good thing between married people. I've said that from the pulpit, and I've taught that in premarital counseling.

If you don't want to go to Heaven, you won't. God won't drag you kicking and screaming into Heaven.

Having said that, every indication is that being in the presence of God will greatly surpass any kind of relationship or any pleasure we have on earth.
Sex is a great thing between TWO consenting ADULTS...

Most RATIONALE non-cultist people probably accept the notion that once we experience death--the rest of the adventure it totally out of our hands.

Since this experience we are currently having known as "living" and for many a CONSCIOUS life, is so fraught with DRAMA, why bother with trying to figure out where you may or may not be when this adventure ends?

Why not get through this scene, cling to what is good and practice MERCY, offer COMPASSION, and demand JUSTICE (notice the trend is to GIVE of ourselves?) while making this "life" as enjoyable as possible?

If you are really bent on suffering, just read the OT, develop this abnormal FEAR of some mythological entity that MEN wrote about over 2500 years ago and convince yourself it is the will of said myth to HATE those who are different, DENY others basic human rights like health care, choice and happiness, all while waving some old crusty book that is moldy around your local TARGET store while screaming HATE and BIGOTRY at others you have never met--sure you might look like a total fool, but you will get on national news and go viral on YouTube so you will have your 15 minutes of fame that mythological entity of the crusty-moldy book promised everyone if they would only forsaken common-sense and run around hating everyone who was of a different church, culture and talked funny...

On the bright side, by doing so, you would never be wrong, you can claim religious freedom as the basis for your discrimination and probably have fewer people on your christmas list--that is after arguing with other cultists just when christmas actually happened and is it proper to even acknowledge the event or when should people be coerced into celebrating that happening.

But in the mean time, don't worry, you will always have choices, at least until christian Sharia Law is established and Franklin Graham is anointed President along with his sister (this will create a PURE cultists class of people in the TRUE image of the mythological entity because all cultists know the entity is WHITE. blue-eyed and blonde).

Life will be so much better in the future and who knows, the tribulation may occur before this one ends and the transition will be seamless!
Attached Thumbnails
I don't want to go to the kingdom of Heaven- but I don't want to go to Hell either-bible_thump_justify.jpg  

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 05-27-2016 at 06:39 AM..

Old 05-27-2016, 06:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I recognize that. I've been married for 18 years. I love my wife. I'm thankful for her. I enjoy waking up next to her in the morning. I get that.

But even that feeling of closeness that I get from her won't compare to being in God's presence.
And she is the reason you CHOOSE to be heterosexual!!

Old 05-27-2016, 07:46 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:

Dear ghostee,
Your imaginations of heaven and hell are based on Dante's writings. The kingdom of heaven is within, and you are either in heaven or hell right now with respect to your life. The kingdom of God, is when "King David" (Ez 37:24) rules for 1000 years (Rev 20:4), and people live and die, and anyone who doesn't live to be 100 is considered accursed (Is 65:20).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity