Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:00 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You are forgiven only on the condition that Jesus dies for your sins AND that you believe it...Otherwise............?

How is this unconditional?...

If that be true, then why does God make promises to the gentiles who would spend their time and money helping and blessing Jews that don't even believe in Jesus and as Joseph was rejected by all his brethren, their rejection had saved the world and as Romans explains, that if their rejection of Christ is salvation to the world then what else will they inherit but life?

Joseph said their rejection was meant to be and otherwise, the world would not have been saved because Joseph would not have been thrown into a pit and sold into the gentile nations where he became a ruler that saved the whole world.

I certainly know by the prophets that Judah will be redeemed solely by who they are and they are the biggest rejecters of Christ in history and yet the world is to gather the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of these people who don't even believe in Christ.

If a Gentile wants to become a priest chosen by God so that he can obtain an anointing offered by God, he should go and find a needy Jew and become a servant and if that Jew wants to return, the gentile will pay his way and make every effort to help him return and by helping a person who doesn't even believe in Christ, a gentile is given the greatest gift anyone could obtain just because he helped an unbeliever.

Christ himself says that you could speak against the son of man{him} and then be forgiven but you would not be forgiven if you blaspheme the Holy spirit whatever that means.

Christ says you can even decide not to keep the laws of Moses and you can even teach others not to keep the law and STILL be in the kingdom of heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 05:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If that be true, then why does God make promises to the gentiles who would spend their time and money helping and blessing Jews that don't even believe in Jesus and as Joseph was rejected by all his brethren, their rejection had saved the world and as Romans explains, that if their rejection of Christ is salvation to the world then what else will they inherit but life?

Joseph said their rejection was meant to be and otherwise, the world would not have been saved because Joseph would not have been thrown into a pit and sold into the gentile nations where he became a ruler that saved the whole world.

I certainly know by the prophets that Judah will be redeemed solely by who they are and they are the biggest rejecters of Christ in history and yet the world is to gather the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of these people who don't even believe in Christ.

If a Gentile wants to become a priest chosen by God so that he can obtain an anointing offered by God, he should go and find a needy Jew and become a servant and if that Jew wants to return, the gentile will pay his way and make every effort to help him return and by helping a person who doesn't even believe in Christ, a gentile is given the greatest gift anyone could obtain just because he helped an unbeliever.

Christ himself says that you could speak against the son of man{him} and then be forgiven but you would not be forgiven if you blaspheme the Holy spirit whatever that means.

Christ says you can even decide not to keep the laws of Moses and you can even teach others not to keep the law and STILL be in the kingdom of heaven.
Joseph's actions did not save the world at all...It merely saved Israel...

Old 06-27-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Joseph's actions did not save the world at all...It merely saved Israel...
Wasn't the entire region gripped in famine and drought for 7 years? As the known world went then, it was a salvation to the world and that's why the sons of Jacob traveled so far just to buy grain. It saved all the Egyptians and as far as I am concerned, this is like the whole world.

Bless Egypt my people, bless Assyria the work of my hands and bless Israel mine inheritance like 3 kinds of people and they all come from Egypt.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:27 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
When Christ's name is used, we must ask which Jesus are they making reference to?

The American society increasingly is made up of people who want a God who is diametrically opposed to the Christ who is described in scripture – A Christ who gave up the wealth, power and prestige that was rightly His and, as it says in Philippians chapter two, humbled Himself, making Himself of no reputation, taking on the status of a slave and being willing to endure the degradation of crucifixion. With a people who put wealth, power and prestige at the top of their list of aspirations, their God is likely to embody those traits instead of what we find in Jesus.

Paul warned us about the possibility of Christians turning from the real Jesus and worshipping “another Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:4).
I'm afraid you're about to receive a rep point from Vizio. He loves to tell me that I worship the "wrong" Jesus, just because I see Him differently than he (Viz) does.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Wasn't the entire region gripped in famine and drought for 7 years? As the known world went then, it was a salvation to the world and that's why the sons of Jacob traveled so far just to buy grain. It saved all the Egyptians and as far as I am concerned, this is like the whole world.

Bless Egypt my people, bless Assyria the work of my hands and bless Israel mine inheritance like 3 kinds of people and they all come from Egypt.
It was only the Israelites...

Old 06-27-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
It was only the Israelites...

What do you mean? All the Egyptians sold all their land and everything they were into servitude rather than to starve to death and if it was that bad beside the Nile, it must have been a pretty bad 7 years.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
What do you mean? All the Egyptians sold all their land and everything they were into servitude rather than to starve to death and if it was that bad beside the Nile, it must have been a pretty bad 7 years.
No, that 7 years had to do with Israel because Joseph at that time was in charge of Egypt when his brothers came down there because Egypt had plenty because of Joseph....It was all to save G-d's chosen people...Not the whole world...

Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
No, that 7 years had to do with Israel because Joseph at that time was in charge of Egypt when his brothers came down there because Egypt had plenty because of Joseph....It was all to save G-d's chosen people...Not the whole world...
::Sigh::

Old 06-30-2016, 04:14 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm afraid you're about to receive a rep point from Vizio. He loves to tell me that I worship the "wrong" Jesus, just because I see Him differently than he (Viz) does.

Of course there are those whose reality include the ONLY Jesus. It would be impossible for some to see beyond the Jesus in a box and acknowledge Jesus as a way of life and not a preconceived one-dimensional idol created between the covers of an ancient book.

Old 06-30-2016, 06:02 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
When Christ's name is used, we must ask which Jesus are they making reference to?

The American society increasingly is made up of people who want a God who is diametrically opposed to the Christ who is described in scripture – A Christ who gave up the wealth, power and prestige that was rightly His and, as it says in Philippians chapter two, humbled Himself, making Himself of no reputation, taking on the status of a slave and being willing to endure the degradation of crucifixion. With a people who put wealth, power and prestige at the top of their list of aspirations, their God is likely to embody those traits instead of what we find in Jesus.

Paul warned us about the possibility of Christians turning from the real Jesus and worshipping “another Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:4).
I absolutely agree that we must ask "Which Jesus". Many people on here are willing to claim that anyone that mentions Jesus' name is a Christian. But WHICH Jesus is important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity