Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 11:47 AM

23,174 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
How sin separates us from God

And I do believe it does in the following way: it is not that God is hiding himself from man, rather it is man who hides himself from God.

God came looking in the garden amongst the trees for Adam, Adam hides amongst the trees and God says,'' Where are you Adam?''

God puts the Earth in Man's hands.

Man comes to the garden looking for God amongst the trees and they say,'' Where are you God?''

HERE I AM, ''says he.''

Man falls on the ground in terrible horror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 11:54 AM

23,174 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall. be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! Matthew 6:23 -

And isn't that the truth! If I think the light says that God is against sinners, and go around teaching that that is the gospel, then I am spreading darkness and thinking it is light. This happens all the time. God is against SIN not sinners. Why? Because SIN is the very thing that is destroying us and the world.

Your right eye sees what it wants in it's selfish and vain imaginations and it whispers saying,'' Let us partake and do this thing.''

The left eye is where the guiding spirit of man resides, Adam was in the left eye of Eve and he was to be the guiding spirit against the right eye. The right eye sees what it wants and the left eye says,'' No, Let's not do that thing, it is sin.''

There you are in the middle like a priest standing between God and flesh and only you can decide. If your right eye is full of darkness it's because you are always looking for darkness, looking to run toward sin. Better to remove your right eye than the whole being cast away.

It's funny cause if God comes and puts out your right eye and then withers your right arm, then God has just saved you.

That's why the kingdom of heaven is a prophet, a priest, and a king.

Elijah
Moses
Jesus

Old 07-03-2016, 01:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Read what I said again. Jesus was talking about where we see and think from. We think and see from an evil eye or a single one. One is from lack and one is from abundance, one is heavenly the other earthly. He was basically saying all heaven is ours, so set your eye upon that and your whole body will be full of light. If not carry on thinking from lack and limitation and your eye will remain evil. He's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness, the lord is my shepherd, therefore I shall not lack. The stinginess you refer to reveals where we see and think from.
No, Paul...You are way over spiritualizing it because that is the way you want to see it...It is simply talking about chasing after riches and being selfish vs generous...

Old 07-03-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
We have done this before Richard. You are thinking like all carnal minded Jews do and completely missing the lesson that Jesus is teaching...... Where we think and see from is where our treasure or lack of it is So, Jesus was referring to heavenly things. Does it really need a gentile to explain this to Jew ? I'm afraid so

Richard where we see and think from determines the condition of our eye. It's that simple. If we think from lack and limitation due to belief in separation from God we will be stingy, if we think from our true identity in Christ we will be nothing other than generous
Sure, go ahead and redefine the meaning of Jewish idioms...Tell us we don't understand our own religion...Christians are so original that they had to steal our Mashiach and turn him into something that he's not...

Old 07-03-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
pcamps: "thinking lie all carnal minded Jews do". Wow! What an incredibly offensive statement!
Yea, pretty much...

Old 07-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I know without doubt there are spiritually minded Jews, just like there are spiritually minded Gentiles , actually many of them. So I am not tarring all with the same brush. I'm sure there are spiritually minded Muslims too, does that offend you ?.
No, what I think offend him is your attempt at tearing down and anihilating the Jews and Judaism by your claim that we are carnal and not spiritual...G-d expects one to improve themselves in this life...Seeing things from a purely spiritual aspect seems to give you free license...

Old 07-03-2016, 01:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Thanks It weirded me out when I saw people who claimed to be Christian talking about a God that didn't intend on destroying anyone. I had to see what that was all about.
Knowledge is always good, the willingness to know what it is all about speaks courage---always a pleasure to read your posts and sharing of your thought!!!

Old 07-03-2016, 01:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, what I think offend him is your attempt at tearing down and anihilating the Jews and Judaism by your claim that we are carnal and not spiritual...G-d expects one to improve themselves in this life...Seeing things from a purely spiritual aspect seems to give you free license...
Some of you are Richard, possibly many of you are, why does this offend you?. You may understand your own religion like Christianity understands it's own, that does not mean you understand God. You generally have to leave your own religion to have a chance of understanding God

Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Some of you are Richard, possibly many of you are, why does this offend you?. You may understand your own religion like Christianity understands it's own, that does not mean you understand God. You generally have to leave your own religion to have a chance of understanding God

Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
You must have done something really screwed up in life in order to put you on this track of making up your own god...

Old 07-03-2016, 01:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You must have done something really screwed up in life in order to put you on this track of making up your own god...
Maybe I took a leaf out of the book of you folk when Moses spent just a little longer up that mountain than you boys wanted.

Jesus himself said it's very nice that you believe in God but also believe him. Believe him about what ? The true identity of the God most of the Jews did not know. Have I been so long with you that you don't know me ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity