Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:14 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjhorer View Post
Of course No.
I am not LGBT.
Sorry guys.....
https://youtu.be/Mhev_TsgOBw?t=43s

"I did hope, I did desperately hope that you would all be gay, all my boys."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No, I mean it is Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered, thus LGBT.

There is no Q. I am surprised Mr. Trump got away with saying it this way.
Here's what I read, MissH:

The “Q” can stand for Questioning and/or q*eer: Questioning refers to individuals who are unsure of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Q*eer is an umbrella term encompassing a variety of sexual orientations and gender identities excluding heterosexuality. Rainbow Welcome Initiative - F.A.Q.

Rainbow Welcome Initiative - F.A.Q.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
The minister in the OP wrote:
Quote:
Your gender identity and sexual orientation are not flaws or moral defects. They are not signs that you are damaged and to be repaired. Your intelligence and character, your humor and capacity to love, your gifts and passions, your goodness and humanity all comprise the sum total of who you are and it is a thing of beauty.

You don’t need fixing.
I would say God thinks differently.

"Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among
themselves,
those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature
rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen! Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions.
For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature. Likewise also the males, besides,
leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting
indecency
, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be. And according as they do
not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting,
(Rom 1:24-28)

So the LGBT/gay community need not be coddled by the Christian community. They need educated and loved, that's for sure. They don't need to be condemned. But for the pastor to say their sexual orientation "are not flaws or moral defects" is actually incorrect.
God gave them over to that lifestyle to correct their thinking. It is indecent and it is leaving the natural use to do that which is not natural.

If God didn't do this it would be proof He didn't love them. Because He dearly loves them, He disciplines them just as He disciplines us too.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you still sin you are not saved from your sins... What you really mean is because you believe in Jesus you are saved from eternal hell...Correct? For how can you claim to be saved from something you still yield too?.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is about the process of being saved on a daily basis. One can be saved from doing harmful things in this life. BTW, there is no "eternal hell" to begin with so how can one be saved from something which doesn't exist?

One can be saved for the future such as to be saved from dying and sin when we, in the future, put on immortality and incorruption.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:15 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

"Wherefore God gives them over, in the lusts of their hearts, to the uncleanness of dishonoring their bodies among
themselves,
those who alter the truth of God into the lie, and are venerated, and offer divine service to the creature
rather than the Creator, Who is blessed for the eons! Amen! Therefore God gives them over to dishonorable passions.
For their females, besides, alter the natural use into that which is beside nature. Likewise also the males, besides,
leaving the natural use of the female, were inflamed in their craving for one another, males with males effecting
indecency
, and getting back in themselves the retribution of their deception which must be. And according as they do
not test God, to have Him in recognition, God gives them over to a disqualified mind, to do that which is not befitting,

So the LGBT/gay community need not be coddled by the Christian community. They need educated and loved, that's for sure. They don't need to be condemned. But for the pastor to say their sexual orientation "are not flaws or moral defects" is actually incorrect.
God gave them over to that lifestyle to correct their thinking. It is indecent and it is leaving the natural use to do that which is not natural.

If God didn't do this it would be proof He didn't love them. Because He dearly loves them, He disciplines them just as He disciplines us too.
I wasn't 'given over' to anything. I was born trans, I was also born bi. What is it exactly that I'm doing that isn't natural? Yes, I do have a hole card, I'm just waiting for you to play yours

Old 07-23-2016, 06:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:

themselves,
indecency

You forgot a few verses. I'll put those in now.

Romans 1:21-32

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

I want you to look at the part in bold. I don't know any LGBTQ Christians who worship images of human beings, birds, animals and reptiles. Because we don't, we worship God. Verses 21-23 are talking about the same people being talked about in verses 24-32

What I love about Romans 1, is how it sets up Romans 2.

Romans 2:1-4

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? 4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?

Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 AM

An interesting article on the Romans 1 & 2 passage:

A clobber passage

Quote:
Porter’s argument (which he thoroughly supports with rhetorical models from antiquity) makes much more sense: that the arguments present in the last half of Romans 1 were typical of those made by Hellenistic Jews to distinguish themselves from the Gentiles (thus the repeated use of “they” as noted before), and Paul, as an apostle to the Gentiles, finds this condemnation problematic and thus seeks to refute it, leading up ultimately to his similar conclusion in Romans 14:13, using strikingly similar language to that in 2:1: “Let us therefore no longer pass judgment on one another, but resolve instead never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another.”

Paul goes on to offer advice on healing the rifts between Jew and Gentile, so Porter’s reading is compelling, and certainly the best I’ve seen for answering the question of who’s being addressed in 2:1
He concludes that it "should in the very least [be] clear that it’s not all that clear", so using this passage as an anti-gay "clobber passage" is disingenuous.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is about the process of being saved on a daily basis. One can be saved from doing harmful things in this life. BTW, there is no "eternal hell" to begin with so how can one be saved from something which doesn't exist?

One can be saved for the future such as to be saved from dying and sin when we, in the future, put on immortality and incorruption.
So if you are in the process of being saved because you still sin, it really is no business of ours to poke our nose in the affairs of others like we are authorized not only to point out what we conclude to be sin, but act like don't. Didn't Paul say you who condemn others for missing the mark do the very same thing, and this too I believe is why Jesus rebuked the fundies at the mount of olives for condemning adulterers..... It was like if you want to go the self righteous way I will raise the bar to show you are just the same as those you condemn.... Just like he sent the stone throwers away with the woman caught in adultery. I will stand in the corner of those called sinners and in their defense without a second thought when they come under attack from fundamentalists.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Here's what I read, MissH:

The “Q” can stand for Questioning and/or q*eer: Questioning refers to individuals who are unsure of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity. Q*eer is an umbrella term encompassing a variety of sexual orientations and gender identities excluding heterosexuality. Rainbow Welcome Initiative - F.A.Q.

Rainbow Welcome Initiative - F.A.Q.
Well, I'll be....when the heck did THIS happen! ? "Questioning", eh?
Thanks, Pleroo!

Then there is QIPA? Also!....great link.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:34 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This thread is about LGBTQ....not sinners.
I love my big sister Dew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity