Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 10:33 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Internal inconsistency?
How is it internally inconsistent? Be specific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 11:32 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
The Holy Spirit is the Christians only teacher since Jesus was resurrected and ascended into heaven. The reason Christians disagree on some things is because we have become dull of hearing(Heb 5:11) and sometimes we have accepted what man says without verifying it from Gods word.

However, conservative Christians will agree 100% on the basics, make that on the fundamentals
The verification should ALWAYS be the Spirit known by the characteristics Jesus taught. It is far too easy to be misled bythe Bible as thousands of different denominations claiming its authority demonstrate.

Old 08-19-2016, 03:01 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Comments????Apology??? How do you reconcile your view with the New Covenant wherein Christ abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT the Bible????

Hebrews 8:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Quote:
What is writtne in our hearts is the same thing tht God had written in the Bib le.
No it is NOT! What is "written in our hearts" is compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, but not everything in the Bible IS compatible. Those who do not even KNOW the characteristics of the Holy Spirit are the only ones who are confused about that.
Quote:
IMO "after those day" refers to when this worls ends and those in heaven will not need to be taught.
[/b]
Ridiculous. Jesus instituted the New Covenant with His death on the Cross. No wonder you are confused, you are still operating under the Old Covenant. Sad.
Quote:
The Holy Spirit is the Christians only teacher since Jesus was resurrected and ascended into heaven. The reason Christians disagree on some things is because we have become dull of hearing(Heb 5:11) and sometimes we have accepted what man says without verifying it from Gods word.
The Holy Spirit of agape abides with us in our consciousness as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT "written in ink" in the Bible! You test nothing against the Holy Spirit of agape because you don't even know what its characteristics ARE. You blindly accept everything without testing its Spirit.
Quote:
However, conservative Christians will agree 100% on the basics, make that on the fundamentals
Actually, the majority Christian churches are anti-Christ apostate as prophesied for these latter days.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:42 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
What is writtne in our hearts is the same thing tht God had written in the Bib le.

IMO "after those day" refers to when this worls ends and those in heaven will not need to be taught.
[/b]

My heart has NO ROOM for VENGEANCE, HATE, OPPRESSION, JEALOUSY, MURDER, GUILT, ADULTERY, INCEST, and all the other LIES MEN have written about the GOD I know.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The verification should ALWAYS be the Spirit known by the characteristics Jesus taught. It is far too easy to be misled bythe Bible as thousands of different denominations claiming its authority demonstrate.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My heart has NO ROOM for VENGEANCE, HATE, OPPRESSION, JEALOUSY, MURDER, GUILT, ADULTERY, INCEST, and all the other LIES MEN have written about the GOD I know.
How much more your Heavenly Father?.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How much more your Heavenly Father?.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
God gave us the Bible to show us how to judge right and wrong, and how to treat other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You don't need a Bible for that!
Quote:
Yes we do. If compared our beliefs, we will find that some of yours disagree with what God says.

If you disagree with what is in the Bible, who is right, you or God?
It's man that is in a state of disagreement, when you compare their beliefs and interpretations.
My advice, do not eat "aged" yellow snow or believe everything that man has written or thought.

I have never needed the Bible to tell me what is right or wrong; and what is loving or not.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:02 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Yes we do. If compared our beliefs, we will find that some of yours disagree with what God says.

If you disagree with what is in the Bible, who is right, you or God?
When liberals use the Bible, it's God word. When anyone else uses it, it suddenly becomes "that book" or "your book" or ancient myth or my favorite one, "that's your interpretation".

Old 08-19-2016, 06:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
When liberals use the Bible, it's God word. When anyone else uses it, it suddenly becomes "that book" or "your book" or ancient myth or my favorite one, "that's your interpretation".
Because some people - thankfully by far the majority - can separate the wheat from the biblical chaff.

And then there's you and the other fundies - who swallow the whole enchilada because you don't have what it takes to parse allegory from metaphor, to separate truth from myth, sense from nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity