Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 10:09 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,998,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Internal inconsistency?
How is asking a question internal inconsistency? Let me hel you with that one---IT ISN'T
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No it is NOT! What is "written in our hearts" is compatible with the Holy Spirit of agape as revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus, but not everything in the Bible IS compatible.
What in the Bib le is not compatible?

Quote:
Those who do not even KNOW the characteristics of the Holy Spirit are the only ones who are confused about that.
Where can they find the characteristics of the Holy Spirit?

Quote:
Ridiculous. Jesus instituted the New Covenant with His death on the Cross. No wonder you are confused, you are still operating under the Old Covenant.
If you think I am operating under the old covenant, you are the one confused.

Quote:
The Holy Spirit of agape abides with us in our consciousness as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," NOT "written in ink" in the Bible!
Why do you think I disagree with that?

Quote:
You test nothing against the Holy Spirit of agape because you don't even know what its characteristics ARE.
I know them as well as you do, maybe better.

Quote:
You blindly accept everything without testing its Spirit.
How do you know? Let me guess. If Mystic disagrees with what I say, then I have not tested against the Holy Spirit. How self serving. You tell me something I have not tested by the Holy Spirit, not "its spirit,"

Quote:
Actually, the majority Christian churches are anti-Christ apostate as prophesied for these latter days.
What is your source for that statement? l I don' think you have one. You just made it up.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
My heart has NO ROOM for VENGEANCE, HATE, OPPRESSION, JEALOUSY, MURDER, GUILT, ADULTERY, INCEST, and all the other LIES MEN have written about the GOD I know.
What makes you think those things are written on the hearts of Christians?

Old 08-20-2016, 10:31 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,395,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Doing the right thing and keeping the law doesn't result in salvation.
Of course not, you can murder your neighbor, than ask for forgiveness, right?

Old 08-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's man that is in a state of disagreement, when you compare their beliefs and interpretations.
My advice, do not eat "aged" yellow snow or believe everything that man has written or thought.

I have never needed the Bible to tell me what is right or wrong; and what is loving or not.
is abortion right?

Is homosexual acts right?

Is sex between unmarried people right?

Is it right to fudge on your income tax forms?

It is easy to know right from wrong when you make up your own rules, and I doubt if you keep your own rules 100%.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:
Who is not relying on the Holy Spirit? Is it those who disagree with your interpretations?
It is those who START with the words written instead of the Spirit and the known characteristics of the Spirit, trying to figure out what the words MEAN rather than knowing what the Spirit is saying.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
God gave us the Bible to show us how to judge right and wrong, and how to treat other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You don't need a Bible for that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Come on! How would people even know that they were supposed to choose right over wrong if there were no Bible?

If not for the Bible, things like murder would be socially acceptable. How would you like living in a society where murder is considered to be reasonable behavior?
Quote:
Bullseye Ozzy
I believe he was being facetious or a tad bit sarcastic.
A civil Society does not condone murder or rape.

And you don't have to marry the rapist?

Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,939,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Come on! How would people even know that they were supposed to choose right over wrong if there were no Bible?

If not for the Bible, things like murder would be socially acceptable. How would you like living in a society where murder is considered to be reasonable behavior?
Quote:
Bullseye Ozzy
Is there an icon for irony zipping over someone's head?

Old 08-20-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
is abortion right?
Is homosexual acts right?
Is sex between unmarried people right?
Is it right to fudge on your income tax forms?

It is easy to know right from wrong when you make up your own rules, and I doubt if you keep your own rules 100%.
Man has always made rules to govern a civil society.
Often times, the rules change for various reasons.

And each of those topics are debatable.
When you remove the veil of ignorance.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote=Wardendresden;45195150]No truer words ever posted. [/quote]

Let me try this for truer words---secular fundies are not capable of understanding he Bible, so all they do is insult those who can.

Quote:
And it's even worse. THEY WON'T STUDY TO SHOW THEMSELVES APPROVED UNTO GOD, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH.
No Untruer words were ever posted. What makes a fundy is studying the Bible so we can rightly divide the word of Truth. It's really amusing that secular fundies use words and phrases the Bible which they do not accept a true. Does anyone see the irony in that?

Quote:
In fact, they not only eschew intellectual study of Scripture, they pull verses out of context, not knowing what they meant then to those who wrote and read them, and use those verses to justify their intellectual laziness.
More usual secular fundy blatgher for which they have no evidence.

Quote:
They don't believe Proverbs 4:7--
If they are a fundy they do. If they don't they are not a fundy.

Quote:
"The beginning of wisdom is: Acquire wisdom; And with all your acquiring, get understanding."

From where do you acquire yur wisdom and understanding? your

Quote:
They neither have wisdom nor understanding because of wallowing and glorifying ignorance.
Your main problem is you are ignorant of what a fundy really is. This makes you insult them causing to glorify in yur secular ignorance.

Quote:
Instead they are like the writer of Ecclesiastes who wrote just the opposite:
Ecclesiastes 1:16-18
DUUH

Quote:
In other words, they haven't the WISDOM to understand God's situational ethics.
God does not have situational ethics. Only secular fundies do.

Quote:
"Truth" applies in some situations, but in others NEW "truths" must be discovered. What that means is that everything is not cut and dried--some of it hangs in the air and is subject to the "situation" that then exists.
He is the bottom line of secular fundies. I, not God, will determine right from wrong.

[quote]And if there is anything more unsettling to fearful fundamentalists than uncertainty about any situation, I don't know what it is. Count on all the scared people to vote for someone who seems completely certain (if maniacal) Donnie Trump. <<

Again, as usual, you show your ignorance of fundamentalism. We are sure because we know God and He has promised to be with us forever. I would rather vote for Trump than for a compulsive liar.

Quote:
To live with uncertainty is to live with faith!
More secular nonsense. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world. It is not uncertain, God make it certain.

People like you remind me of those who dislike blacks. They have to put others down so they will feel superior to someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity