Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 04:56 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
How silly. It seem you just like to make up things you HOPE will show us in a bad light. I have been in forums like this for over 30 years,and have been told that 100's of times. I always ask them prove it.

If you know the definition if a fundamentalist, you would know that Bunyan was a fundie.

Anyone with that theology is a fundie. I am starting to think you are a closet fundie.
Bunyan was a believer not a fundy.His best writing was the Pharisee and the publican. While in the slammer he was not crying like a big baby because of whatever he was called, Moderator cut: deleted
On another note, can you learn how to correct the mess you are making with your posts.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-18-2016 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 04:58 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,998,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If one does something worthy of your god's hell and does not know it, either your god is a sinister manipulator setting people up intentionally by not alerting the one or the one who is on the hell bound train knows that and has decided to test the waters--besides, somewhere along the line we all know right from wrong and good from bad.....

What is your hell bound deed may not be my hell bound deed. I have your bible book of myths and can pull scripture to prove abortion is acceptable (and that your god sanctioned abortion) while you claim to have scripture (some of it the same scripture I use to support abortion) that makes abortion a free trip to your god's hell.

The same with providing for the poor---I can use your scripture to prove taking care of the poor is EVERYONE's concern--including government---and you will use scripture from the same book to support letting the poor fend for themselves and forcing the poor to beg the church for assistance.

It goes on, as I see scripture one way and you see it another--YET YOU INSIST ONLY YOUR VIEW IS RIGHT---and I say it is probably wrong--BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW IS YOU HAVE ZERO, ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO IMPOSE YOUR god's LAW ON ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR CLAN.....

This is where the fight is, this is where the war will be fought--this is the sword Christ spoke of...the attempts by evangelicals to impose sharia law on the masses will be met with resistance.

Your (evangelicals)cry of persecution and religious FREEDOM will NEVER include the right to force the church's interpretation o n society and impose your point of view on the masses--this is a removal of FREE WILL and if the God I know had wanted that, why in the hell are we here? The God I know could have just created a million clowns, er I mean clones and lackeys to do exactly as God willed--instead the God I know gave US the ability to choose and the RIGHT to refuse--all he preaching in heaven and on earth will NEVER change a person's thought or heart--what changes our HEART is watching, learning and WITNESSING others who are fighting to change this nasty ugly world one act at a time---when others see BENEVOLENCE in action, they are far more likely to REPEAT that themselves.

The church has become its own worse enemy by allowing GENOCIDE, SLAVERY (just the other day an evangelical poster said slavery was their god's will and therefore it was good), that when children are shot 5--10 times by an assault rifle it was their god's will to prevent that child from "sinning" in later life and going to your god's hell..allowing the KKK to run rampant with the cross, blowing up women's heath clinics and killing innocent people and most just by saying they (the church) celebrates the DEATHS of those they do not like and want to use as a divisor between the church and its members.
When the church endorses those who talk stupid about building walls, hating the black man in office, stripping children of education and FOOD, killing people by eliminating HEALTH CARE and saying FREE COLLEGE is unattainable simply to prevent EVERYONE (read as MINORITIES) from accessing college...
When one says I BELIEVE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO THE BEST EDUCATION YOU CAN AFFORD...the church has gone down the crapper by not fighting for a FREE and APPROPRIATE PUBLIC EDUCATION for all of God's children--

So do not bother telling some poor marginalized person they are going top hell--FEED THEM, CLOTH THEM, EDUCATE THEM, HEAL THEM, COMFORT THEM, this way they will understand LOVE--FEAR is never going to change a person other that to make them do whatever is necessary to AVOID that which they fear.

And while I am on the RANT--If you want to convert people and save them from your god's hell--TAKE TO THE STREETS WHERE THE UBER RICH AND WEALTHY LIVE AND PREACH THAT MESSAGE--THEY ARE THE ONES IN NEED OF SALVATION--THEY ARE THE ONES DOING EVERYTHING YOUR GOD ABHORS AND FIND TO BE ABOMINABLE---THE REST OF US ARE DOING OUR BEST TO SURVIVE ON THIS NASTY UGLY PLANET AND DOING IT WITH LOVE TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY..
This post has some good thoughts but I am not going to respond to the until you answer my question.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:58 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,641,073 times
i think "Christians" ends up being an artificial definition that no one agrees upon the definition of

Old 09-18-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Answer my question and I will answer yours---If i can go to hell and you don' tell me, and I go to hell, who is responsible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It would be silly if there was verses that said we are saved from eternal hell. It's kind of funny too that Paul labored and suffered reproach for this, but fundamentalists labor vehemently against it. Not only that, you are disobedient to Paul's admonish to teach it. I wonder why when they have no clear cut scripture that states Jesus Christ saved us from eternal hell?.
I'm still waiting.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Bunyan was a believer not a fundy.His best writing was the Pharisee and the publican. While in the slammer he was not crying like a big baby because of whatever he was called, Moderator cut: orphaned
His best writing was "Pilgrims Progress" and the theology in that book definitely makes him a fundy.

Why do you keep making things up? It makes you look foolish. No one in this forum can make me doubt my beliefs. Especially those with there own man-made theology . When my beliefs are questioned, I ALWAYS point to Scripture that reinforces my beliefs. It is folks like you whose theology is not based on Scripture who are an embarrassment to true Christians. Even when you quote Scripture , you don't understand it. You didn't even know that little ditty you posed would make anyo9nw who accepted it a fundie. That is because you don't have a clue about what a fundamentalist is.

Quote:
On another note, can you learn how to correct the mess you are making with your posts.
I am really sorry about that. In another forum I am in we put quotes like this >>----<<

Sometimes I get in a hurry and use the wrong format.

Last edited by june 7th; 09-18-2016 at 05:28 PM..

Old 09-18-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting.
Me too

Old 09-18-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting.
I have answered your question, now keep your word.

Quote:
I would if it existed and I knew it existed, but it doesn't. Now answer my question . Thank you

Old 09-18-2016, 07:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems some people just can't contain the hatred.

The new tactic seems to be to spit people on the face, and if they react, then insult then further by calling them names and making other disparaging remarks.

Keep at it pcamps. Put your fruit where people can see it.
Still afraid to peek in the mirror, eh?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems some people just can't contain the hatred.

The new tactic is to spit people on the face, and if they react, then insult then further by calling them names and making other disparaging remarks.

Keep at it pcamps. Put your fruit where people can see it.
Let me tell you this as well Finlay, there is nothing i hate in life other than turnips, other than that i never ever say i hate anything or anyone.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Still afraid to peek in the mirror, eh?
Finger waggers never look in the mirror.

That would take precious time away from tsk-tsking and telling everyone else how awful they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity