Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 09:42 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Yes; so they have revealed their true heart, regardless of what they call themselves, and they are amply warned in Scripture; "many will cry 'Lord, Lord.'"
i notice those types always seem to object to quotes from Christ being given the same or more weight than Pauline doctrines, that is usually a tell for me.
I have found that it is the secular fundies who object to quotes from the Bible, as we have seen in this thread.

Have you forgotten that Jesus was a brown person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 09:43 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
You will know them by their fruit is a doctrine.
well, now we are going to embark upon a semantics discussion, i think; it is also just a quote, for reflection.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Those who say their neighbors are ONLY fellow evangelicals and ALL those who are not of the same covenant are left out..
It is amusing that you secular fundied loVe to makes up stuff foe which you have no evidence, but you like the evo fundies Don't have any evidence to support you silly OPINIONS

Quote:
Can we define neighbor--ONE MORE?
Why don't you define it for us.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
I have found that it is the secular fundies who object to quotes from the Bible, as we have seen in this thread.

Have you forgotten that Jesus was a brown person?
well, likely no one appreciates the Bible being quoted at them, as a refutation. And who is not yet aware that anything one can "prove" with some Scripture can be disproven by some other passage? I think what was meant @ "brown person" was "someone different from you, who does not believe exactly what you believe." And Christ surely fits that description, for everyone! If Christ is an easy assimilation for one, they likely have not assimilated Christ yet, imo.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
well, isee it lots of places--just finished a...discussion with an OP "elder" who insists "All Muslims Are Lost," and of course vehemently denies any connection to drone-bombing them. Come to find out, according to them, All Catholics Are Lost, and i guess even All Trinnies Are Lost, etc. I mean gimme a break it is a virtual Western Christian mantra.
By the Biblical standard, they are. However we NEVER say all Catholics are lost.

Of course with your great wisdom, I sure you show what he Bibles says is wrong, right?

Who is lost and who is not,is only a Christian standard because that is what God says. It is His standard, not ours.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
right ok, so no one who considers themselves Christian has ever prayed a simile of the Pharisee's prayer?
There are over 2 billion Christians, so I am sure someone (or many) has done it. Some Christians have done awful things, even murder.

Quote:
Of course they might piously admit to being a sinner if pressed, but there are many who presume to be priests for others imo.
No, you don't have to press them, they are typically the first to admit it. Claiming to be sinless is a weird argument, and to make such claim creates a contradiction with the faith they claim to follow.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Those who say their neighbors are ONLY fellow evangelicals and ALL those who are not of the same covenant are left out..
of course they are legion, and i have evidence from evangelical "elders" that directly assumes this perspective. It is how drone-bombing "lost" Muslims is justified.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are over 2 billion Christians, so I am sure someone (or many) has done it. Some Christians have done awful things, even murder.
this is a different subject, imo, from that one concerning religious leaders who have assumed the place of the Pharisee but cannot admit to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you don't have to press them, they are typically the first to admit it. Claiming to be sinless is a weird argument, and to make such claim creates a contradiction with the faith they claim to follow.
nonetheless vast swaths of people ordained as "pastor" by some body or other can confidently proclaim that "All ______ are lost," essentially restating the Pharisee's prayer, and ignoring all of the Scripture that would indicate to them that they do not know. And they teach this as well. This is the heart of Western Christianity, even if it is not yours (amen). I have examples on tap. They are referred to as "elder."

Old 09-19-2016, 09:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
nonetheless vast swaths of people ordained as "pastor" by some body or other can confidently proclaim that "All ______ are lost," essentially restating the Pharisee's prayer, and ignoring all of the Scripture that would indicate to them that they do not know. And they teach this as well. This is the heart of Western Christianity, even if it is not yours. I have examples on tap.
Maybe I'll agree once I hear someone say it. I'll let you know if that ever happens.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Where do you live?

I said "sometimes". I know many "christians" that hate brown people and are very verbal about it.

I know, not true xians
If they hate brown people they are not Christians.

If you want to be able to judge who is a true Christian, go to a conservative church and learn, instead of posting things for which you have no true knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity