Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 02:44 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I would believe the same way except for one calculation I read:

And each human body of the roughly 7 billion people on earth have roughly 100 trillion cells per body. Now here's the corker: every atom has to be arranged precisely correctly in order to have a correctly functioning cell. We're talking a number than even the universe cannot contain. And the evolutionists say all that happened by random chance.

I say, "No way!"
But that's the fallacy of the ages, right? "We don't understand X, therefore God/Allah/Thor/Ra is the explanation."

There's plenty we don't know. How is the unknown evidence for deities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 02:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Ache, really ache to hear His voice, and He will speak to you.
Oh....a girl after my own heart!

As I have always said....Love is the bait, it is the only sacred lure...
God can not stay away. It is not in His power....your heart
will be a magnet; He must come.

How to really, deeply, practically, profoundly, love this Eternal Spirit, Creator of Universes?
You must know Him. Can't love something, anything, you don't know...
otherwise it is like loving a photo of a baby or a puppy...it isn't a practical application.

Start with just relaxing and in silence, open your awareness...expanding it to feel
His Divine Presence.
It's a start...just the first step...but, so significant.
Remembering how often Jesus went off alone in solitude.
Now, he knew his Father!!!!

Who am I talking to? I dunno ...just if someone is interested in how I do it.
Works for me.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
God is more than willing to have a conversation.
God does not like being contained in an ancient book.
The idea that God only speaks within the pages of a book defies logic.
:applause: emoticom

"BE STILL.
BE QUIET.
LISTEN"

Ha, remember the last supper...after all those YEARS and still Jesus said,
There are many things I want to tell you but you can not bear it (grasp it).
John 16:12

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-15-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
That is not for you to say, or assume. That only applies to you.
LOL! That's your rebuttal? Your debate skills are profound!

Quote:
You claim to believe in the Bible wholeheartedly, yet you cannot stop sinning.

Jesus wants you to stop sinning yet you cannot seem to manage that one simple thing. All that Bible belief gets you nowhere since you cannot put anything you read into action.
Folks, this is what liberals do when they have no viable argument-attack the other person.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Naturally your view of "who God is" is the correct one. Other views of God are obviously incorrect.

And naturally your interpretation of the Bible is the correct one. Other interpretations are obviously misinterpretations.

So if God is real and not imaginary, why is there not universal agreement on his existence and his characteristics?
What we believe about God has nothing to do with the fact that He exists.

People can't even agree on their opinions of people they see regularly. There's no way there will be agreement on someone whom people have not seen.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Folks, this is what liberals do when they have no viable argument-attack the other person.
Actually, as is illustrated by your snide comment about debate skills, the attacks come from both sides

Old 08-15-2016, 05:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:

I guess you have no reply.

Your interpretations of the Bible do not apply to me. And, since you do not live up to the tenants of the book you claim to love, it seems odd that you apply it to me.

You have stated you are a sinner. You believe the Bible wholeheartedly, and claim to live by it. However, you have not taken the lessons, and put them into action. You sin, and continue to sin.

I guess that is what fogies do. You have no answer, and claim you are being attacked. Nothing I have stated is untrue.

Jesus wanted us to stop sinning. By your own admission you have not listened.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I guess you have no reply.

Your interpretations of the Bible do not apply to me. And, since you do not live up to the tenants of the book you claim to love, it seems odd that you apply it to me.

You have stated you are a sinner. You believe the Bible wholeheartedly, and claim to live by it. However, you have not taken the lessons, and put them into action. You sin, and continue to sin.

I guess that is what fogies do. You have no answer, and claim you are being attacked. Nothing I have stated is untrue.

Jesus wanted us to stop sinning. By your own admission you have not listened.
The truth applies to you (and everyone else).

2 Peter 1

20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
The truth applies to you (and everyone else).

2 Peter 1

20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation.

I have a relationship with God. You have a relationship with an ancient book written by men for men.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I have a relationship with God. You have a relationship with an ancient book written by men for men.
The holy scriptures are valuable because they speak of Jesus.

John 5:39

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me. -Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity