Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 02:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,297,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Perhaps I'm wrong...but aren't you the one that claims God and you are old buds? We aren't the ones that are claiming God speaks to us.
That is sadly obvious based on your archaic beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,177,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Since your post is all false, I will let you guess what is irrational.
Prove it is false.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,002,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Actually, I'm all wrong on this. There is no Proof Satan or God exists. I can honestly say I have no proof they don't exist. Can you honestly say you "have" proof they do exist?
I have give you my terms for continuing to discuss things with you. Until you refute the original statements made in this thread or admit you can't ,I am not willing you show you wrong about anything else. Good ole prophecy hat.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I have give you my terms for continuing to discuss things with you. Until you refute the original statements made in this thread or admit you can't ,I am not willing you show you wrong about anything else. Good ole prophecy hat.
I'll take this as you can't defend your book of fairy tales. Btw, you need to make an apology to someone.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Prove it is false.
I have given you my terms for continuing to discuss anything else in this thread with you. Take it or leaved it. It is obvious what you have chosen to do.

Good ole prophecy hat.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I'll take this as you can't defend your book of fairy tales.

I'll take this to mean you can't defend your mocking of the original subject in this thread in this
Quote:
Btw, you need to make an apology to someone.
Who and why?

Old 08-25-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Who and why?
Post #47

Old 08-25-2016, 02:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,269,720 times
Omega = 400+ posts of:

Bible good.

Secular bad.

Old 08-25-2016, 02:58 PM

63,998 posts, read 40,299,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
We aren't the ones that are claiming God speaks to us.
Given that under the New Covenant Christ abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts," why does that absence of communication NOT worry you, Vizio????

Old 08-25-2016, 03:04 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,986,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
First, let’s review what Scripture teaches about Satan
“the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world” (Revelation 12:9)
“there is no truth in him ... he is a liar and the father of it” (John 8:44)
“the whole world lies in the power of the evil one” (1 John 5:19)
“the god of this world” (2 Corinthians 4:4)
“the ruler of this world” (John 12:31)
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks
about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8)

Satan has convinced the church that many Scriptures are NOT true!
Here are Scripture rebuttals to some of Satan’s lies …

LIE: You do NOT need to overcome your sinning
• “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23)
• “For if you live according to the flesh you will die” (Romans 8:13)
• “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he will be
My son. But (… examples of sinners …) and all liars shall have their part in the lake
that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:7-8)
• “For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption,
but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.” (Galatians 6:8)
• “For to be carnally-minded is death, but to be spiritually-minded is life and peace.”
(Romans 8:6)
• “Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown
brings forth death. Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.” (James 1:15-16)
• “reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:7)
Is “ungodly” the right term for believers who sin regularly, or shall we call them “godly”?

LIE: You do NOT need to continue to repent of your sins
• “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness,
but is longsuffering toward us (Christians), not willing that any (of us) should perish
but that all (of us) should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
• “I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first,
for I know it was painful to you for a little while. Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways. It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way.
For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow.” (2 Corinthians 7:8-10, NLT)
• “But IF we walk in the light as He is in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son
cleanses us from all sin … IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us
of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:6--2:1)

LIE: You do NOT need to prove your love of Jesus by obeying His commandments
• “If you love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14:15)
• “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.” (John 14:21)
• “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:23)
• “He who does not love Me does not keep My words …” (John 14:24)
• “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.” (Hebrews 5:9)
• “And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.” (Hebrews 3:18-19)
Yes, “to not obey is to not believe” -- see the examples of not obeying: sinning (3:17), rebelling (3:16), hardening of the heart (3:15), not remaining faithful (3:14),
sinning (3:13), evil heart of unbelief (3:12).

LIE: You do NOT need to maintain righteousness (i.e. practice righteousness)
• “And they (Zach and Liz) were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:6)
Notice above that even people who are NOT born-again can live righteously.
• “… let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous” (1 John 3:7)
• “… you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)
• “… whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him” (Acts 10:35)
• “… (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16)
• “In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
whoever does NOT practice righteousness is NOT of God” (1 John 3:10)
Notice above that “the children of the devil” do NOT practice righteousness!

LIE: You do NOT need to worry about going through the great tribulation
I have an article with 25 verses proving the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine is false.

I am being too gracious, if I give Satan all the credit for the condition of the churches!
For those in charge of the churches have been extremely lax in shepherding God’s sheep.
The reasons for their many failures might be obvious to you.
You forgot:

Quote:
"By the way: there is NO satan" 2 Corinthians 16:25
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity