Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 05:41 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,529,823 times

Advertisements

Since you guys "test" the spirit of all the Bible texts and find it to be not all of God.

Could you do us a favor and list all the bad texts in the Bible?

It would be helpful if we all had some common ground to start our discussions.

So please, someone do this for us "bad guys" that do not know the truth.

Do it because you love us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Since you guys "test" the spirit of all the Bible texts and find it to be not all of God.
It has been done many, many times, cowdog. It is a tedious request that invariably produces the "bashing babies heads against rocks," or gutting "pregnant women with swords," or "slaughtering all the men, women and children except for virgin females to be kept for sex slaves," and the like. This would be a legitimate request ONLY IF you have not read all the barbarity and absurdities in the Bible.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has been done many, many times, cowdog.
Can you point me one time it's been done? That will save a lot of time.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Can you point me one time it's been done? That will save a lot of time.
Are you asking for ALL the instances that violate the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)??? That is a ridiculous request. There are far too many. Test them yourself against the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed, described in detail, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus as agape love. Or is it too much work to actually test what is in the Bible rather than just blindly accept it all???

Old 08-26-2016, 06:29 PM

Much study went into accepting the Bible as the word of God for me.

I'm not going to call you out as a liar here. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt (which I know I will probably regret) and just say I think you have assumed that I blindly accept the Bible. That is not the case at all.

"Are you asking for ALL the instances that violate the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)???"

Yes, you claimed it has been done many times. I'll accept a link. I'm not expecting you to it all. But since it's been done where can I find it?

Old 08-26-2016, 06:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:

You need to narrow the request down to 10 verses or so and even then they probably will not list any. That would expose that they do not understand. Takes God's spirit to understand it.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:43 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,308,360 times
I objected, above all else, to the elitism in the bible presented to me by my brand of Christianity I was raised in. The God sanctioned genocide, rape, slavery was just more too add to the list on why I can't go along with it.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:52 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You need to narrow the request down to 10 verses or so and even then they probably will not list any. That would expose that they do not understand. Takes God's spirit to understand it.
Why of course they won't as like you stated it takes the Holy Spirit to give understanding to know the why's , how come's and so forth .
Besides they have the easy believism mentality all they have to believe is God is love and love neighbor and repent when they don't and to know the truth they would have to make an effort in seeking so that God can lead them to see His whole truth of the why's and how come so that they may believe the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help them God !

Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 PM

15,848 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Why of course they won't as like you stated it takes the Holy Spirit to give understanding to know the why's , how come's and so forth .
Besides they have the easy believism mentality all they have to believe is God is love and love neighbor and repent when they don't and to know the truth they would have to make an effort in seeking so that God can lead them to see His whole truth of the why's and how come so that they may believe the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help them God !
Well, I'm an atheist so no Holy Spirit required. It's your God given (if you like) humanity you should use to determine if something seems wrong with the story. You're right that it is easy peasy. Why should it be hard?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:27 PM

Quote:
It has been done many, many times, cowdog. It is a tedious request that invariably produces the "bashing babies heads against rocks," or gutting "pregnant women with swords," or "slaughtering all the men, women and children except for virgin females to be kept for sex slaves," and the like. This would be a legitimate request ONLY IF you have not read all the barbarity and absurdities in the Bible.
Quote:
Are you asking for ALL the instances that violate the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God)??? That is a ridiculous request. There are far too many. Test them yourself against the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed, described in detail, and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus as agape love. Or is it too much work to actually test what is in the Bible rather than just blindly accept it all???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
What kind of Holy Spirit can allow you to understand that what is in bold in the post above is from God???? Describe this Holy Spirit, Cyber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity