Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Whether God loves us all -- and whether we are all "children of God" are two entirely different propositions.
You were never delegated to act as an intermediary.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 04:10 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

?? - Not sure what that means?? I should know better than bring up the Bible on CD among so many who don't respect Scripture or sound doctrine, but How else is one to know God's truth? (for example, "we are to judge (discern the truth of) all things" - 1 Cor 2:15) --- We are also to "Go unto all nations teaching and baptizing" (Matthew 28:18-20).

Is that acting as an intermediary?

Relative to the claim that "We're all God's children" -- the truth is, "We are adopted as sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (and are not born into this world as sons/daughters of God)

"So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:26-29

"No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also." 1 John 2:23

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children." Romans 8:14-16

"Therefore, Come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” And, “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:17-18

" ...that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him." John 5:23

"Then they asked him, “Where is your father?” “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.” John 8:19

Is repeating what Scripture teaches acting as an intermediary?

Last edited by jghorton; 09-25-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-25-2016, 04:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

Nor was he delegated to decide what is sound doctrine. Don't believe my sound doctrine then you reject the scriptures.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:11 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
When Jesus stipulated when God and Himself would love someone or gave instructions for becoming a child of God He was in so many words saying that not everyone is a child of God or loved by God.

The reason for this thread is to counter those who claim to follow Jesus but disregard His word.

Verses of reference;

"While you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light." John 12:36

"He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him." John 14:21

According to these verses does Jesus love everyone?
Peacegiver, do you have children? If you do, do you only love the ones who never disappoint you? The ones who always behave the way they should? The ones who have never strayed? Do you consider yourself to be a more loving, compassionate parent than your Father in Heaven?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:19 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:

You always seem crystal clear to me Jerwade. I don't get why people say they can't understand you.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:24 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You always seem crystal clear to me Jerwade. I don't get why people say they can't understand you.
It's the italics.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:41 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
lol.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Irony often flies higher than heads.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:52 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte
Then how can a God who says He loves you torture you forever in the fires of hell merely because you were raised in a faith different from His?
A faith different from His? What does that mean? He is the one and only God, our creator.
What evidence shows that your particular god is the "creator" vs. another person's god being the creator?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:58 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Irony often flies higher than heads.
It doesn't work when you do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity