Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're avoiding the issue. You cannot overcome your uber-liberalism. It's like a disease you have. I feel bad for you.
as opposed to ultra conservatism and bigotry?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
You're avoiding the issue. You cannot overcome your uber-liberalism. It's like a disease you have. I feel bad for you.
that's right jimmie. to a degree of course. We are just more honest and open. We walk a narrower path and are easy targets.

for this debate to continue to meet their need to push personal needs and motives that they are forcing on others we can't use science, can't count cost, and can't look at the faces of the accusers.

Jimmie, they can't allow those things because the tide of BS disappears when those things are allowed.

When a flashlight is turned on, we see whats in the room.
so they take/disallow batteries and claim
"see, your light can't work".

But, they are nice people. and we will see if they can't separate this one topic from other topics.

we all have a fatal flaw.
All of us.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:24 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Of course. That's why there is a vetting system in place. The problem is assuming a person wants to do you harm because they belong to a certain group. That is not loving one's neighbor. That is not Christian. It should be the opposite, that you assume they will not do harm. That involves risk, but if you are afraid to take risk, you are not following a Christian path.

I read a good phrase this morning: "Fear is a liar."
Sounds reasonable. Aren't we just trying to upgrade our vetting system?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then you agree both are un-Christian?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:28 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
A boat load of Jewish refugees were denied entry into this country and were returned to Germany and to concentration camps where they were tortured, starved and experimented on. While Christian men did nothing.

Not this time, and never again.

You in fact do not feel bad for me jimmie. We both know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
wrong. evil conservatism is bullships. bigotry is independent of economic solutions. You need us to be bigots or your view losses steam.

some people cannot make a choice without being emotionally attacked to that choice. That choice forces them to assign a value, here, a certain degree of malice to "the other choice". They do this because you have to self justify a choice. They cannot can't walk alone.

That's how it works.

now we can test that claim by making predictions and see if they turn out or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I feel bad for those who have been exposed to her "disease" of compassion and remain immune.
Compassion is a good thing, but the uber-liberal ignore the reality of terrorism.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
A boat load of Jewish refugees were denied entry into this country and were returned to Germany and to concentration camps where they were tortured, starved and experimented on. While Christian men did nothing.

Not this time, and never again.

You in fact do not feel bad for me jimmie. We both know that.
wrong. only you feel that we don't care.

making bullship claims again.

Old 02-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Compassion is a good thing, but the uber-liberal ignore the reality of terrorism.
thats right. its not an all or nothing, black and white affair.

we can only use what we have in front us. "dynamic equilibrium". In the medical field they call it "homeostasis".

The planet is trying to maintain "homeostasis",
how does it do that?

Old 02-04-2017, 09:35 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
wrong. only you feel that we don't care.

making bullship claims again.
That was addressed to jimmie when he said he felt bad for me. It was disingenuous. Jimmie and I both know that.

The statement about Jewish refugees is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity