Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 05:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,624,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
In the land of make believe, I believe in your god, unicorns, rainbows, live free, and save everybody. I especially believe in pushing the belief of passing the problem to the next generation that isn't even born yet. awesome stuff right there.

In the real world, I don't have that much, I pay over 20% of my salary, and I am responsible to the next generation.

I wish I could take the easy, I mean jesus, way out. All buck passing savor and all.

hey, you see where the seal died and the daughter of the enemy general died? She looked 8 or something. same age as my daughter.

Too bad we lost a seal.

Welcome to the big world of paying taxes. Been doing it for decades. You poor poor thing. You have to pay taxes. You own stuff and believe women and children escaping from a lifetime of war want to steal it from you.

You know what is really horrifying? You and terrorists have the exact same beliefs. It lacks empathy.

But, poor you. You have to pay taxes like everyone else..... wahhhhhhh.

Well, that was cathartic. I am already over your pain.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:10 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,608,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Welcome to the big world of paying taxes. Been doing it for decades. You poor poor thing. You have to pay taxes. You own stuff and believe women and children escaping from a lifetime of war want to steal it from you.

You know what is really horrifying? You and terrorists have the exact same beliefs. It lacks empathy.

But, poor you. You have to pay taxes like everyone else..... wahhhhhhh.

Well, that was cathartic. I am already over your pain.
we pay already. you want to take more.
we give already, you think we owe more.
we take responsibility for my actions, you push their resposibility on me too.

The J-easy-us way out. Wish I could do that.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 02-02-2017 at 06:27 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 06:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,224,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post

I think the USA should take in a limited number of refugees, but shouldn't be supporting them with our tax dollars/welfare. They should be able to support themselves here.
The overwhelming majority of refugees (and immigrants) WANT to be able to support themselves. They want to have jobs so they can buy nutritious food and live in a safe place and send their children to school.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:

I happen to believe in helping refugee children and their mothers.

You are afraid. You love stuff.

You think refugee families want to steal from you. You pay taxes.

It must be exhausting. I get it. So, step back, take a breath, and let others carry the load. Throughout history people have born the shame of not lifting a finger. Not this time.

No worries.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,225,811 times
Quote:

Arach, you're a Yank.

You want to talk about taxes and "taking more?"

Talk to me. Talk to any Canadian. We get gouged on booze, gas and virtually everything that passes a cashier's scanner.

Plus municipal and provincial and federal taxes.

But guess what?

We don't do much more about it than grouse mildly at the donut shop while having our coffee.

We know all those taxes are helping Joe down the road who hurt his leg and can't work anymore. And we've all been treated by doctors and hospitals and so have our kids and we've never seen a bill and appreciate that fact very much. And don't mind working and paying so the next person can benefit as well.

Canada has 1/10th the population of the US and a larger land mass. But most of that larger mass is nigh upon the inhospitable Arctic Circle where few but the native-born live. And they are few indeed.

We have accepted 40,000 refugees from Syria over the past year or so compared to the US of A's acceptance of 15,000.

We don't care which, if any, g/God/s they worship. We care that they have skills and energy to offer and want to make a better life for themselves and their families and would be of a net benefit to our country.

We all have roots from somewhere else. Wherever we may sprout, those roots run deep, entangle, and tie us all together.

Only the spiritually myopic can't see beyond their own toes.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:18 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,480,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope this won't be considered too political but I'd like feedback from Christians (and others if they wish) as to whether or not they agree with the Pope.

Reject refugees = Not a Christian
Go, Francis!

Old 02-02-2017, 09:09 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,713,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You cannot call yourself Christian if you believe your stuff is worth more than a child in danger.

There are many American children in danger right here in the USA.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,713,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The overwhelming majority of refugees (and immigrants) WANT to be able to support themselves. They want to have jobs so they can buy nutritious food and live in a safe place and send their children to school.
And that's great, and they should ideally re-locate to a country that is more in align with their religion and culture. It will be very difficult for them to assimilate into American or European cultures. For example, a Muslim man from a traditional Muslim culture might find himself with a woman boss in an American business. How is he going to deal with this? It's not going to be easy if he's always been taught that women are inferior.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:16 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,591,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Arach, you're a Yank.

You want to talk about taxes and "taking more?"

Talk to me. Talk to any Canadian. We get gouged on booze, gas and virtually everything that passes a cashier's scanner.

Plus municipal and provincial and federal taxes.

But guess what?

We don't do much more about it than grouse mildly at the donut shop while having our coffee.

We know all those taxes are helping Joe down the road who hurt his leg and can't work anymore. And we've all been treated by doctors and hospitals and so have our kids and we've never seen a bill and appreciate that fact very much. And don't mind working and paying so the next person can benefit as well.

Canada has 1/10th the population of the US and a larger land mass. But most of that larger mass is nigh upon the inhospitable Arctic Circle where few but the native-born live. And they are few indeed.

We have accepted 40,000 refugees from Syria over the past year or so compared to the US of A's acceptance of 15,000.

We don't care which, if any, g/God/s they worship. We care that they have skills and energy to offer and want to make a better life for themselves and their families and would be of a net benefit to our country.

We all have roots from somewhere else. Wherever we may sprout, those roots run deep, entangle, and tie us all together.

Only the spiritually myopic can't see beyond their own toes.
Hey Trout,

The tax burden in Canada isn't that much greater than the U.S., except for sin taxes (booze, cigs etc.). When I lived in California my income taxes were on par with Ontario. The only saving grace was beer was cheap

Old 02-03-2017, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
There are many American children in danger right here in the USA.
And? Your point? The same men who claim Jesus as their God would protect their stuff over feeding a hungry child in this country. Christian men have a credibility problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity