Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 01:24 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,959,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
and has been pointed out, you also have your's. And it matters to you, and you don't seem to see beyond your own front door. It's why you lock your door at night and you claim personal property rights.

You're a hypocrite to assign this motive others.

Same to you, ya hypocrite.
You seem to confuse protection from thieves with the willingness (or not) to offer help to those in need through government programs when greater need is demonstrated.

It's not an unusual rationalization.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:38 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,635,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My Grandparents came through Ellis Island. None of them were stealing from others.

Other relatives survived concentration camps in Poland. None of them were stealing either. They were human beings. They used their skills to make a life and future for children they would never see grow up and grandchildren they would never know.

My Grandparents and other relatives all believed in God. Some believed in Jesus. Somehow that belief carried them through the worst experiences imaginable.

I see no need for your experiment. We are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants and slaves have built this nation.

It is astonishing to me that any human being, let alone someone who claims to be a pastor, would believe their car is more important than a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles to our borders. A generation of children have known nothing but war and violence.

We will carry the shame of this diaspora. Not now of course. We have our cars to polish.
That's exactly right. My grandparents came too. Nobody paid their way.

Thank you for your support.

You don't need the experiment because it will prove you wrong. We would hate to have facts get in the way of a personal need.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

You don't need the experiment because it will prove you wrong. We would hate to have facts get in the way of a personal need.

The matter of denying refugees has NOTHING to do with who pays for them, this is a red herring used to distract from the fact that you have no case.

BTW, your "experiment" is on the order of other such observations where a conclusion is drawn and a method is devised to make it look good. Now tell me that you did not have pre-conceived conclusions.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I will write an executive order ASAP!!
No, no you won't.

you guys lost.
get over it.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Native American populations descend from three key migrations -
Scientists have found that Native American populations — from Canada to the
southern tip of Chile — arose from at least three migrations, with the majority
descended entirely from a single group of First American migrants that crossed over
through Beringia, a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the
ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago. -
yet I suppose you have no problem with a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles that crossed over through Beringia, (a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago.)
There isn't really an argument that we need to help people. We all agree we should. We all agree that we are indeed one people. But we do have to be honest, I mean at least a little bit. They are not.

The question is really cost. We pay now, we pay a lot. They won't address them taking more because they know the truth.

If we do not put a price on human suffering in terms of money, time, land, and resources we are not being honest.

Trout is the man.

I have been alluding to it this whole time and he was the first to belly up and address it as it really is.

How much do they want to take from others to fill the void in their gizzards?

They can't answer because their solution is not real.
We don't have gizzards.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:10 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,630,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
and has been pointed out, you also have your's. And it matters to you, and you don't seem to see beyond your own front door. It's why you lock your door at night and you claim personal property rights.

You're a hypocrite to assign this motive others.

Same to you, ya hypocrite.
I have things. If someone takes them I am insured. I do not worry that a refugee will take anything I own.

Stuff is easily replaceable. I cannot replace a child who dies on the beach as a refugee. I cannot replace parents who have died trying to give their children a better life.

You worry about stuff. I worry about people. Locking my doors does not keep me safe. Locking your doors does not keep you safe either.

Your hypocracy is rather glaring. Especially when considering your claim of being a man of faith.

History has shown many men of faith such as yourself do not take the lead when their brothers and sisters are being harmed. Like you, they were afraid.

Some men of faith have learned the lesson of those times. These men stand. They take risks. Their faith does not allow them to remain behind locked doors while their brothers and sisters are in need.

These are the men who have taken the teaching of Jesus and put them into action. Jesus did not hide.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,743,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Be careful for what you wish for:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-arti...ican-migration

Native American populations descend from three key migrations -
Scientists have found that Native American populations — from Canada to the
southern tip of Chile — arose from at least three migrations, with the majority
descended entirely from a single group of First American migrants that crossed over
through Beringia, a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the
ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago. -
so once again bigotry ignores the truth .... nobody is original to this continent.
the land is whoever God gave it to not whoever thinks they have the biggest stick.
no the Biggest stick will just take the best with Him and burn the rest. He won't even have to fight anyone for whats left. what little is left no one will want it anyway. at least no one will want it for a hundred years or more and that will out live all of you guys. did you you know it is a lot easier to to move mountains when the windows of heaven are opened? and "they can leap around likes lambs on a milk " I think that is how Enoch says it .

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The matter of denying refugees has NOTHING to do with who pays for them, this is a red herring used to distract from the fact that you have no case.

BTW, your "experiment" is on the order of other such observations where a conclusion is drawn and a method is devised to make it look good. Now tell me that you did not have pre-conceived conclusions.
no more than you do.

we tried your way since the 1970's; No limit on what we take. I was even ok with trying, it seemed like a good idea.

It's 2017,
it failed.

Nate, you are not being honest by not putting a price tag on human suffering. Every choice we make will cause suffering. "never enough" is not part of my thinking in anything I do. I hold myself responsible first.

what is the limit you will put on what you take from people? its not that hard of a question when being honest. I know people will die. Children will die. I am not passing that responsibility onto others. If I am wrong, I am wrong. If I am right, I did killed those people, not somebody else's kids and grand children.

Charity is not what we are talking about. Making laws on taking more stuff is.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:16 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,630,684 times
Quote:

You ideation does not equate to facts. I know immigrants built this nation. I have no reason to fear them. They are not asking you to pay their way. They are no different than our grandparents.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:

Charity is not what we are talking about. Making laws on taking more stuff is.
Once again, charity has NOTHING to do with the OP. Just because YOU have your back up about aid to poor families does not mean that every thread should be about it.

You got NUTHIN to say about the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity