Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,623,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I say we test your idea. A real experiment.

We have to test the idea that your type of thinking can work on its own.

Wall in California, don't give them one more cent then we give now. Maybe a little less. No input from other countries.

If they take money from other people and it works, it would just prove my point. It can't work by itself and the suffering would actually increase.

observe the events, record what happens, and draw conclusions in 25 years.
My Grandparents came through Ellis Island. None of them were stealing from others.

Other relatives survived concentration camps in Poland. None of them were stealing either. They were human beings. They used their skills to make a life and future for children they would never see grow up and grandchildren they would never know.

My Grandparents and other relatives all believed in God. Some believed in Jesus. Somehow that belief carried them through the worst experiences imaginable.

I see no need for your experiment. We are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants and slaves have built this nation.

It is astonishing to me that any human being, let alone someone who claims to be a pastor, would believe their car is more important than a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles to our borders. A generation of children have known nothing but war and violence.

We will carry the shame of this diaspora. Not now of course. We have our cars to polish.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:34 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
My Grandparents came through Ellis Island. None of them were stealing from others.

Other relatives survived concentration camps in Poland. None of them were stealing either. They were human beings. They used their skills to make a life and future for children they would never see grow up and grandchildren they would never know.

My Grandparents and other relatives all believed in God. Some believed in Jesus. Somehow that belief carried them through the worst experiences imaginable.

I see no need for your experiment. We are a nation of immigrants. Immigrants and slaves have built this nation.

It is astonishing to me that any human being, let alone someone who claims to be a pastor, would believe their car is more important than a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles to our borders. A generation of children have known nothing but war and violence.

We will carry the shame of this diaspora. Not now of course. We have our cars to polish.
LOL..

My ancestors are ORIGINAL and want all immigrants TO LEAVE...LOL...

Old 02-01-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I say we test your idea. A real experiment.

We have to test the idea that your type of thinking can work on its own.

Wall in California, don't give them one more cent then we give now. Maybe a little less. No input from other countries.

If they take money from other people and it works, it would just prove my point. It can't work by itself and the suffering would actually increase.

observe the events, record what happens, and draw conclusions in 25 years.
Here is my experiment--

Take all immigrants, this includes descendants---and build a wall around them--Texas is probably large enough-don't give them one more cent then we give now. Maybe a little less. No input from other countries.

observe the events, record what happens, and draw conclusions in 5 years-

In the meant time, let my people have their land back and all will be happy...

Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
LOL..

My ancestors are ORIGINAL and want all immigrants TO LEAVE...LOL...
Too late.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Too late.
I will write an executive order ASAP!!

Old 02-01-2017, 08:20 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,507,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
LOL..

My ancestors are ORIGINAL .... In the meant time, let my people have their land back and all will be happy...
Be careful for what you wish for:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-arti...ican-migration

Native American populations descend from three key migrations -
Scientists have found that Native American populations — from Canada to the
southern tip of Chile — arose from at least three migrations, with the majority
descended entirely from a single group of First American migrants that crossed over
through Beringia, a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the
ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago. -
so once again bigotry ignores the truth .... nobody is original to this continent.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:25 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,216,364 times
Quote:
You are equating a refugee coming to this nation as someone stealing your car.
Actually, I used the analogy of us being able to define our own border, the same way you get to decide who enters your home and who doesn't. And the same way the Pope also gets to decide who gets in and who doesn't.
Quote:

This is not within the teachings of Jesus. The Vatican is simply a messenger you are scapegoating to hide your shameful beliefs.
Because I lock my doors?
Quote:
No one wants to steal your car. The Jewish refugees fleeing from Germany did not want to steal your car.
Somali women do not want to steal your car. Christian refugees do not want to steal your car.

What would Jesus do? Would he take his resources and hide them from the hungry?

No. Jesus would take his resources, and feed the hungry.
yet, there were STILL hungry and crippled people after he ascended to heaven. Weird.

Your social justice warrior tangents aside...this is about whether or not Americans have a right to define their borders and decide who comes in and who doesn't.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:34 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,507,555 times
Quote:
It is astonishing to me that any human being, .... would believe their car is more important than a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles to our borders. A generation of children have known nothing but war and violence.

descended entirely from a single group of First American migrants that crossed over
through Beringia, a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the
yet I suppose you have no problem with a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles that crossed over through Beringia, (a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago.)

Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually, I used the analogy of us being able to define our own border, the same way you get to decide who enters your home and who doesn't. And the same way the Pope also gets to decide who gets in and who doesn't.

Because I lock my doors?

yet, there were STILL hungry and crippled people after he ascended to heaven. Weird.

Your social justice warrior tangents aside...this is about whether or not Americans have a right to define their borders and decide who comes in and who doesn't.
I get it. You have yours. That is the only thing that matters. You have stuff important to you. You do not seem to see beyond your borders.

Why should you. You are fat and happy. Rocking the boat is not your style. You have staked your claim and use God to keep out others in need.

Jesus rocked the boat. But, that means nothing to you.

You lock your doors because you feel unsafe in your neighborhood. You lock your church because you fear others. You do not look beyond your walls, because you are afraid you might have a responsibility to do something. If you don't look, you are not accountable.

Men of faith should be carrying on the work of Jesus rather that expect him to have healed hunger.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
yet I suppose you have no problem with a mother uprooting her children to walk thousands of miles that crossed over through Beringia, (a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago.)
Wait..... what? I though you believed the Earth is only 6000 years old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity