Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 03:56 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The difference is that God is holy and God is sovereign.

Matthew 10

28 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hebrews 10

12 He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, sat down at the right hand of God, 13*waiting from that time onward until His enemies be made a footstool for His feet.

Rev. 20

14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Exactly ... the difference is that God is holy and God is sovereign.
for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.
Certain individuals hate that God is Sovereign. The chief of all who hates that God is Sovereign is the defeated enemy,Satan along with his hoard.
“Then he [Jesus] will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed,
into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 04:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
The gift based comment is in relation to how you're always banging on about what appears to be a rules based relationship to the Father - we have to do this, and we have to do that, but that is in complete contrast to how you were freely given your initial and amazing experiences - yes, I believe you had them. Add to that all the rest of the gifts you boast about, and it's a heady mix for people to accept - Indeed, it does more to p155 them off. So, when I say bread has to be broken, I'm getting at the concept of a faith that relates to the ordinary person, not someone with as equal and weighty calling as you, in what appears to be a career of looking for disciples to urge on. I have totally and utterly not got any service or ministry I'm looking to build or engage with, with anyone - there's far too many folks trying to find some sort of internal purpose / or crutch with others in the 'saved' club.

"Freely" given? If you call "free" staying in the word 16 hours a day for the first 2 years, in OBEDIENCE to scriptures about those that DILIGENTLY seek Him, asking Him for wisdom, then applying yourself to receive it. Like it or not close relationship with Him costs something.

And darn right I boast.....I boast IN THE LORD and what He has done for me, and what is available to the believers, continually telling others that He is no respecter of persons, He will do the same for anyone. If you don't praise Him for what He has done, you're not grateful and not willing to suffer reproach in His name.

It only p155es off the spirits in them, which is exactly what He intends for it to do. A right heart motive feels joy when one of the brethren is healed, delivered, ect., and praises G-d for it. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out that only the darkness has a problem with it. If He didn't raise stuff up in people many times they would never know it was there. Once raised up, they know in their heart if it needs to be dealt with, and so a choice is presented. Choose ye this day whom ye will serve.

As for what "appears to be a career of looking for disciples to urge on", we're all accountable for what we know, and for sharing the bread we've been given. That's all I do, all the motive there is. Peace

Old 05-03-2017, 04:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
There is no difference ...... We are called to be imitators of God, the God that Jesus Christ was and is the exact representation of all that God is. The same Jesus who came from God with a message of love your enemies.

Playing you at your own game......for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM

Problem is, NO ONE is walking in His holiness YET. He gave me the grace and covered me to walk in it once for about 15 minutes and carnal man cannot fathom what that is like. Peace

Old 05-03-2017, 04:39 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

It only p155es off the spirits in them, which is exactly what He intends for it to do. A right heart motive feels joy when one of the brethren is healed, delivered, ect., and praises G-d for it. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out that only the darkness has a problem with it. If He didn't raise stuff up in people many times they would never know it was there. Once raised up, they know in their heart if it needs to be dealt with, and so a choice is presented. Choose ye this day whom ye will serve.
I didn't think you'd stoop this low, with the threats. I'm sure they're equally your demons, as much as mine.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I didn't think you'd stoop this low, with the threats. I'm sure they're equally your demons, as much as mine.

??? Are you kidding me??? HOW can what I said be construed as threats in any way??? Wow....

Old 05-03-2017, 04:47 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
??? Are you kidding me??? HOW can what I said be construed as threats in any way??? Wow....
Choose ye this day whom you will serve. You're implying I'm serving Satan, and subject to demons.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Choose ye this day whom you will serve. You're implying I'm serving Satan, and subject to demons.

NO, you took it wrong. It was a scripture to back up what I said about a choice being presented in the hearts of those that take offense over healings, gifts, anything, from the Lord. It was a PRINCIPLE being "fleshed out". I could have added the wheat and the tares are raised up together, because that fits the situation, as well. ANY TIME there is ANYTHING presented OF THE LORD, if tares are present, they will raise up, too. It's an unbreakable law. Peace

Old 05-03-2017, 05:14 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Problem is, NO ONE is walking in His holiness YET. He gave me the grace and covered me to walk in it once for about 15 minutes and carnal man cannot fathom what that is like. Peace
Well what a waste of time it being written BE. Regardless, if we are to be holy as he is, then it is one kind of holiness not two, so the expression of it will be the same. It will not be you love your enemy, i will hate them. Holiness does not express itself that way neither can it. Jesus Christ is all that we believe ourselves not to be.
Quote:

Old 05-03-2017, 07:14 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is no difference ...... We are called to be imitators of God, the God that Jesus Christ was and is the exact representation of all that God is. The same Jesus who came from God with a message of love your enemies.

Playing you at your own game......for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."
Yes, we are to love God and others and walk in holiness. But, God will serve justice to His enemies in the end. Jesus spoke of it in the Olivet Discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity