Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 09:19 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
And only the Son knows the Father.
Water and Fire.
Trimming a lamp?

And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

} Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

} Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

} Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

} Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

} Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

} Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

} Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

} Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

} Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

[+] Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

, And Fire by night.
Rendering of the Heart not the garment.
For out of the heart
Sons and Daughters.

And if his oblation be a sacrifice of peace offering, if he offer it of the herd; whether it be a male or female, he shall offer it without blemish before the Lord.

2 And he shall lay his hand upon the head of his offering, and kill it at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar round about.

3 And he shall offer of the sacrifice of the peace offering an offering made by fire unto the Lord; the fat that covereth the inwards, and all the fat that is upon the inwards,

10There shall not be found among you anyone who passes his son or daughter through fire, a soothsayer, a diviner of [auspicious] times, one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer,

1 Corinthians 13:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-03-2017 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 09:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well what a waste of time it being written BE. Regardless, if we are to be holy as he is, then it is one kind of holiness not two, so the expression of it will be the same. It will not be you love your enemy, i will hate them. Holiness does not express itself that way neither can it. Jesus Christ is all that we believe ourselves not to be.

What you said and what I said, have nothing in common, except the word "holiness". Peace

Old 05-04-2017, 03:25 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yes, we are to love God and others and walk in holiness. But, God will serve justice to His enemies in the end. Jesus spoke of it in the Olivet Discourse.
Then if that is what holiness is, then you should be serving what you think is justice on your enemies too, because there is only one form of holiness.I have no enemies, you don't have to too. The reason I have no enemies, is because the SAME Spirit, that raised Christ from the dead raised Christ in me too.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Yes, we are to love God and others and walk in holiness. But, God will serve justice to His enemies in the end. Jesus spoke of it in the Olivet Discourse.
Another post that is clear evidence that Bible fundamentalists do not want God to be how HE wants US to BE.

WE want a God who exacts vengeance upon his so called enemies. Look at all the grovelling and feeling bad about ourselves WE had to go through to be accepted by God, if his enemies are not willing to go through this, then they should be punished

Old 05-04-2017, 08:11 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Another post that is clear evidence that Bible fundamentalists do not want God to be how HE wants US to BE.

WE want a God who exacts vengeance upon his so called enemies. Look at all the grovelling and feeling bad about ourselves WE had to go through to be accepted by God, if his enemies are not willing to go through this, then they should be punished
Has nothing to do with what I want. God is holy and sovereign. Best to look at what Jesus said. His words are the same as the prophets before Him and the apostles after.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:44 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Has nothing to do with what I want. God is holy and sovereign. Best to look at what Jesus said. His words are the same as the prophets before Him and the apostles after.
Jesus said to smash babies skulls on rocks???...

Old 05-04-2017, 08:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Seriously, I don't think you know what you're talking about...Compare his words to the prophets'...

Old 05-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You are in rebellion to reject the truth that Jesus(who you believe is God) taught love your enemies not hate them who hate God(who you believe is Jesus).

Old 05-04-2017, 11:05 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
You are in rebellion to reject the truth that Jesus(who you believe is God) taught love your enemies not hate them who hate God(who you believe is Jesus).
Again, has nothing to do with me. God is holy and sovereign. Best to look at what Jesus said. His words are the same as the prophets before Him and the apostles after.

Address that point.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Again, has nothing to do with me. God is holy and sovereign. Best to look at what Jesus said. His words are the same as the prophets before Him and the apostles after.

Address that point.
It's everything to do with you, because we are called to be imitators of God (At the very least his nature and character). Growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, is not growing in bible knowledge, it is growing in the knowledge of how Jesus Christ, knew God, not how the old testament writers perceived God. When we learn to see God how Jesus Christ did, we cannot help but grow in the grace of God.

And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity