Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 01:02 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
If I am vitriolic, Vizio, it is toward the vicious ideas espoused by those people and not toward them personally. I take joy in expounding the Way Jesus taught. If that entails correcting misrepresentations, I take joy in expressing the truth.

If you were capable of pointing out the "iniquity" in what you are so viciously opposed to, you would have a point, meanwhile we will continue to espouse the truth that love requires.
You present a false love, not the love taught by Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 01:09 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You present a false love, not the love taught by Jesus.
So YOU say. n Please demonstrate how it differs.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
A little more tolerance of others would go a long way to convincing people otherwise.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
A little more tolerance of others would go a long way to convincing people otherwise.
You still don't get it. I will NEVER "tolerate" the expressions of views diametrically opposed to the Way Jesus taught. If you are in that position, you may take it personally. Examine your reasons for doing so.

Old 02-23-2017, 01:29 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The homosexualists have accomplished their goal of getting government to accept their perversion, now they want Bible believers silenced. It's a natural progression. They will get their desire for a season, but it had to happen so the Scriptures are fulfilled. Jesus said that He would not return until the days were like Sodom & Gomorrah. Those days are at hand.

I will not allow you to take civil rights away from your brothers and sisters. They are not harming you.

You are using God and that is quite perverse.

I do not want you silenced. I like when men such as yourself show themselves. I see you. God sees you.

You are a single man, and God wants you to find your own robust relationship. That way you will stop paying attention to the gay couple next door.

Sodom and Gomorrah was about the Gospel of Selfishness. A fundamentalist ideology such as yours fits the bill.

Old 02-23-2017, 02:26 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
Ooo, careful. He's doesn't seem too good at answering harder questions that fall outside his indoctrinated responses...at least based on my experience...still hasn't responded to my first post

Old 02-23-2017, 03:46 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
So why don't you? You seem to take joy in criticizing others.
Quote:
There is no joy in telling others that they are harming or hurting people because they THINK their God wants them to. There is only sadness. Your beliefs apply to you and you alone, Vizio, try to get that through your head and worry about what YOU are doing or not doing. You do NOT help God by trying to force others or mistreat others to get them to do or believe what YOU do, period. What God wants has to be voluntary.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
You still don't get it. I will NEVER "tolerate" the expressions of views diametrically opposed to the Way Jesus taught. If you are in that position, you may take it personally. Examine your reasons for doing so.
What if you're wrong about what Jesus taught? Methinks you wouldn't tolerate Jesus if he appeared on earth today.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:07 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
What if you're wrong about what Jesus taught? Methinks you wouldn't tolerate Jesus if he appeared on earth today.
Worrying about sins "other" people commit---all quite the most horrible, of course---while minimizing and even ignoring one's own---is the very definition of a legalistic Pharisee.

Until you see your own sins as worse than EVERYONE else, you'll never be anything but a ringing gong or clanging cymbal for others.

So very sad.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:14 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no joy in telling others that they are harming or hurting people because they THINK their God wants them to. There is only sadness. Your beliefs apply to you and you alone, Vizio, try to get that through your head and worry about what YOU are doing or not doing. You do NOT help God by trying to force others or mistreat others to get them to do or believe what YOU do, period. What God wants has to be voluntary.
Quote:
::Sigh: You would crucify Him again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Worrying about sins "other" people commit---all quite the most horrible, of course---while minimizing and even ignoring one's own---is the very definition of a legalistic Pharisee.
Until you see your own sins as worse than EVERYONE else, you'll never be anything but a ringing gong or clanging cymbal for others.
So very sad.
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity