Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You saying it doesn't make it true. Give me a reason to believe what you say about the Apostle Paul.
Jesus sent His followers with the same words given to Him and as He was sent. He said to abide or remain in His word. His word is the word of God as He stated. Paul never quoted the words of Jesus save for maybe one time in which he tried to quote the last supper.

Jesus wanted His followers to carry on His mission, to keep spreading God's word as He was sent to do. To essentially become Him as God's son and servant.

The Lord says this;

"Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

"Whover acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"He who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

The words I speak are not my own it is the Lord who lives in me performing His works.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will posses the light of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 09:55 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus sent His followers with the same words given to Him and as He was sent. He said to abide or remain in His word. His word is the word of God as He stated. Paul never quoted the words of Jesus save for maybe one time in which he tried to quote the last supper.

Jesus wanted His followers to carry on His mission, to keep spreading God's word as He was sent to do. To essentially become Him as God's son and servant.

The Lord says this;

"Let the man who has my word speak my word and speak the truth."

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."

"Whover acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

"He who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him."

The words I speak are not my own it is the Lord who lives in me performing His works.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will posses the light of life.
You said Peter was clueless when he confirmed Paul. Is that right?

Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I think the shoe should be on the other foot. Where did you ever get the notion that Paul actually spoke for a divine deity? The truth is that you have no proof that Paul actually spoke for a divine being. You were told this over and over and over until it became a part of your mindset.
The apostle Peter confirmed Paul's words as gospel, in 2 Peter 3.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Very true, it as if the moment we first believe, we then step foot into a church for the first time, switch off and accept everything we hear as being the word of God, and from then on we read the scriptures through the lenses of what we have been taught to be the word of God, and become hardened to anything that does not line up with how we have been taught.
And then we become adults, with the ability to think and decide. Your insinuation that I blindly follow some teacher is nonsense. This is a weak argument that won't work on me.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
Quote:
You said Peter was clueless when he confirmed Paul. Is that right?
Yes. I'm telling you that the apostles were merely stand ins for those who would come later. Just as Jesus said they could not follow Him then. They were not going to do what He intended and He knew it because they were like old wine skins. You cannot put new wine in old wine skins.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Well you must be among those with a reading and comprehension problem because the Bible couldn't be more clear on the subject.......Gods justice at work.....those who don't want to be with Him won't be......

Revelation 20:14
Verse Concepts
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:10
Verse Concepts
And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8
Verse Concepts
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Revelation 20:15
Verse Concepts
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

This was not created for us but the devil and his followers.........
I'm not the devil or a follower of his. And, I'm not a believer in God, so what is my fate in the mythical book.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:37 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
I think the shoe should be on the other foot. Where did you ever get the notion that Paul actually spoke for a divine deity? The truth is that you have no proof that Paul actually spoke for a divine being. You were told this over and over and over until it became a part of your mindset.
Quote:
The apostle Peter confirmed Paul's words as gospel, in 2 Peter 3.
Hmmm, seems like we have a good example of circular reasoning going on here. The Bible (where the apostle Peter's alleged words are found) affirms that Paul's alleged words (also recorded in the same Bible) are arrived at by divine authority. Therefore, Paul's words ARE arrived at by divine authority.

H'okay . . .

Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I'm not the devil or a follower of his. And, I'm not a believer in God, so what is my fate in the mythical book.
Maat Jesus came letting people know they needed a Savior....my message is the same. The day we are born we start into sin debt, sin has one consequence and its death. You will either pay that debt or you will let Jesus pay it for you because HE wants you to be with Him.....He truly does. I can guarantee all who read this, one thing......actively seek God and He will find you.......I guarantee it and the reason is simple, Jesus is the only deity who is truly ALiVE today and knows all of us. It took Him 90 days to reach me and I've been amazed ever since. If you want to be assured you have eternal life Jesus only asks you to believe and totally trust in Him....and He has a simple gospel (good news) to believe. I will share with you what it took me 25 years to find.......the gospel of grace......read it carefully and see what it DOES contain and what it does NOT......

The Resurrection of Christ
15 Now I would remind you, brothers,[a] of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Should you choose to reject Christ and His free gift, at your death you will descend (your soul and human spirit) into the center of the earth where you will be held until the end of the thousand year millenium. At that time you will believe it or not be resurrected and given a body fit for hell. You will find yourself at the Great White Throne where Jesus will personally remind you of the times He tried to reach you, perhaps this very post will be brought up. It will be painfully clear you had a choice to not end up this way.......but if your name is not in the Book of Life you will end up alone in pitch darkness, unable to see your hand in front of your face. You will have an eternity to regret not making a different decision and you will be tormented by the other inhabitants there with you, the demons the place was created for.

I am only here to hope you make the right choice, if only one person finds the amazing Lord I know then all will be worth it.........the choice is yours and I wish you Godspeed in making a decision as none of us are guaranteed any days on this earth........

Grace and peace

Old 05-07-2017, 04:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
And then we become adults, with the ability to think and decide. Your insinuation that I blindly follow some teacher is nonsense. This is a weak argument that won't work on me.
It would be a weak argument Jimmie if your use of scripture was sound, but it's not. Fundamentalists need to get over people seeing scripture in a different light to them and quit accusing them of having attacking them. Now that is nonsense and the weak way those who are not open respond.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
That's just it Jimmie, we go to church(especially evangelical churches) and leave our ability to think and decide for ourselves at the door. You will never be free until you admit this, multitudes upon multitudes who believed like you were humble enough to admit it, its no big deal, God is not holding it against you. There is life, freedom and peace outside of the burden of bible fundamentalism, but if you are happy in it then fair enough, rarely have come across a bible fundamentalist that expresses the joy and peace Jesus spoke of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity