Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 08:56 AM

33,316 posts, read 26,524,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
By the way, that aint no Jew Mike.

That is a person who has converted to Christianity. I suppose if he was born a Jew, some may still call him a Jew, but he don't look like no Jew to me.
Dr. Fruchtenbaum is an ethnic or racial Jew born to Jewish parents. He is also a Messianic Jew.

Read his biography: Ariel Ministries: Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 08:58 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,492,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Dr. Fruchtenbaum is an ethnic or racial Jew born to Jewish parents. He is also a Messianic Jew.

Read his biography: Ariel Ministries: Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum
If you say so Mike.

Looks like a Christian to me.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
He flat out doesn't know what he is talking about.
So you claim. But you have no credibility whatsoever.

Quote:
Mike, If you are not trying to gain an inheritance in Israel to be called a Co-heir with Jews, what is it that you are doing?
I already addressed that comment in post #65. Go back and READ IT!

Old 05-19-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
If you say so Mike.

Looks like a Christian to me.
I do say so. A racial Jew is someone who is descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. A religious Jew on the other hand is someone who simply converts to Judaism. Dr. Fruchtenbaum is a racial Jew.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I do say so. A racial Jew is someone who is descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. A religious Jew on the other hand is someone who simply converts to Judaism. Dr. Fruchtenbaum is a racial Jew.
Yeah, if you say so, and there maybe many Jews even in the Judaism forum who may agree with you, but my opinion is that when a Jew converts to Christianity, he stops being a Jew in my opinion.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah, if you say so, and there maybe many Jews even in the Judaism forum who may agree with you, but my opinion is that when a Jew converts to Christianity, he stops being a Jew in my opinion.
Your opinion is not the basis for reality. A racial Jew does not stop being a racial Jew simply because he does not hold to religion of Judaism. One can be a Jew and be an atheist. If a person is born a racial Jew he remains a racial Jew regardless of his religious stance.

And with that, I am done with this. This thread has gone off topic.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,055,061 times
Quote:
What I said is senseless is allegorizing things which are not meant to be allegorized which is what you are doing.

And anyone can claim that the Spirit has revealed something to them and self righteously claim that those who disagree with them do not have the Spirit.

As for the 24 elders, there are various views concerning who they are. Some think they are angels. Others think that they are men who represent both Israel and the church. Others, including myself think the 24 elders represent the resurrected church. It is extremely unlikely that Israel is represented by the elders since Israelites will not be resurrected until after the Tribulation. More likely, the 24 elders represent the resurrected church.

Heaven is a place. It is a place where at this moment, Jesus in resurrected body is seated at the right hand of the Father. Heaven is a place where Paul was caught up to as described in 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 where he heard things he was not permitted to speak of. Heaven is a place where in John's vision he, as I've already stated, saw the 24 elders, and the great multitude of Tribulational martyrs.

Heaven and the kingdom of heaven are not the same thing. Heaven, that is, the third heaven as Paul described it, is indeed a place. The kingdom of heaven, or the kingdom of God has different aspects. In one sense, the kingdom of God refers to God's rule over all of creation. In another sense it refers to the future political, geographical kingdom which Jesus will set up on the earth after His return. It is that political, geographical kingdom that Jesus offered to Israel during his first advent, but was postponed when they rejected Him as the Messiah.

The book of Revelation can not be understood if one denies the literalness that underlies the symbolic language which is used to describe the literal events. And yes, as with all scripture, one should study the book of Revelation under the filling of the Spirit. But all too many people claim that they have the Spirit and anyone with contrary views to theirs does not have the Spirit. The fact of the matter is that many good Spirit filled, and academically prepared theologians still disagree with each other over certain points of doctrine.

To rightly divide the word of truth, to accurately interpret the Scriptures requires more than being filled with the Spirit. It requires among other things, knowing how to properly interpret Scripture. Knowing the different genres of the Bible. Having an understanding of the time and culture in which the Bible was written. Understanding that the Bible is to be interpreted literally when the context is plainly intended to be taken literally, and only when the context obviously is not literal, to understand it in a non-literal sense. Etc.

People who assert that their interpretation is correct because they claim that God told them so have no credibility.

I never said you don't have the Spirit Mike, you are putting words in my mouth, which seems to be a favorite pastime around here. I said the Spirit must teach you.

When Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, He was basically saying I'm in heaven, but I'm standing here talking to you right now. Paul said our conversation is IN HEAVEN. You can't speak from a place you've never been before.

Then I guess the disciples and Jesus have no credibility because they all said the Spirit told them things, and Jesus witnessed for Peter that G-d had revealed something to Peter. As for knowing HOW to properly interpret scripture, I trust the Holy Spirit who wrote knows how to interpret it. Peace

Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisCD View Post
Our church is Pre-Trib, but I'm more than aware that others fall in the other categories and have their own scriptures to back that up.

I don't believe it is an issue that should separate Christians. Christianity is about Jesus Christ. Time will eventually show us the truth of how the tribulation will go down.

cd :O)

Christianity is supposed to be about Jesus. Yet I share 6 super important teachings of his with Trinitarians and they outright refuse to believe him over their teachers dogmas. Why? all 6 teachings exist in every translation on earth.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Your opinion is not the basis for reality. A racial Jew does not stop being a racial Jew simply because he does not hold to religion of Judaism. One can be a Jew and be an atheist. If a person is born a racial Jew he remains a racial Jew regardless of his religious stance.

And with that, I am done with this. This thread has gone off topic.
I suppose your right, but that Jew you are listening to is still putting you in the outer court of Gentiles because he believes all those tribes listed in Revelation are Jews alone when they are not all just Jew, they are Jews and Christians and EVERY ONE in history who has become a coheir with Jews under the inheritance if Israel, and your Jew takes you right out of that inheritance.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I suppose your right, but that Jew you are listening to is still putting you in the outer court of Gentiles because he believes all those tribes listed in Revelation are Jews alone when they are not all just Jew, they are Jews and Christians and EVERY ONE in history who has become a coheir with Jews under the inheritance if Israel, and your Jew takes you right out of that inheritance.
None of the 144,000 are Christians. They are all Jews from the 12 tribes of Israel that are listed. The church, that is, all Christians, are raptured into heaven before the Tribulation ever begins and are not a part of the 144,000 Jews.

And the only person putting anyone into the outer court of Gentiles is you. You can't seem to understand that in the church-age there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile in the body of Christ. The Holy of holies is open to all who in the body of Christ. The tearing of the veil in the temple when Jesus died signifies that fact.

You are the one who insists on making a distinction between Jew and Gentile that does not exist in this dispensation for those who have believed in Christ Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity