Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 01:14 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

In Gods simplicity He sums up what we should know TODAY.......both Jews and Gentiles, before the cross you needed to know Jesus was the Son of Man and the promised Messiah......years after that a new much different gospel emerged.......same God different dispensation. We are to believe this and ONLY this for salvation today...............

1Co 15:1 Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,
1Co 15:2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Believe this that Jesus died for your sins was dead and buried and was resurrected on the third day to new life and you are saved for eternity and made a joint heir with Christ. Paul tells us plainly we will be judged by our adherence to this gospel later whether you like it or not..........

Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Dispensation has been given a bad reputation when in fact it is used 4 times by Paul, and it has no other meaning implied other than the economy in effect at a certain time with a certain group of people.

1Co_9:17* For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10* That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2* If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25* Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

So today the we are under grace, the gospel of the kingdom was used earlier but does not apply to the body of Christ today, the gospel of the Kingdom will return and be used during the Tribulation since this is largely a Jewish event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 01:43 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
So you mean this gospel of the kingdom is salvation for the house of Isaac , when they get circumcised and believe with compassion , where the gospel of the testimony of Jesus Christ is for believer today , where this dispensation of grace will apply until the second coming of Jesus , were then the dispensation of the millennium of the thousand years reign will go till the great judgement of the end of time ...... Still many of the promises of God from the Old testament can be used today which God will bless His children who give God honor for believing the older promises in faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity