Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 1

11 Of what use are your many sacrifices to Me? says the Lord. I am sated with the burnt-offerings of rams and the fat of fattened cattle; and the blood of bulls and sheep and hegoats I do not want.

Many claim that G-d said that He did not desire sacrifice, then how is the bolded above explained away?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:02 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

11 Of what use are your many sacrifices to Me? says the Lord. I am sated with the burnt-offerings of rams and the fat of fattened cattle; and the blood of bulls and sheep and hegoats I do not want.

Many claim that G-d said that He did not desire sacrifice, then how is the bolded above explained away?...
God instituted the Levitical sacrificial system for 2 basic reasons. First, it gave man a way to have his sins forgiven and to show he did not have to die for his sins. Second they were only a shadow of the substitutionary atonement of Jesus.

When what we do for God becomes a meaningless ritual or done out of duty, they are no longer of value. He prefers obedience and knowledge of Him.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
God instituted the Levitical sacrificial system for 2 basic reasons. First, it gave man a way to have his sins forgiven and to show he did not have to die for his sins. Second they were only a shadow of the substitutionary atonement of Jesus.
But yet G-d states that no man may be substituted for another...

Old 07-31-2017, 07:14 AM

692 posts, read 375,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

RESPONSE: Perhaps as an error made by a story writer?

Old 07-31-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: Perhaps as an error made by a story writer?
Go on...Tell me more...

Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
May I suggest that a better idea of the meaning might be gotten from a different translation? NAS 11"What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle; And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.

Personally, I don't believe that it was God that originally ordered blood sacrifices, but this verse does not in any way prove that.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:17 AM

465 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:

When what we do for God becomes a meaningless ritual or done out of duty, they are no longer of value. He prefers obedience and knowledge of Him.
God always required obedience and knowledge of him. Just castaways those animals are thought of as their blood never atoned for a single thing.

It has only become more obvious while studying scriptures that there are two Gods who are vying for the souls of men. The Bible has not just one theme.

Is Baphomet the one who Leonardo Da Vinci had sit in the place of Christ inside of a painting? If so, what did the Renaissance painter mean? God is the one who atoned.

Per animal rights has the conscience of the church been seared? The torture animals are put through to be sacrificed happens practically every second when they are slaughtered.

The blood ritual sacrifices Isaiah 1 makes a sermon of goes right with Isaiah 66:3: "He who slaughters an ox is like he who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, like him who breaks a dog's neck."

Old 07-31-2017, 12:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post

The blood ritual sacrifices Isaiah 1 makes a sermon of goes right with Isaiah 66:3: "He who slaughters an ox is like he who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, like him who breaks a dog's neck."

Well THAT looks like a tougher nut.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
richardo ....... why didn't you put all the other scripture which say the same thing and all quoting the same old scripture...... because only in context does it make sense. people please quote it all in context or not at all.. everyone needs to look it up themselves if the scriptures are not quote in context.

dang ..

Old 07-31-2017, 04:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:

now here is someone with knowledge of God! thank you for your bit to add sanity to this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity