Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 10:03 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,255,660 times

Advertisements

Can I use positive affirmations to repeat out loud and write multiple times in a book. Is that fine?

The reason why I asked is I've googled and I've seen "incantation" used in comparison. And I know "incantation" is something used in a witchcraft. So Christians please educate me on this.

Last edited by FreshFresh; 07-31-2017 at 10:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 PM

45,640 posts, read 27,250,610 times
You could memorize Scripture and repeat it as well.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:55 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
One good one to memorize is Phil 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think on these things."

Old 08-01-2017, 06:04 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Can I use positive affirmations to repeat out loud and write multiple times in a book. Is that fine?

The reason why I asked is I've googled and I've seen "incantation" used in comparison. And I know "incantation" is something used in a witchcraft. So Christians please educate me on this.
Of course it is ok.

Think on this... this is a question born out of fear or love?
It is fear, isn't it? Fear of wrongdoing. Fear of offending God, or fear of not being "christian". Fear of doing witchcraft.

God is Love.
There is no fear in love.
Perfect love casts out ALL fear.

If you are doing something positive, (positive affirmations), why would you fear doing this?
It's a tool. To becoming more positive in your life. And therefore, more LOVING.

Jesus' command was to LOVE your neighbor as yourself.
Think about that.

God *IS* love

The more you trust in the above affirmation, the more you will be able to answer these types of questions for yourself, and have more peace within.

Peace to you friend,
sparrow

Old 08-01-2017, 06:05 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
One good one to memorize is Phil 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think on these things."

Old 08-01-2017, 06:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:

A mantra could also be considered an *incantation* by some yet Monks use mantras all day every day.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
Of course it is ok... if the affirmation is true

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough. And doggonit, people like me!" -Stuart Smalley

Old 08-01-2017, 08:09 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I love when you remind us of this one.♥ Phil 4:6 I tell people all the time that fret.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,044,945 times
Quote:

Could you elaborate? For what reason? What's the intended goal? The heart is the issue here....are you hoping to repeat something positive enough times that it comes true? If so...that's just Word of Faith or Witchcraft. If, on the other hand, you wish to repeat Scripture to yourself so it gets IN YOU...and changes you...that's a good thing. But your words do not have power. God is where the power comes from, and our submission to HIM and his will.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:18 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,220 times
Quote:

honey it is fine if Jesus told you to do that.
but if you are getting your clues from the politics of PC correctness and or the world religion of possitive thinking then it might be not "good" enough for you..
I made my babies write the Bible and that them being dyslexics it helped them remember it . now they listento the Bible because apps came out that read the bible for them .. maybe you can get a scripture a day app for your phone a copy that everyday if you are either a kinetic or visual learner copying can help you make it more real and remember it .. just fyi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity