Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You're back. Any response to our previous discussion, specifically the last bit?...

What about you ... As you asked me, what is your purpose/goal in how you are living your life?
What I asked was this

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why don't you know what happens after you die? Isn't that what you are living for?
Are you living for heaven? Do you believe there is an afterlife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 07:51 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
You asked me this:

Quote:
Why don't you know what happens after you die? Isn't that what you are living for?
My answer, (which I just reposted above):

Quote:
I'm totally not buying that you've never done anything stupid in your life, and never made a mistake. And surely, you have learned and grown.

You know, I've often enjoyed your one-liner posts. They can be thought-provoking and, sometimes, funny. But I've always wondered if you were interested in dialoguing with people. I'm definitely getting the sense you aren't, but I guess time will tell.

So, to answer your questions:

I don't know what happens after we physically die, because it hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm living to experience life, and hopefully to learn and grow. That's how I see it. What about you
?
So, what about you?

Old 08-14-2017, 07:56 AM

Now this is a new twist on what you asked, but different enough so I'll answer it, too:

Quote:
What I asked was this

Are you living for heaven? Do you believe there is an afterlife?
Heaven is a state of mind (and one which has, in part, to do with learning and growing, I think, and the foundation of which, in my opinion, is love). If there is an "afterlife" (or, as I see it, a continuation of life after our physical existence, and yes, I do think that's likely) then I think we take heaven with us.

So, yeah, I guess you could say I'm living for heaven.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:17 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
Originally Posted by Jerwade
It doesn't teach that of Eternal Punishment or Torment, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
First off, that is a bald-face lie, where you came up with another distortion of show the Kingdom works for good. The only eternal punishment and torment God speaks of is what we are doing to ourselves, and yes, we could carry on like that forever [as long as we last and continue to make our children into our own image instead of Gods.].

Do you really think those who rape children should be given a chance to be living in the loving presence of God? Doesn't Ezekiel teach you that God will recompense our doings upon our own heads? as in we will reap what we sow. You want a picture of Hell? Here it is spiritually, to exist eternally in the mind, a mental concept: "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men..." When? we wonder...but as far as I know it could be happening right now.

Or would it be right to give those who have caused deliberate suffering of others to feel they are even welcomed? Only those that practice doing the 10 commandments are promised blessings, and those that refused are promised the curses of their own doings. And if they repent, do a 180º and change their ways, do it no more, they will be forgiven and welcomed into this tree of life and this kingdom of God.

'Suffer not the little children to come unto me, because if one of these little ones is offended then a stone's milled'.
His neck would be crashed upon by a millstone from above because they who hurt children are sinister bastards. You don't think these wars are hurting the children? How many ways are we hurting and harming even the unborn children by our poisoning and destruction and raping of the whole earth making it a desolate place to even be born into? We all are guilty of something, forgive your brothers because you are probably more like them than you believe.

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. That fiery lake full of sulfur or is it the 2nd definition of the word brimstone: Virago - 1. a turbulent, violent, or ill tempered, scolding woman; a shrew. 2. a woman of masculine strength or spirit [manlike woman] That bride of Christ venting her anger upon us perhaps? That second death being pouring out upon our heads that which we thought "Good" back at us? How much fun will reaping what you have sown be?

Revelation 20:15 - And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Those that do evil and call it good is probably found in that book of the death or the dying - sin.

Matthew 25:46 - And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. The everlasting punishment of sin - dead, gone and forgotten.

Mark 9:43-48 - And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:...Better to chop off your hands and what they are doing than to exist in this hell upon earth that we have created. How will we ever quench that hell fire of reaping what we keep sowing? Matthew 13:50 - And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. That fiery furnace of affliction that God will use to try and purify you, turning our on ways upon our own heads.

Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And after this second death the cursed will either be changed or not be going around and around and around.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;? The wicked, the cursed, those that will never change their ways.
And the punishment and the torment of realizing their own doings of everlasting destruction and removed from the presence of the Lord, his glory, and his power and life forever. No more around and around and around will they go. Now that would be enough eternal punishment. Don't you think?

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Okay, the devil, and this Beast System SSS# = 666# for the buying and selling of merchandise, and that Lying Tongue and False Witness will be tormented, seen for what they were, as the smoke of there torment for ever and ever as long as the word of God lasts...it is written in the book, and what they did and their doings and the torment they caused will be nothing, as some ascending smoke in this story forever and forever.

Revelation 14:11 - And the smoke of their torment ascend up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Receive the Number of his name, which is the Number of the Beast System, and as soon as you are born they try to make you into this image of the beast and you give your very breath so your idol may exist. The Beast System creates men into it's own image to serve itself while you work day and night to keep those on top at the top and the only way to the top is to become just like them.

Luke 16:19-25 - There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
[...]
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented
Another parable trying to teach us something.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:28 AM

611 posts, read 281,278 times
And then I found this relating to some other post:
Last edited by mensaguy; Yesterday at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Do not use red text is your posts.

I think I'm in for a bad day. No red text?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:30 AM

692 posts, read 375,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
There are a number of ways in which the meaning of this passage or any might be determined.
One is that it's a reference to the day of Pentecost and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

I am sure that most of us will not see things in the same manner.
RESPONSE: Actually those who are objective and possess adequate reading comprehension understanding the plain meaning of the words used, will.

As also in:

"Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?†Jesus said, “I am, AND YOU WILL SEE the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power,’ and ‘coming with the clouds of heaven.’â€

"you will see" ie. during his lifetime.

The same as:

'There are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.'

But when they persecute you in this city, flee into the next: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone through the cities of Israel, till the Son of man has come.

Last edited by Aristotles child; 08-14-2017 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-14-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
And then I found this relating to some other post:
Last edited by mensaguy; Yesterday at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Do not use red text is your posts.

I think I'm in for a bad day. No red text?
I don't think that's red you used in the previous post; it's burgundy or maroon or some such. You're good.

Edit: I just looked at the "inspect element" thingy, and it's "darkred". Yeah, you're fine.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Talk to the hand? Alright, Arnold Schwarzenegger, if your post was directed at me:

The words endless torment (adialeipton timorion), eternal imprisonment (aidios eirgmos) and eternal punishment (aidios kalasin) do not appear anywhere in the Greek New Testament, at least not in conjunction. Neither, will you find the term aidios timorion or eternal torment. Therefore, whoever says that there is an eternal (aidios) time set for punishment (kalasin) or torment beyond this life is sadly mistaken. It's a limited duration of aionion
ώνιον - a period of time, as in an age) kalasin (Κόλασιν - chastisement or correction) which is in view; but the day and hour that it begins and ends is unpredictable. If it were eternal, then the word Aidios would have been used. But not even Jesus used the word for eternal in conjunction with any kind of punishment or life for that matter.
No, he was talking to Orion. (See his responses in "darkred" )

I gather that aural is an Annihilationist.

Ps. Jerwade, have I mentioned how much I hate the font you use? ((hugs)) Pretty please, choose something that's not so hard on the eyes. I don't like missing what you have to say, but sometimes I get frustrated.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:56 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
There are a number of ways in which the meaning of this passage or any might be determined.
One is that it's a reference to the day of Pentecost and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

I am sure that most of us will not see things in the same manner.

OMG Jerwade, I think I found common ground with you. Move over a bit, you're cramping my style. Peace

Old 08-14-2017, 09:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
No, he was talking to Orion. (See his responses in "darkred" )

I gather that aural is an Annihilationist.

Ps. Jerwade, have I mentioned how much I hate the font you use? ((hugs)) Pretty please, choose something that's not so hard on the eyes. I don't like missing what you have to say, but sometimes I get frustrated.
I deleted the other post, after I realized the error. But you can leave it up as a banner.
What font size, style and color would you prefer, open to suggestions this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity