Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:14 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times

Advertisements

If so, how do you do it? Do you feel successful?

Not to leave others out, ha...
Do you have a 'mission' for something else?
Want to talk about it?

Added: Gosh, I should have said...and can we keep it friendly!!?
If it's mean, keep it to yourself. Simple.
'Think it, don't fling it.' Seems fair to me.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-27-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 07:49 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
well this is a hard question for me . because I repent all the time.. I don't care about people as much as creation, animals and kids. people are just well rank and down right mean . and I really haven't found many I liked much. but I do love people and want them saved , and I want them all saved .. maybe just so they are nicer to be around.but I fight with this question all the time.

for the most part I believe that if God's spirit has been preparing and like convicting them and they are in a needing something place .. then they will ask me questions just like the pharisee sought out Jesus and to ask him questions. and that is the only reason I sometimes type on this site because they are (pretending anyway)like trying to ask questions . usually on this list they are just trying to get a fight started they think they can win . but oh well. I told him I would try and answer if someone asked a question I thought I could help them understand better his principles more clearly to take to him and ask for his directions . so I try sometimes. well sometimes . I really don't like doing what his spirit isn't doing.. but it is hard to tell sometimes if the spirit is doing a work in them or not . so try and follow his spirit when I can .

Old 08-27-2017, 03:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Do you have a mission to bring people to Jesus?

No. I prefer to exhibit his love for all humanity, even if it means "walking" down the dark, back alleys of life.

Helping those in need!

Old 08-27-2017, 06:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
I guess my "mission" is more to present a different perception of what it MEANS to "come to Jesus" than is so often presented with what I see as negative results, either by avoidance of the message altogether or by wrong conclusions on how to go about that relationship.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:31 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Wrt the OP, I do find the simplest approach to discussing spiritual stuff with my kids is to keep it 'Jesus oriented', and with respect to "inviting Him into your heart", there is something that they simply understand about that, whether they like it or not, but that's another issue. As for my developing views, I'm currently still kind of non Trinitarian, in that Jesus was exalted and given the name above every name, because of his obedience, but when he has done all he was given to do, he will be made subject to the Father who is all in all - what the tense is of that reality; present or future, I'm not sure, but probably both, dependent on one's own stage of resurrection. eg. Jesus related to the Father and was/is the way to the Father.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Helping those in need though that of love.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:56 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
FYI This is the question asked in the OP. Please just answer and discuss this

Quote:

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-01-2017 at 10:07 AM..

Old 08-29-2017, 09:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
If so, how do you do it? Do you feel successful?

Not to leave others out, ha...
Do you have a 'mission' for something else?
Want to talk about it?

Added: Gosh, I should have said...and can we keep it friendly!!?
If it's mean, keep it to yourself. Simple.
'Think it, don't fling it.' Seems fair to me.
Yes. Jesus gave us the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20. We are to go and preach the Gospel to all nations, baptizing, and teaching them to obey all that Jesus commanded.

So it starts with evangelism. It continues with discipleship.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. Jesus gave us the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20. We are to go and preach the Gospel to all nations, baptizing, and teaching them to obey all that Jesus commanded.

So it starts with evangelism. It continues with discipleship.

How can you NOT, if He is in you being Himself, is what I want to know? G-d was in Christ RECONCILING ALL MEN unto Himself. Where is He now? In us? So what then should He be doing, if He's in you? Not that hard to figure out, is it really??? Peace

Old 08-29-2017, 11:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
How can you NOT, if He is in you being Himself, is what I want to know? G-d was in Christ RECONCILING ALL MEN unto Himself. Where is He now? In us? So what then should He be doing, if He's in you? Not that hard to figure out, is it really??? Peace
Actually, Jesus IS God. And he is now sitting at the right hand of the Father because he accomplished his mission -- to redeem his people. THe Holy Spirit now indwells Christians as we work to accomplish the command of Christ to preach the Gospel to all nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity