Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times

Advertisements

Milk, meat and bread (hidden manna) are in the scriptures. You are only able to feed on what is necessary for your growth at that particular time. So it's a lifelong pursuit (or should be). Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:48 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Do you revere the Bible?
I wouldn't put it on a pedestal to be idolized.
However, I can appreciate the inspirations.

Feel you need it everyday?
I don't feel it is necessary to drink the milk of others on a daily basis.
Although, others may find it comforting or having a gently calming effect.

Disclaimer: Read it with discernment, not all parts are edifying.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-31-2017 at 01:26 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 03:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and you know a good lie from a bad lie how exactly? a good lie is 99% truth and no one is ready for those . his word is our only protection from the great liar and the Father of all Liars .
By the Spirit within me.

But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you,>>> remain in him.

The fact that you heavily rely on a bible that is viewed from thousands of different angles goes to show you know nothing outside the bible(inluding God for God is not the bible), but you also are susecptible to every wind of doctrine and belief. Knowing by the peace within is what you should be seeking, but i don't hold out much hope of you due to your love of the bible.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Could you go 2 weeks not reading it to spend time in prayer, contemplation and stillness or silence ?
Like an addict at the suggestion of giving up heroin or cigarettes for 2 weeks...
what was your reaction?
An easy, "Sure, I could leave it alone for 2 weeks and pray.''
Or a , "What!? How dare you ask me that?"

Does the Bible give you a high, an inspiration, a good feeling or could you feel all that
being alone, in solitude with God's Presence...or waiting for It?
Thanks
Why would someone want to turn away from God's Word?

Old 08-31-2017, 11:24 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
By the Spirit within me.

But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit--just as it has taught you,>>> remain in him.

The fact that you heavily rely on a bible that is viewed from thousands of different angles goes to show you know nothing outside the bible(inluding God for God is not the bible), but you also are susecptible to every wind of doctrine and belief. Knowing by the peace within is what you should be seeking, but i don't hold out much hope of you due to your love of the bible.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
By the Spirit within me.

The only one susceptible to every wind of doctrine is the one who is still filled with his own breath (where did you THINK those winds come from? ). And since we know that His word is G-d breathed, we should fill up on HIS breath, not our own. Which, coincidentally, is why things strangled (with THEIR breath and blood still in them), is unclean. Better see to that hack you got, right away. And you wonder why I LOVE the law.....it's so.... revealing. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 12:01 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The only one susceptible to every wind of doctrine is the one who is still filled with his own breath (where did you THINK those winds come from? ). And since we know that His word is G-d breathed, we should fill up on HIS breath, not our own. Which, coincidentally, is why things strangled (with THEIR breath and blood still in them), is unclean. Better see to that hack you got, right away. And you wonder why I LOVE the law.....it's so.... revealing. Peace
If only you loved God and one another more than the law. You undoubtedly will be "judged by the law" since you choose to love it and follow it instead of Christ's instructions to love God and each other and repent when we don't. When it comes time to reap what we sow, I am confident Christ's instructions will prove to be the wiser choice.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If only you loved God and one another more than the law. You undoubtedly will be "judged by the law" since you choose to love it and follow it instead of Christ's instructions to love God and each other and repent when we don't. When it comes time to reap what we sow, I am confident Christ's instructions will prove to be the wiser choice.

His Word, His Breath. Always has been, always will be. You cannot separate the Breath, it IS His Spirit, it IS Him, the Spirit is NOT divided. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 12:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I give up.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:15 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
I give up.
Promise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity