Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 12:16 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,089,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I give up.

That's exactly where you START. Give up the ghost (your breath)' you're DEAD, reckon yourselves DEAD. Now: where is my LIFE? Oh, I know. It's hid in Christ and revealed by His living word within the written word. Pick up your cross and follow Him. That's another way of saying, "pick up the law that crucifies the flesh and follow me until you find Me". Hint: it's the way back to the Father. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 12:25 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,464,554 times
Quote:
I give up.
What speaks to some, won't speak to others, and that's okay. I think that you do a great job of discussing, and your posts are always encouraging, to me. I love reading your perspective and I get a lot out of your posts. Thanks for all that you've shared.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:27 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,459,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
That's exactly where you START. Give up the ghost (your breath)' you're DEAD, reckon yourselves DEAD. Now: where is my LIFE? Oh, I know. It's hid in Christ and revealed by His living word within the written word. Pick up your cross and follow Him. That's another way of saying, "pick up the law that crucifies the flesh and follow me until you find Me". Hint: it's the way back to the Father. Peace
Actually, i gave everything up i had learned as a bible worshipping fundy. To enter life enter life you have to or you die in your sin.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Actually, i gave everything up i had learned as a bible worshipping fundy. To enter life enter life you have to or you die in your sin.

No, you threw the baby out with the bathwater. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What speaks to some, won't speak to others, and that's okay. I think that you do a great job of discussing, and your posts are always encouraging, to me. I love reading your perspective and I get a lot out of your posts. Thanks for all that you've shared.

Of cause Pleroo, most of what speaks to bible fundamentalists spoke to my prejudices and biases too when i was of a similar mind. Everything that you share says you have let go of those former prejudices and biases and moved onto a perspective of God that is viewed through the lens of love and that which builds up and not destroyed. The temple that i worshipped at that stood for so long, there is no longer one stone left that is on another.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
No, you threw the baby out with the bathwater. Peace
No, the temple i worshipped at was destroyed, i had the choice of falling on the rock or it falling on me, it fell on me.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,464,554 times
Quote:
Of cause Pleroo, most of what speaks to bible fundamentalists spoke to my prejudices and biases too when i was of a similar mind. Everything that you share says you have let go of those former prejudices and biases and moved onto a perspective of God that is viewed through the lens of love and that which builds up and not destroyed. The temple that i worshipped at that stood for so long, there is no longer one stone left that is on another.
Quote:
No, the temple i worshipped at was destroyed, i had the choice of falling on the rock or it falling on me, it fell on me.
See, you have a perspective on various bible themes and passages that speaks to me. You're one of the main reasons I haven't thrown the bible out the car window.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:

But that couldn't be true, because you put the minds of men (the stones) above the mind of Christ as it is revealed throughout the WHOLE of the word, or didn't you realize the carnal mind, His enemy, is your HEADSTONE that must be rolled away? Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
But that couldn't be true, because you put the minds of men (the stones) above the mind of Christ as it is revealed throughout the WHOLE of the word, or didn't you realize the carnal mind, His enemy, is your HEADSTONE that must be rolled away? Peace
How is it that you are so confused that you believe the Father who Jesus referred to as being his source in your mind is the bible ?. Not once did Jesus refer to the scripture as being his source. I would prefer to believe the scriptures than your exaggeration of them to make them fit your belief. Thanks anyway, but no thanks.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
How is it that you are so confused that you believe the Father who Jesus referred to as being his source in your mind is the bible ?. Not once did Jesus refer to the scripture as being his source. I would prefer to believe the scriptures than your exaggeration of them to make them fit your belief. Thanks anyway, but no thanks.

Again, He didn't have to because He, unlike you, said the HG had spoken (in the word) all about Him. The Spirit is not divided, but you want it to be so. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity