Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 04:43 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,159,415 times

Advertisements

There's probably some logical reason for the sound. You should wait for something more definite before reacting. If there really is some devilish thing wanting to bother you, it will happen again, and/or be more obvious. In that case, you'll have something more substantial to go by. If not, no biggie. Think of it; some evil force, lightly/faintly doing something. This must be a joke of a pathetic spirit if it can't do better than that. Such a low level is "down in the noise floor" like the rustling of wind.

P.S. People that like to blame things on demons and devils and such are more likely to get their attention for giving them more power than they possess. If you give them power, guess what, they'll love that and "make your day". They go after the weak of mind. If you're stronger than them though, they'll be intimidated and go "elsewhere".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 08:14 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
EWTN Novena Page

Also pray to St. Michael the Archangel for protection.

PRAYER TO
SAINT MICHAEL
THE ARCHANGEL
St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen..

Old 10-17-2017, 08:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
So say we all

Old 10-17-2017, 08:51 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
I have a nice glass cross in the living room (which faces the evil neighbors), and a sick call crucifix hanging on the wall in the living room. I don't really have any religious items in my bedroom, I have been thinking of getting another crucifix for my bedroom if I can find a nice one in a local store (which is next to impossible). I also have a cross hanging on the front door. My sister said she was going to get some holy water at the church and put it in the sick call crucifix.

You are correct, I am not frightened, not in the least. As I said above, I have had many supernatural experiences in my life, some were good, some were bad, some were meh. It is part of living. I do like your prayer suggestion above, I will say it at bedtime.
So how many accounts are you able to make up.
Just curious.
Especially these new ones that are already prefab with a large amount of rep.

Keen eyes.
And sharp ears.

And even sharper things to come.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:38 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
So how many accounts are you able to make up.
Just curious.
Especially these new ones that are already prefab with a large amount of reps.
Got proof, mister? Then, do not post this nonsense.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:33 AM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebola View Post
I am a Catholic, although I do not attend weekly mass. For the past three months I have been reciting the rosary, some weeks every other day and other weeks a few times. I usually recite the rosary right before I turn out the light and go to bed. Last night, I got into bed at 9:00 pm, and I recited the rosary. I asked Mary for specific petitions and gave thanks to God for what he has given me. I specifically asked Mary to petition God to ask him what it is I need to learn in this life. I turned the light off around 9:30 pm. I woke up at 10:35 pm to turn over (I usually wake up 6-7 times a night to turn over, go to the bathroom or after having a dream). After I turned over I looked at the clock and closed my eyes to go back to sleep (usually takes me 10 minutes on average to fall asleep).

As soon as I closed my eyes, I heard a loud growl, dog-like noise in my room. It lasted for 2 seconds, then stopped. The growling noise came from an alcove in my room where my computer is located and where there is a big window which looks out on the street and the neighbor's house across from me. I quickly opened my eyes and saw that the clock said 10:37 pm, I had NOT fallen asleep. I turned my light on by my bed and I looked around the room. I got up out of bed and walked over to the alcove and my computer to verify nothing was on. The computer was shut off including the power strip it was connected to. I then looked out the window to determine if there was a dog outside or someone outside who could have made the loud growl. Outside was pitch black (we do not have street lights), even the neighbors did not have any lights on. I heard no noise outside. I went back to bed and thought maybe the growl came from my window screen, because it was a little windy early last night. I turned off my light and went back to sleep.

I woke up at 11:25 pm to go to the bathroom. I turned my light on by my bed and it was then that I heard a low growl coming from the alcove. I looked over at the alcove and saw nothing. The growl lasted maybe a second or two and sounded like a human voice pretending to growl. I got up looked around the alcove, found nothing, so I went to the bathroom. I came back to my bedroom and I got back into bed. I sat in bed with the light on for a few minutes trying to determine where the two growls came from. Could it be the wind? I then noticed at 11:25 pm the wind had died down. It was eerily quiet outside.

In my gut I had an idea of what caused the growls, I believed it was the devil/satan. I assumed the next step was going to be a night terror. I turned my light off and fell back asleep.

I slept on and off, as I usually do every night. At 4:00 am I woke up after a very strange dream. In the dream I was sleeping on my bed and I heard a woman's voice speak to me directly. The voice told me two things:

"Your family needs to know that your compassion is built upon lies"
"Your family is scared to jump into life believing they will jump into the abyss."

In the dream I asked the female voice what she meant by my compassion is built upon lies. But she never answered me. I then woke up and looked at the clock, it was 4:00 am.

Weird, huh?

In my gut I had an idea of who was speaking to me in my dream. I believe it was Mary, mother of Jesus.

This morning I spoke to my sister about the growls and my dream. My sister lives with me and has a bedroom across the hall from me. I asked her if she heard any weird noises last night around 10:30 pm. She said she had her headphones in listening to the radio. I then explained to her about the two growls I heard, the loud growl at 10:30 and the lower growl at 11:30. My sister jumped up and said she has heard growls in her bedroom during the day, but never told me because I would tell her she is crazy. She said she has heard 3-4 growls over the past three months. She said she heard the growls after she said the rosary (she recites the rosary during the day, I recite the rosary at night).

Coincidence?

Why are me and my sister reciting the rosary, you may ask? Well, it is because of evil influences coming from our neighbors across the street from us (they are thieves who steal, their son burglarized our house and stole my jewelry), and because of our mother who has been having evil obsessions where she says a man/boy is coming in her house and taking items and harassing her while she sleeps. So, me and my sister decided to start reciting the rosary and asking Mary to crush the devil and evil influences that seem to be affecting us.

What I find weird, is that one time after I said the rosary, and I then turned my light out to go to sleep, within seconds a very loud bang occured in my room. So loud my sister across the hall heard it also. I could find nothing to account for the loud bang. Another time after I said the rosary, I turned my light out to go to bed and I heard a loud voice yell my name in my ear. It startled me as I was awake and not dreaming.

Maybe I am going crazy. Or maybe the rosary is working. Just thought I would share my experience.

BTW, today is the 100 anniversary of The Miracle of the Sun also known as the Miracle of Fátima which occurred on October 13,1917.
Sorry about the growls, I thought you were asleep, and it is something that I do without thinking, when I am in human form, I am always humming and it sounds like a low growl, I just admit noise when I am thinking.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:02 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well, I do indeed imbibe. But only on days of the week with a "y" in them.

So, I'll hoist a few for you.

No, no. Don't thank me. My pleasure.
You can't take on such a burden alone, TD.

I am willing to help. Episcopalians have wine at their potlucks and beer at the church picnic.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:03 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sorry about the growls, I thought you were asleep, and it is something that I do without thinking, when I am in human form, I am always humming and it sounds like a low growl, I just admit noise when I am thinking.
^Best answer!

Old 10-19-2017, 03:02 AM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
As someone not raised in a religion, and taking a peek at the religious forums, I find this ghost story very peculiar.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
I think it's probably more important to attend the mass than to recite the prayers without it. You are missing the communal worship experience. Or, try speaking what is on your heart in prayer rather than reciting the prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity