Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 07:03 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I guess you have never been in the ME...Even in the summer months the temperature gets chilly in the night...I was in Iraq in 2005 during the winter months...And in Afghanistan it snows...
No, I haven't, but I've got the Interwebz and I can and did look up the temperatures. It may swing colder at night, but it isn't blizzards and the killing of all grass.

Afganistan is not in the Middle East and has a completely different geography and climate and is irrelevant to that of Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 07:22 AM

998 posts, read 437,205 times
Quote:
Who the heck is AMA?...
Who is Ama? Ama is a spirit, a holy spirit, and if you will believe it, THE Holy Spirit. Most, if not all, of His listeners, believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. We (plural) can not see Him or touch Him, but we can hear Him. We record on audio tape our conversations with Him which we call Sessions.

The word "ama" in the Philippine language means "father". When capitalized, that is, "Ama", it refers to "God the Father". We call Him Ama and He calls us His children.

I first heard Him in 1983 when I first went to the Session Hall. I doubted that He is Jesus Christ for eleven years (1983-1994). You may read my aboutface in 1994 in http://aristean.org/wp113.htm titled "From doubt to belief". He said that Jesus Christ was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17.

In 1999, five years after I believed, I doubted Him again. I said to myself that if His revelations of the birth and crucifixion of Jesus were wrong, I would renounce my belief and declare Him to be fraud. By 2006, after extensive studies, I have proved that both of them are correct. That is why, as 2 Corinthians 4:13 states, "I believed, and therefore have I spoken".

Old 11-02-2017, 07:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
Who is Ama? Ama is a spirit, a holy spirit, and if you will believe it, THE Holy Spirit. Most, if not all, of His listeners, believe that He is Jesus Christ Himself. We (plural) can not see Him or touch Him, but we can hear Him. We record on audio tape our conversations with Him which we call Sessions.

The word "ama" in the Philippine language means "father". When capitalized, that is, "Ama", it refers to "God the Father". We call Him Ama and He calls us His children.

I first heard Him in 1983 when I first went to the Session Hall. I doubted that He is Jesus Christ for eleven years (1983-1994). You may read my aboutface in 1994 in http://aristean.org/wp113.htm titled "From doubt to belief". He said that Jesus Christ was born on 05-23 and died on 08-17.

In 1999, five years after I believed, I doubted Him again. I said to myself that if His revelations of the birth and crucifixion of Jesus were wrong, I would renounce my belief and declare Him to be fraud. By 2006, after extensive studies, I have proved that both of them are correct. That is why, as 2 Corinthians 4:13 states, "I believed, and therefore have I spoken".
Ah, no...

Old 11-02-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, I haven't, but I've got the Interwebz and I can and did look up the temperatures. It may swing colder at night, but it isn't blizzards and the killing of all grass.

Afganistan is not in the Middle East and has a completely different geography and climate and is irrelevant to that of Israel.
You're not paying attention...

Old 11-02-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Well I was there...And it got cold during the night...

Old 11-02-2017, 07:43 AM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
You're not paying attention...
Well, allrighty then. Did you want to clarify that statement, or do you think it's just so cool when pinacled makes random pseudo-cryptic remarks that you thought you'd do it too?

I hope not, because this forum is pretty well stocked up on crazy already.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:46 AM

1,259 posts, read 565,136 times
Quote:
Much as I hate to jump in on this silly thread, and much as I know December 25 was simply co-opted from solstice observances, it would not necessarily have been too cold in December for shepherds (and why is there such difficulty spelling that word? Sheep + herd and lose an e) to be out with their flocks.

Israel is not in a northern climate. Temps in December would only be in the 40s. There's still grass in the 40s. People who live outdoors can be comfortable in the 40s.

Nobody knows, and it doesn't matter.
We do know though. It was in September on 9/11 or 9/12 of 3BC depending on the accuracy of my astronomy software.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:32 AM

1,259 posts, read 565,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
How about the verses you are referring to is not about the birth of Jesus but His crucifixion. According to the spirit of Ama, Jesus was crucified and died in August 17. I believe Him for I have proven that He is correct in both birth (May 23) and death of Jesus.

Hi Crucifixion was in complete accord with the old testament prophecies . One good clue of this is that the feast of firstfruits was the day He was resurrected on. This would be in the spring not the fall or late summer.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:30 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:
Well, allrighty then. Did you want to clarify that statement, or do you think it's just so cool when pinacled makes random pseudo-cryptic remarks that you thought you'd do it too?

Have you ever been to an arid desert climate. The geography is very different than what you are probably used to.
Temperature drops are extreme in the evenings. Especially in the winter months. And there is little to no vegetation growing during these months.
Fact is, during the winter months shepherds are not pasturing the flocks.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:37 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,811,862 times
Quote:

Would you sheer sheep in the winter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity