Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 02:56 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find Jesus taught that God can be worshipped with truth as per John 4:23-24.
Jesus taught that Scripture is 'religious truth' as per John 17:17.
So, worshipping God with spirit and truth would be the truth of the Bible. What we can learn from the Bible.
The worship of God should be a living worship (James 2:26) so as a school's pep rally is designed to create a lively school spirit,
or we can think of a high-spirited horse as being a lively horse, then our worship must be an active life style in accordance with what the Bible really teaches,
and Not out of just some sort of emotional state of mind.

Why do you think it took 40 years to destroy the Temple at Jerusalem? Why not 39, why not 1, why 40?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2018, 09:03 PM

I may have found something very interesting this evening in regards to timelines associated with Biblical events and the movement of the planets. I hope to share more soon. Right now I'm focus on Jupiter and its 12 years 120 day retrograde.

Remember that number 120 is interesting in that we have 120 Jubilees.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
I may have found something very interesting this evening in regards to timelines associated with Biblical events and the movement of the planets. I hope to share more soon. Right now I'm focus on Jupiter and its 12 years 120 day retrograde.

Also there are 12 hours on a clock!

And 12 things in a dozen!

Whoa! Far frickin' out, man!

Old 09-24-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

But why are there 12 hours on a clock?

Old 09-24-2018, 11:33 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:

Interesting. I wish I knew more about the Hebrew language system. I did a search, and the Hebrew name for Jupiter is "tzedek" which means "justice". There are 12 judges...12 tribes. The messiah will arise from the succession of Melchizedek, who is essentially a mystery...discussed in Hebrews but not many other places. Does anyone know the numerical value of the Hebrew word "tzedek"? You may be onto something here. I'm all ears.

ETA

What's also interesting is what the three Hebrew letters comprising this word represent: Tsade Dalet Kuf.

Tsade = Represented pictorially by a trail

Dalet = Pictorial representation is a door

Kuf = Pictorial representation is a sun on the horizon

Well now, that represents a believer's path, doesn't it? Walking the path toward the entrance to eternal life. Gosh darn it, I need to learn Biblical Hebrew immediately.

Last edited by treemoni; 09-25-2018 at 12:10 AM..

Old 09-25-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
well I don't think he will come in 2040.. I am sure he is coming before that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
but lately I don't think we will have to wait that long.

I feel this way a lot...then sometimes I don't. So I basically just try to live right. Don't wanna be caught slippin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm saying that there is no reason to be concerned whether it is 2040 or 2017 if it makes no difference in how you conduct your life and the only reason to say you have the information is to make yourself feel special.

It's supposed to matter for believers. Once you are aware of what's happening you're supposed to stay vigilant, because nobody knows the date. Not even the angels. That's where I differ with the OP. I don't get into the habit of predicting. We aren't supposed to. And I am actually AFRAID to.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
If anyone has links to information regarding evidence of Hebrew observance of Jubilees, I would very interested in those. It appears there really isn't any from what I understand, outside of the Bible.

The only person on record that I believe observed Jubilee is Anthony Johnson, who is known as the first black slave owner. I say "on record" loosely because most of his records have been erased from history. The records of his court dispute (if they still exist) would probably get you closest. I think he was used to sanction slavery in America. He had an indentured servant who believed his contract was up and that Johnson was holding him illegally. I haven't looked up this case but based on what's in Wiki () and what little I know about Jubilee from the Bible, I believe he was keeping his indentured servant until the year of Jubilee (when you were supposed to release people to give them rest). They say he was illiterate but this man owned lots of property. How the heck can you be an illiterate person who owns property and deals with contracts? The image of his "mark" in Wikipedia is clearly Hebrew script to me. Anyway...I'd imagine the only other people who observe Jubilee these days are Native Americans, but they probably call it something totally different. They haven't yet remembered who they are...

Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

And 12 eggs in a carton.

And 12 beers in a box.

And 12 tones in a chromatic scale.

I tell you, it must be a conspiracy.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
Interesting. I wish I knew more about the Hebrew language system. I did a search, and the Hebrew name for Jupiter is "tzedek" which means "justice". There are 12 judges...12 tribes. The messiah will arise from the succession of Melchizedek, who is essentially a mystery...discussed in Hebrews but not many other places. Does anyone know the numerical value of the Hebrew word "tzedek"? You may be onto something here. I'm all ears.

ETA

What's also interesting is what the three Hebrew letters comprising this word represent: Tsade Dalet Kuf.

Tsade = Represented pictorially by a trail

Dalet = Pictorial representation is a door

Kuf = Pictorial representation is a sun on the horizon

Well now, that represents a believer's path, doesn't it? Walking the path toward the entrance to eternal life. Gosh darn it, I need to learn Biblical Hebrew immediately.

That is interesting. I know that in ancient Hebrew that the in Genesis 6:3 where it mentions the one hundred twenty days in letters actually has a numerical value of 666.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I feel this way a lot...then sometimes I don't. So I basically just try to live right. Don't wanna be caught slippin!

It's supposed to matter for believers. Once you are aware of what's happening you're supposed to stay vigilant, because nobody knows the date. Not even the angels. That's where I differ with the OP. I don't get into the habit of predicting. We aren't supposed to. And I am actually AFRAID to.

Actually we will know the date if we are watching. This idea that we CAN'T know is a NOT the truth.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

You see you can't know UNTIL you receive POWER when the Holy Ghost comes upon them. The Disciples had not received the Holy Ghost until the day of Pentacost. At that point the POWER of God can come upon you and reveal these things.

Therefore, don't be fooled by the lie that we can't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity