Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2017, 11:47 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He isn't off topic at all, every subject will always come back to the law, the Sabbaths and Holy days you keep ALWAYS come back to the law, God's commandments.

Men invent their own ways but God has his ways, and he would that all people became the same and this is absolutely impossible unless everyone accepts the holy days of God. The holy days is what divides Jew and Gentile, and the Jew cannot join a Pagan Christian, the Christian must join God and accept only his ways, and this is the promise to a Gentile who seeks an inheritance in Israel, you keep his Sabbaths, and you obtain the inheritance.
The topic of the thread is halloween, not the Sabbath. And not your incessant preaching about the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 11:50 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Sabbath HAS been changed. And not to a different day. The Saturday Sabbath that Israel was commanded to keep has not been brought over into the New Testament. Nor was it ever imposed on Gentiles unless they were sojourning with Israel. As for Jesus, He was born, lived, died, and was resurrected during the age of Israel and therefore observed the Sabbath. When the Church-age began on the day of Pentecost 50 days after His resurrection the change in dispensations saw the end of the weekly Sabbath. The church has a far superior rest in Christ Jesus which is a continuous rest.

Many of the Jewish Christians did continue to observe the Sabbath because of habit and tradition. But Paul made it clear that whether one observed the Sabbath or not was a personal choice.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day

That includes the weekly Sabbath, not just the High Sabbaths that were associated with Jewish festivals.

If you want to observe it then do so. Don't try to impose it on others.

And that's my last post on the subject. It's not the topic of this thread and from past discussions on this issue, you seem unable to get past the teaching of your denomination on the matter.

Read Matt. Mark. Luke. John first.
Yeesh, it's not like ole paul was clear enough.
The Language is clear to those who know what the Sabbaths and Holy days through the yr are.
It's a statement to encourage us that Yeshua the holy one is our Sabbath and Holy day.

Yeshua.
Matt 23
"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant."

Yakov (James 3
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Read Matt. Mark. Luke. John first.
Yeesh, it's not like ole paul was clear enough.
The Language is clear to those who know what the Sabbaths and Holy days through the yr are.
It's a statement to encourage us that Yeshua the holy one is our Sabbath and Holy day.

Yeshua.
Matt 23
"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant."

Yakov (James 3
My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
As I said, I stand by what I've already said and I'm not going to discuss it any further.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:56 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
The topic of the thread is halloween, not the Sabbath. And not your incessant preaching about the law.
The question concerns the Sabbaths of God, and Man's holy days.

It DOES come back to whether you choose God's Sabbaths or man's.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:57 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Publ..._United_States

The topic is holidays.....

Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
The topic is specifically about how supposedly ''Halloween is Evil'' according to some. It is not about holidays in general, and it is not about the Sabbath or the feast days of Israel.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You obviously don't have eyes to see. You're making one excuse after another and being just critical. And, you probably would be critical of the Angels' tough preaching too. Your churches are doing a miserable job nowadays.
I’m just asking where the love and forgiveness is that the title of the thread promised.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
The topic is specifically about how supposedly ''Halloween is Evil'' according to some. It is not about holidays in general, and it is not about the Sabbath or the feast days of Israel.
Firstly it is considered and defined, watch for it.
holi,day. See that holi part. That is an imposition.

Now, personally I don't care about some innocuous imposition as subtle as this for the fact that it is simply an annual pagan event to me.
For my part in the discussion it's just The Truth that needs to be read. So holi is supposed denote what exactly?
I see nothing more than a rediculous marketing scheme that will leave businesses accounts rolling like a security fund.
A nice investment for mamon.

There is no innocence involed in deceiving children at an early age that joy comes from the likes of mamon.

Joy is first and formost a daily experience in the Lord. Exploring all of the Creation that the Good Lord gave us to govern.
Blessings in every minutia of purity that comes down from the Father of lights.
The Husbandman to call his Children to Yeshua (jesus.

So if a child is being groomed every yr to expect joy in witnessing obscene imaginings that give rewards. Who then do you expect those children will think their Father is?
What image is being instilled in an innocent soul?

Old 10-26-2017, 01:57 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:

Now, personally I don't care about some innocuous imposition as subtle as this for the fact that it is simply an annual pagan event to me.
For my part in the discussion it's just The Truth that needs to be read. So holi is supposed denote what exactly?
I see nothing more than a rediculous marketing scheme that will leave businesses accounts rolling like a security fund.

There is no innocence involed in deceiving children at an early age that joy comes from the likes of mamon.

Joy is first and formost a daily experience in the Lord. Exploring all of the Creation that the Good Lord gave us to govern.

So if a child is being groomed every yr to expect joy in witnessing obscene imaginings that give rewards. Who then do you expect those children will think their Father is?
The problem with this theory is that it hasn't proven true. Most people, Christians included, grew up participating in Halloween. The "Halloween is Evil" schtick is relatively recent and maybe became popular in certain traditions
20-25 years ago. We weren't damaged by it.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:

I'll say this one last time. The title of this thread, and therefore the topic of the thread is, ''Halloween is Evil. Street Preacher Shows Jesus' Forgiveness & Love.'' It is not about ''holi'' in general. It is not about the Sabbath, it is not about the Jewish feast days.

And regarding Halloween, I've already stated that it is what you make it. Little children trick or treating is not evil.

And with that, I am done with this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity